Pressure spray washer info please

Kenny202

Pressure washer I bought 5 years ago finally packed it in. I remember I paid about 5000 baht for it. Pretty standard domestic trolley cleaner. 120 bar 1600 watt. Zinsano brand from Homepro but I see they sell this brand other shops. Was never comfortable buying it because it seemed to expensive for a no name brand. Had troubles with o rings and accessories right from the start but the machine itself did the job. Anyway think motor burned out.

I don't want to spend that sort of money on one again as I am not sure how long I am here for, living in a rented house but has a lot of paving and our water pressure terrible. I saw a few on Lazada, one particular one looks good, Delton brand...good specs, good reviews, fairly high wattage and pressure 2600 watts. Price about 1800 baht delivered. 

I went to Thai Watsadhu and Dhu home today and they were over the top expensive. Seeing things I saw online double the price. I don't know if anyone buys from these places? online so much cheaper. It's not like you get any after sales service or guarantees. I don't mind paying 20% more as I know they have overheads but not paying 200-300% more

Some of the brands I have seen Polo, Karcher (rubbish), Total, Kruker, Inntech.

Apart from Karcher don't know any of these brands. I am not adverse to buying a lesser known brand as I have had so many problems back home with Karcher, Gerni etc. Used to be good. 

On the off chance has anyone got one of these Delton pressure washers or know about them or have some other ideas?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/delton-180-2600-high-pressure-washer-i594478287-s1116146960.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.692261084ar8Qm

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think I would try and find one that has the same connector system as the old one then you can still use the old hoses? 

If you want to?

Thanks for that already thought of that. Think they're all pretty much standard 22mm now on the outlet hose. My hose and gun not too good anymore anyway but will keep for a spare.

• Like 1

I own Karcher and Zinsano Induction motor pressure washers. Neither was inexpensive. Both have worked fine. Two other brands of INDUCTION motor pressure washers for the OP to consider are Bosch or Lavor. The key to pressure washer satisfaction in my opinion is to buy model with an induction motor and to clean out the water filter usually installed on better machines. The garden taps in my homes use government water that is NOT filtered. Zinsano has some fine models and has some models built to a price. 

Surprising to hear that Kärcher is bad.

Seems they miss to ensure quality from the China(?) built devices?

Or complete fakes?

In Germany it's a top brand and stands as a name for pressure washing.

A pressure washer is a "Kärcher".

Pressure washing is "kärchern".

Not cheap of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

I own Karcher and Zinsano Induction motor pressure washers. Neither was inexpensive. Both have worked fine. Two other brands of INDUCTION motor pressure washers for the OP to consider are Bosch or Lavor. The key to pressure washer satisfaction in my opinion is to buy model with an induction motor and to clean out the water filter usually installed on better machines. The garden taps in my homes use government water that is NOT filtered. Zinsano has some fine models and has some models built to a price. 

Yes I had a Zinsano, effectively a no name brand as far as I know. The machine itself was ok but all of the other accessories etc I had trouble with. Soap dispenser never worked, the connection where you connect to hose seemed to chew out o rings. Used to be difficult to prime sometimes too. It was ok. Pressure fairly good. Used it for about 5 years and electrically ok until last week. Could even be the brushes that went, didn't smell any burning. It cost over 5000 baht when I bought it and still around that price. 130 bar domestic model so not what I would call cheap.

Karcher OMG yes have a good name but I think back 20 years when the pumps / pistons were metal. I had several in Australia and total rubbish. I see a couple of models on Lazada and I was thinking better the devil you know. Did some reviews on them and the 2 particular models 1 and 2 stars (out of 5!) Most of the complaints were burn outs after a year or two. I really think with some of the better brand name stuff, companies send their failures to Thailand to sell off cheap. They advertise the ones on Lazada as made in Germany but I don't believe it for a minute.

Bosch would be excellent but very expensive here. I did see that Lavor and looked good but never heard of them. 

