Is this a good time to buy a Condo?

bkk6060

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That's the problem with short term tenants. They don't care about the rules because they are gone in a few days. Once a building starts taking short term guests it's finished as a decent place to live.

short term tenants don't start building balcony conversions, that kills the look of a condo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Airalee said:

I love what you’ve done with the place!  

The stuffed animals really add a certain je ne sais quoi that probably helps your “houseguests” feel right at home. 

I don't want to offend anyone, but personally I feel I'd get depressed in that apartment.

The ceiling seems too low and the place itself too dark … too small windows, too little sunlight. I much prefer the View Talay 5 condo I rented in the past or even the Acqua condo that I rented later. 

15 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

I don't want to offend anyone, but personally I feel I'd get depressed in that apartment.

The ceiling seems too low and the place itself too dark … too small windows, too little sunlight.

But the view is to die for. (TIC)

Edited by Airalee
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 4:57 AM, bkk6060 said:

Haha.  Well, there certainly are bitter people because their Thailand real estate "investment" has gone sideways. Lots of desperation out there.

Renting is very reasonable here and gives me the life flexibility I prefer that owners do not have.  More of a featherweight then a lightweight. ????

But, I put my money into real investments with a diversified portfolio which is way way up in the past few years.  And those dead money condos? You got one? Over 12,000 now for sale in Pattaya area alone.  Shameful.

But, I bet you do not understand any of it.

Please please please  the "diligent buyer" does not want to hear this,had a one off with "diligent buyer" while ago,got me suspended.    BTW           renting? but even that is too beware,falling rents everywhere,no two month deposit on anything  same-same house,same same area can be rented for 50% less than the one already rented

On 2/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, how241 said:

Based on 600K each, which I know he bought many for way less,  that gives you a 7% return. 

I'm getting around 6% on my share portfolio.

The condo assoc.  controls to insure the 51%  Thai is maintained.

And he can guarantee this happens, can he?

I think he has many in his Thai ladies name,  not that this is an issue. 

I wouldn't do that, but each to their own. 

20 condo's in Nirun, for only 80k a month, seems to me like more risk than reward, not to mention ongoing expenses eroding the 80k a month. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:
On 2/25/2020 at 8:17 PM, how241 said:

The condo assoc.  controls to insure the 51%  Thai is maintained.

And he can guarantee this happens, can he?

Yes,  this is a Thai condo law and not something that the condo association decided on.  No condo project can be owned by more than 49% farang. When you try to sell or transfer any condo the land office will require documents that confirm the 51/49% Thai ratio.  Nothing new here.

Edited by how241

1 hour ago, how241 said:

Yes,  this is a Thai condo law and not something that the condo association decided on.  No condo project can be owned by more than 49% farang. When you try to sell or transfer any condo the land office will require documents that confirm the 51/49% Thai ratio.  Nothing new here.

Not quite true, they confirm at least 51% Thai i imagine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, how241 said:

No condo project can be owned by more than 49% farang.

False.

Has nothing to do with Falang but it is regarding foreigners.

Chinese, Korea, whatever are not Falang but fall under the % rule.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, how241 said:

The staff at the Land Office are honest and not corruptible.  No way would they ever make false papers for encroached land and the like.  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Anyway its not a logical rule.

its creates Only partially full / sold buildings which is environmentally a bad situation. 

No, they are all sold to farang, just the paperwork says it's 51%/49%, until an investigation, and then it's like musical chairs.  ????

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

False.

Has nothing to do with Falang but it is regarding foreigners.

Chinese, Korea, whatever are not Falang but fall under the % rule.

No you said 51\49 which isn't the same thing. It could be 80% Thai 20% Foreigner

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just playing with words....Farang=Foreigner=  NON Thai citizens...

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

No, they are all sold to farang, just the paperwork says it's 51%/49%, until an investigation, and then it's like musical chairs.  ????

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

The staff at the Land Office are honest and not corruptible.  No way would they ever make false papers for encroached land and the like

Just looking to pick and find negative things to post.  Everyone understands that all condos must be owned by 51% Thai citizens.  Even if the condo office or land office played some games to get someone in under the cap,  it wouldn't really affect you. I understand that many of you would NEVER buy anything in Thailand and think people that do are crazy.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, how241 said:

Not quite true, they confirm at least 51% Thai i imagine

No they don't. They confirm 49% foreigner maximum.

There is no minimum or maximum on the Thai quota, only a maximum on the foreign quota

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Susco said:

No they don't. They confirm 49% foreigner maximum.

There is no minimum or maximum on the Thai quota, only a maximum on the foreign quota

Yes, 100%  correct.  Thanks

• Like 1