Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

5 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Just had a look off the balcony, everything looks calm. Going for a swim. More reports direct from Thailand to follow. Over and Out

Keep up your posts on this thread, WalkingOrders. They're great ????  Really loved this one; I'm still chuckling.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Creasy said:

I didn’t realise that Thailand was some sort of post apocalyptic Utopia that everybody is So desperate to get to.

Nobody is travelling 

I'm desperate to get there as it's my home. Unfortunately work in the UK means I'm now effectively trapped.

• Like 1

Insurance companies have a clause which state pandemics are not covered under the policy. So when WHO declared the carona virus was a pandemic, the insurance companies were let off the hook for any claims. So how can one get insurance against the carona virus? You can't, plan and simple. So the Thai goverment is shutting the door without saying they are shutting the door.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

i used to have cigna, here in california.  i was scheduled for a knee replacement.  cigna sent me a letter, saying that the facility where the surgery would be done was out of network, but that they would cover it anyway.   so i had the surgery, it went well.  the facility where it was done sent cigna a bill for 36,000 dollars.    cigna said  nope, not gonna pay it.    they simply refused to pay.  i had to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket for the surgeon and the anesthesiologist.   fortunately,  the facility with the 36K bill did not come after me for their money.  they could have done so, legally.    cigna are scumbags, i would not trust them for anything. 

It happen to me 18 years ago, not exactly the same story but pretty close.  You got the letter from Cigna telling they would pay it is really on them.  I believe there is a law now on the books the reason they aren't coming after you since you weren't the only one this was happening to. Personally I would do a free credit report to see if there is a mark against you on the reports. Do what I did and that was when there wasn't even a law, I wrote and filed a complaint to the California Insurance commission they investigated and the result they had the anesthesiologist take the insurance network rate. It was determine if your doctor is in the network like Cigna it is his or her responsibility to make sure downline everything is in the network including hospital.

Once I had Dental plan can't remember the insurance company I needed some work asap, I walked into a office near my home and show them is he in the network and do he take this insurance he said yes, after the work I got a notice from the insurance company he isn't in the network thus the reason the deductible was so high I confronted the doctor basically told him I will only pay in network the deductble if he didn't accept it I would file a complaint with the Insurance commission and the dental board end of story!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

i have flight to Thailand in May, hope this end soon.. otherwise its better to ask local Thai Embassy  before you go. Some news stir up to spread fear.

The breakout started in Wuhan, China last December, was labeled pandemic early March and the Chinese just reported their first new case-free day yesterday. They need another 13 case-free days before anyone will say it is under control... in China. Pretty much a 3 month affair.

Thailand's numbers started to take off just last week. Based on the 3-month yardstick, you will be coming here on the down-slope of Thailand's own Covid-19 fire fight.

I would suggest instead of contacting any embassy, just move your ticket out by a couple of months.

There's quite a lot to be afraid of BTW.

• Like 1

So I've (American) been in Thailand the last 3 months. If I jump on a plane to Cambodia tomorrow (Saturday) and come back to Thailand the same day (before the start of new rules requiring cert/insurance on Sunday), and just get the VOA (and then a 30 day extension in 30 days), then I should make it back in time before all this starts, right? Has anyone staying in Thailand flown to Cambodia and back in the last 48 hours? No requirements, right? One part of me says "Stay put or you'll be locked out!" (and hope they'll lock the borders by the time my visa ends on the 27th. Can't get in trouble if they won't let ya leave), and the other part of me says, "Go now before they clamp down!" and be free to see what happens over the next 60 days and decide what to do next.

Edited by Chicagoan

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

UK so far not even participating in the current EU ban.

"Chancellor says travel bans 'are not going to have material effect' on spread of infections."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/uk-does-not-need-to-copy-us-ban-on-flights-from-eu-says-sunak

"The FCO is not advising UK nationals to immediately return to the UK, but says that people should “keep in mind that flights may be cancelled at short notice or other travel restrictions may be put in place by foreign governments” and to “take account of the fast moving situation and plan accordingly, while flights remain available in many places”.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/mar/19/coronavirus-travel-updates-which-countries-have-restrictions-and-fco-warnings-in-place

"WHO evidence provides some support for short-term measures that might interfere with international traffic at the early containment phase of an outbreak. However, longer-term restrictions are normally not effective once appropriate containment measures are in place."

https://www.icao.int/Security/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx

The truth is that all the outright bans have come much too late.

