British woman barred from flight to Thailand because she had novelty stamp in her passport

webfact

2 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Dear oh dear. The things people do.

i'm a dual Oz-UK citizen and still have my (expired) UK passport, it's tucked away in my sock drawer and since the Brexit vote i've felt a mild sense of shame for even keeping the thing but re-cycling that once-respected document as an album for my theme-park novelty stamp collection? Brilliant! Thanks Tina Sibley.

Now ... where did i leave that Sanrio Puroland brochure? 

I was collecting them during my journey around the world and never faced any troubles. But that happened +30 years ago. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

and a gift shop in the Welsh village of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which is famous for having the world’s longest place name.

Surely, you jest. I live in -

KrungThepMahanakhonAmonRattanakosinMahintharaAyuthayaMahadilokPhopNoppharatRatchathaniBuriromUdomratchaniwetMahasathanAmonPimanAwatanSathitSakkathattiyaWitsanukamPrasit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kelsall said:

My passport contains this statement:

"This passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way. Alteration could make the passport invalid, and if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1543). Only authorized officials of the United States or of foreign countries may place stamps or make notations or additions in this passport."

Don't British passports have something similar?

Yes, but certain countries insist on taking up a page and a half of my passport just to visit for up to 4 weeks!

7 hours ago, Kelsall said:

My passport contains this statement:

"This passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way. Alteration could make the passport invalid, and if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1543). Only authorized officials of the United States or of foreign countries may place stamps or make notations or additions in this passport."

Don't British passports have something similar?

We have a message from the Queen telling everyone to let us in or she will get annoyed 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Dear oh dear. The things people do.

i'm a dual Oz-UK citizen and still have my (expired) UK passport, it's tucked away in my sock drawer and since the Brexit vote i've felt a mild sense of shame for even keeping the thing but re-cycling that once-respected document as an album for my theme-park novelty stamp collection? Brilliant! Thanks Tina Sibley.

Now ... where did i leave that Sanrio Puroland brochure? 

Hold on to it, there may be a further run on toilet paper.