70-80 Thai workers returning from South Korea 'have fled quarantine'

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, transam said:

Correct, you know nobody yourself, then stop spouting it...........????

And how many people in Thailand Tran Sam know that die coronavirus or pneumonia last two month? 

= 0 

sure. 

ANYBODY TVF member know ANYBODY die coronavirus or pneumonia last two month?

=0 

sure. 

Ps last 3 weeks reading TVF feel like some member WANT thai to have coronavirus problem. 

But look what happen now! 

*graph from https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rate-by-country-2020-3

1E4E00F6-96E1-43E1-AA90-290BF9C573F2.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That things in Thailand are not worse than other countries, in fact much better. 

So?

This thread is about Thais being repatriated from South Korea, and then fleeing quarantine.

Yes, I'll stipulate that things "appear" "better" based on available information.

Just one death, and 48 confirmed cases (as of 6 March) is only a 2% death rate. 2% is better than 3.4%. Gold star for Thailand?

Edited by mtls2005

6 minutes ago, transam said:

1. How do YOU know it is zero..?...You don't, you only know what you read....

2. Don't make assumptions about members wanting Thais to get the virus, makes you look silly.... ????

If not 0, they post already.

Sure.

You know 0 right? Or not?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

So this person should defend a position, not react to cranky posters.

In this case: "It is fine that Thais flee quarantine because..."

Again, many thousands of Thais are savaging the "authorities" for their mis-handling of this repatriation of Thais from Korea on Thai social media. Much worse than anything I've seen here.

I have not read this whole thread but I don't think Yinn supported people not quarantine themselves anywhere. If so please point it out and I will condemn it. 

If other posters can be chunky, why can't Yinn defend herself against such crunkines and  stay on topic? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Yinn says NO pneumonia deaths in LOS, total rollox.....

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

Just because Yinn might not be correct in one fine point it does not disqualify the premise of her position. supported by data published by John Hopkins .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Not correct on one point.....????

NO Pneumonia deaths in Thailand.....????.......What did the 60,000 die from then....

One day you will work her stuff out..

I don't understand

60,000? 

I thought we were talking about the Coronavirus.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

you could always just ask mr. googles to get some background info:

According to the latest WHO data published in 2017 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 60,321 or 12.04% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate is 69.87 per 100,000 of population ranks Thailand #57 in the world.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Well folks if voluntary quarantine is not working you don't need to be Einstein to see what comes next......Mandatory involuntary quarantine.......And not just for the Thais, for everybody from the high risk countries....  

This is exactly where we are headed. 

This would be nothing compared to the number of sex workers that are knowingly working with HIV. I lived with a doctor in a village and the amount of positive people in a small village was astounding, and they were only women who had the mandatory 3 month pregnancy test. 3 women who where positive were having affairs with married men. Really hard to believe anyone here will self quarantine themselves.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Somebody's English is getting better.

Not sure deliberately mispelling someone's handle, or calling them a "liar" is acceptable behavior here?

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I think we need to make allowances for Yinn's English  and appreciate her attempt to communicate with us in our language. She has repeatedly said that she is here to improve her English.   

I am sure her English are much better than both of our Thai. 

How could you be sure my Thai is so bad? And might want to check your own English. "I am sure her English are much better". Just messin with you ????

Sorry Yinn. I couldn't help myself, only meant in fun