Fire at Yamu Pier destroys two speed boats, 1 million baht of damages

snoop1130

Fire at Yamu Pier destroys two speed boats, 1 million baht of damages

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1583317733_1-org.jpg

The fire engulfing the two boats moored at Yamu Pier yesterday (Mar 3). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A fire at Yamu Pier in north-eastern Pa Klok yesterday afternoon (Mar 3) caused heavy damage to two speed boats.

At 4:30pm a twin-engined boat by the name of “Lee Loo 2” had just returned from a tourist trip to Phi Phi Island and was refuelling.

During this process a nearby spark caused a fire to start and quickly spread throughout the boat and onto another boat, “Praeploy 3”, which was moored next to it. The startled crew jumped into the water to escape the blaze.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/fire-at-yamu-pier-destroys-two-speed-boats-1-million-baht-of-damages-75122.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-04
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Hopefully many of them will burn down like that. Then maybe, maybe, someone will think about improving fire safety standards. 

What a charming comment, especially as you are in Bangkok and completely unaffected by this.

I guess if people had died on board it would have served them right in your (jaundiced) opinion.

How many fires were there in Bangkok today? Not that I'm interested as I don't live there.