Ended up opting for this one...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/takara-high-pressuse-washer-130-europa-1-i124345901-s130187139.html

Never heard of this brand either but specs and price good and 300 x 5 star Lazada reviews. Problem is with Lazada reviews maybe excellent when they first got it and clagged out 6 months later. Company selling them looks reputable and has a 1 year warranty where others have none or 6 months

Edited by Kenny202

Takara makes some fine hoses for cooking gas. Takara makes plastic garden hoses in small sizes and high prices. No telling what Chinese factory slapped Takara name on the pressure washer. If you need repairs it will not be from the seller on Lazada. It will be from the company that distributes Takara. I have bought a few hundred items on Lazada, and the Krups coffee grinder repair experience taught me that Groupe SEB, the corporate owner of Krups had to be pushed to take any responsibility. The Official Tefal page on lazada would only help for a 2 week period. Hence for a pressure washer, or water pump, you might consider buying in Thailand from a store that has a real repair department. The minute it is put in a box "send to Bangkok" it can take weeks. A rare exception is Milwaukee Tools. If the OP would please post any future repair experiences on Takara pressure washers in Thailand it might prove insightful. Lavor is a MAJOR Italian manufacturer of High Pressure Washers. They are a sponsor of one of the motor sports teams that will be at the Moto GP in Buriram in 2020. Some models made in Italy, some in China. 

Funny you mention that because I got my missus to call Zinsano call centre and ask for their repairer in Khon Kaen. NO HAB. Need post Bkk. I mean KK a pretty major city in Thailand and these Zinsano products in all the major retailers here. No support at all.

As for the Takara, yes. Like most warranties here only as good as the seller. Mainly they don't like to take stuff back because they bought a container load of them from China and they get stuck with it. I googled about them before I bought it and couldn't find anything on them so I am guessing there is no distributor or agent. I've bought some major brandname stuff here has 5 year guarantee label on the box, but in Thailand 6 months, 1 year or no guarantee at all. Like living in a parallel universe here

On 2/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for that already thought of that. Think they're all pretty much standard 22mm now on the outlet hose. My hose and gun not too good anymore anyway but will keep for a spare.

You can buy a new Hose and Gun kit at Mega Home

About 400 Baht if memory serves.

I know for a fact you can have your Zinsano High pressure washer, or Bosch Pressure washer, or Lavor Pressure Washer, Hitachi Pressure Washer, Makita Pressure washer fixed for a cash payment in Buriram. Some brands, the repair will be free under warranty if you show up at some stores with the store receipt and original warranty card. Some brands such as Makita, Bosch, Lavor, Hitachi have arrangements withe the authorized repair stations such as Ruangsangthai Builders Merchants in Buriram to reimburse the store for repairs. Other brands are not as trusting and will only do warranty repairs if the machine is shipped to Bangkok.  Many dealers do in fact have parts for Zinsano in stock for common repairs. Not Buriram HomePro, Not ThaiWatsadu, Not Global House, Not Big C, not Robinson, Tool and Water Pump Repairs in Thailand, if you did NOT buy the product at that store is hit and miss, so better ask in advance. I will see the same repair team in Buriram April 3rd through April 9th at the Buriram Home & Tool Expo. The man holding the bench grinder has proven helpful with free Zinsano repairs for folks who have bought Zinsano pressure washers in Buriram. The two women were quite cordial when I spoke with them last April as we discussed lubrication of tools in Buriram. They mentioned tool size matters. 

Buriram Zinsano Bench Grinder Wurth Lubrication.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I am not in Burriram and I bought my Zinsano from Homepro and when I had the issues with o rings, soap dispenser etc not only did they not have parts they were useless.

What with the photos? Why would you take a photo of some Zinsano dude at an expo with a couple of girls and keep it? Much less post it here?

Anyhoo, I am sure I could have got it repaired locally if I wanted to. If it were only the motor I probably would have but it's 5 years old and as I said was leaking here and there, bad connection etc. Rather just get a new one. And if I was sure I was staying here forever I would of course but the best brand I could....probably Makita or Bosch but may only need it for 6 months or so, so I took the gamble on the 2000 baht one. With all the positive reviews not only on the product but back up from the company I am pretty confident it should be ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

The two women were quite cordial when I spoke with them last April as we discussed lubrication of tools in Buriram. They mentioned tool size matters

Is that such a surprise! I thought tool size (or lack of it) always mattered. ???? :cheesy: Specially when talking about lubricants 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Ordered the same unit in your post from the same supplier. Broke on first use. Supplier promised to deliver replacement part in 5-7 working days, sufficient time for return policy to expire. Have been chasing and following for a month getting gibberish google translate bot replies while sitting on a usless 1700baht pile of plastic and an unfinished job. Supplier says shop shipped part but refuses to send any tracking information. Refuses to send any tracking information. Extremely disappointed. 

• 1 year later...

