Gov’t to initiate tourism promotion measures to counter coronavirus impact

rooster59

4 hours ago, smedly said:

China has isolated huge parts of the country and shut down public transport and told people to stay indoors

With a few weeks delay, so this measure is totally ineffective; as I often write:
put a bandage on a wooden leg ....would be just as effective

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The private sector is being asked to make more investment in the country to compensate for the expected shortcomings, while the government will be supporting investment projects through the Thailand Future Fund, which allows the general public to purchase shares, serving as their savings and investment at the same time.

So you want the private sector to invest more and the general public to invest more...and you are doing what again?

Oh, yes Chimp Shop Hi...version 4.0.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, their solution to this problem is to promote domestic tourism? Expecting a population that is now cautious

to leave their houses to go to work or anywhere others might be congregating. Might as well be pocketing the 

money they will be requesting from the government/taxpayer for this endeavour. Oh!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

So they are doing the opposite of containment by encouraging domestic tourism. 

Yep.... some just don't seem to understand what the word "epidemic" means or how it spreads...

but then again they didn't get in their respective positions because of brains or the ability of how to do anything!

Don't they understand "tourism" is finished until the CORONA VIRUS has been completely obliterated. People are not going to go on holiday to any country where there is a higher risk.

Forget about the fact that currently this virus is maybe not that dangerous....its like saying "Officer, I only had one drink"!!

And as for arranging concerts and shows etc...are they mad!  Lets all get together and rub hands!!

Edited by Pdavies99

1 minute ago, Pdavies99 said:

Don't they understand "tourism" is finished until the CORONA VIRUS has been completely obliterated. People are not going to go on holiday to any country where there is a higher risk.

Forget about the fact that currently this virus is maybe not that dangerous....its like saying "Officer, I only had one drink"!!

They are talking about promoting local tourism while in the middle of a possible epidemic. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Reading the thread is exactly the opposite that these idiots want to do;
promote internal tourism; therefore ask residents of Thailand to mix with those who are potentially infected in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok ...and so on ...

They really understand nothing and will never understand anything.

So may people just don't get it.

Listen up, listen carefully:

T H A I S  K N O W  B E S T

Best to just shake your head and let them get on with their collective wet-dream. It'll all be alright on the night.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

They are talking about promoting local tourism while in the middle of a possible epidemic. 

In other words they are hoping the local population don't know the definition of epidemic or pandemic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpatLife said:

My GF shed some light for me without realising it, when I spoke about how the virus is going to evolve in Thailand due to the incompetence of the government, she stated that Thai people like to lead normal lives without worrying, and that their government cares about them. This explains why schools are still not closed, insanity. I knew the level of brainwashing was real, but that really illustrated it to me. 

thats odd. my wife said the government not care about thai people only money.

i guess they can't both be right ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

while the government will be supporting investment projects through the Thailand Future Fund, which allows the general public to purchase shares, serving as their savings and investment at the same time.

Invest in some dodgy investment scheme and the money will likely disappear at the first sign of a market correction.Rice anyone?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

(not just thailand, other asian countries too, singapore especially)

Singapore Government has been around all of the Condos handing out free masks, but in all honesty there aren't that many people wearing them (seen far more people wearing masks on the BTS in Bangkok than I have on the MRT in Singapore).