An old post I know but someone may read this. I took a chance and bought the Marten pressure washer from Lazada (about 1400 baht), it had decent specs and I'd seen a lot of these sold through Facebook and read all the reviews.

Flow rate: 500 L/H (not tested)
Pressure: 350 bar
Power: 3000W/4HP
Mpa: 35

Firstly, its a substantial weight (about 10 kilos) with a light plastic housing. I've accidentally pulled it off the wall (about a foot drop) a few times, the plastic has cracked but the machine carries on. I've had it 3 years now and I use it all the time. I wash 1 car and 2 motorbikes every 2 weeks and because we live by the sea, I'm constantly jetting down the driveway that accumulates all the sand blown in. Bug bears, only a 1m electric chord.

If you want a proper set up though, it is worth upgrading all the connections, gun etc. I looked at a few of these that look very similar before I bought and they all had a similar connector. This connector is unique and fits nothing but their own equipment and you can't buy an adapter to fit to it. So, initially I wanted it to wash the car and bikes and wanted a foam cannon like I have in the UK. So, I spoke to a Thai company on Facebook (KLM tools), sent them photographs and videos of my connections and the machine in operation. He advised me what I needed to buy. So, I bought a new gun designed to work on higher pressure but with the ability to attach quick connects, it is much higher quality than the original. I also bought all the brass quick connections needed, extension rod and a couple of nozzles plus 1 Foam cannon with 2 spare bottles. My original hose lasted 2 years but then split, so I bought a better quality one.

Now that I know what all the connections are, I have bought more plus nozzles from Lazada at much cheaper prices than KLM tools but he saved me lots of time and research initially.

I would advise anyone to upgrade all their connections to the metal versions. No more leaks, everything just slots together safely and is secure. I have upgrade all our garden hoses and hoes reel with brass connections, I have a brass 4 way tap outside which connects to the hosepipe exclusive for the pressure washer; to a short 1m pipe to wash our feet with; to a sprinkler system; to a 15m hose for the garden fitted with a brass variable spray nozzle.

We get a lot of green algae under our carport, so twice a year I wash it all down and let it dry 24 hours, then apply a chemical that kills the algae. We can get a Pajero and 2 scooters on the driveway, so its a decent size job. I also bought a High Pressure Washer Rotating Turbo Nozzle which really helps deep clean the drive.

All in all, about 4000 baht gets you a proper set up with everything quick release and bomb proof. If the washer eventually breaks, I'll try to find another without the accessories.

marten.jpg

On 2/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, Kenny202 said:

Some of the brands I have seen Polo, Karcher (rubbish), Total, Kruker, Inntech.

Apart from Karcher don't know any of these brands. I am not adverse to buying a lesser known brand as I have had so many problems back home with Karcher, Gerni etc. Used to be good. 

I very much regret buying a Total jet washer. It would run OK for ten minutes or so then reduce power for the rest of the time and only run intermittently.

I went out and bought a Bosch which has been running perfectly for the past six months or so. The Bosch was "only" 6K Baht but the best I've ever had.

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

The big Bosh one from Homepro with the patio brush total 9,500bt used twice in a year so far was a bit overkill I found out ????

Yeah, the one I bought to strip my roof and the outside of the building it too big and heavy, it cleans though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I found the best one is home made.

Get a piston pump the farmers use,a wand and 50 metre roll of hose.

Make a frame and power by 2nd hand motor.

Heaps of pressure and worth the effort.

I worked for a show in California where the shop foreman built one that was trailer mounted. It had a Cat pump and a ten-horsepower three-phase motor. It would strip the paint off if you weren't careful with it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I worked for a show in California where the shop foreman built one that was trailer mounted. It had a Cat pump and a ten-horsepower three-phase motor. It would strip the paint off if you weren't careful with it. 

That is a good point, for general work around the house you don't need mega power, you may make things worse other than cleaning.

120/150 bar is ample.......:thumbsup:

Yep,that's why i included the 120 baht wand in the picture as it is adjustable for pressure and stream.

Ours works fine on our sandstone finished area,only downfall is the wand only covers about an inch in area so be prepared to be patient.

Before the sandstone you had to be careful on concrete not taking the seal of the top creating moisture.

• 6 months later...
Just now, stupidfarang said:

Hi, am looking at buying the same washer and I seen your comment, would you recommend this brand? Thanks in advance

Yes, hadn't used it for a long time, but I just dismantled an indoor A/C unit, gave the fan a good blast with it, can't fault it...????

• Like 1