But governments are trying to look like they are "doing something".

Once a virus is locally transmitted, a flight ban does really little (by itself)...  the doubling rate of a virus like COVID typically is much higher than a random sample of positives arriving on flights.  However, social distancing can reduce the doubling time considerably (it is one of the most effective methods of dealing with it) -- and air petri flights... well they are not conducive to social distancing... especially when many of them are packed like sardine cans. 

22 hours ago, Aachen said:

At your local pharmacy. (A friend just got 50! without asking for it from his helpful pharmacist. He got the better ones.)

I wouldn’t call anyone who hordes a friend ????????

44 minutes ago, Chicagoan said:

So I've (American) been in Thailand the last 3 months. If I jump on a plane to Cambodia tomorrow (Saturday) and come back to Thailand the same day (before the start of new rules requiring cert/insurance on Sunday), and just get the VOA (and then a 30 day extension in 30 days), then I should make it back in time before all this starts, right? Has anyone staying in Thailand flown to Cambodia and back in the last 48 hours? No requirements, right? One part of me says "Stay put or you'll be locked out!" (and hope they'll lock the borders by the time my visa ends on the 27th. Can't get in trouble if they won't let ya leave), and the other part of me says, "Go now before they clamp down!" and be free to see what happens over the next 60 days and decide what to do next.

Looks like your out of luck buddy.

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Cambodia has banned entry of visitors from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the U.S. to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Thai Visa Center (visa agent, no affiliation to this forum) just sent out message via Line that all the Thaiu borders are now closed.

Their info is usually pretty solid.

I made it in just under the wire.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thai Visa Center (visa agent, no affiliation to this forum) just sent out message via Line that all the Thaiu borders are now closed.

Their info is usually pretty solid.

I made it in just under the wire.

They mean all boarders are closed to everyone trying to enter, even for Thai's?

28 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Cambodia has banned entry of visitors from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the U.S. to curb the spread of coronavirus.

What about other countries? What is the situation in PP now ? Are restaurants still open? 
Maybe expats stuck in Thailand would like to jump across the border and stay there for a few months . 

7 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

They mean all boarders are closed to everyone trying to enter, even for Thai's?

Not clear.

Given their line of business their focus would be on visa runners, so might just mean that all borders are closed for visa runs - which might be because either you can't enter the neighboring country or you can't enter Thailand from it or both.

Hard to believe Thai nationals would be denied entry into their own country, ditto citizens of Laos, Mayanmar or Cambodia -- at least not without a big announcement and warning period first.

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

Looks like your out of luck buddy.

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Cambodia has banned entry of visitors from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the U.S. to curb the spread of coronavirus.

I'm not a "visitor" from the U.S., I've been staying in Thailand since January. I want to fly into Cambodia, turn around and return to Thailand. My question is if they'll hassle me to come back in if I return before Sunday? Of course, no one can answer this unless they were at the airport today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex2554 said:

Who is Bangkokjack?

Somebody who took the article from pattayaone that took it from some other news source: https://pattayaone.news/sixteen-day-ban-on-tourists-proposed/ (The tell-tale was when trying to copy the text it nagged it's stolen content ).

For some oddball reason it popped up in the Google results.

4 hours ago, noserious said:

Thailand consider 16-day curfew 

https://bangkokjack.com/2020/03/20/thailand-consider-curfew/

no foreign visitors would be allowed into Thailand

It would be nice to know just what this would entail I'm supposed to do my 90 day report on the 25th my wife has a doctor's appointment on the 24 for her diabetes check 

23 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Ba, Thailand would be no fun now because you would have to avoid markets, bars, entertainment, any food sold out in the open, etc.

It should all be over by June anyways.

I think june also of 2021 .

2 minutes ago, anto said:

I think june also of 2021 .

Pandemics come in waves - for example the Spanish flu came in 3 waves... wave #2 is the one we remember for it's effect.

I expect the same with this one (unless a vaccine comes before the final wave).

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

"No evidence of Coronavirus disease". But no mention of blood test.

Suppose a physician issues a certificate that states "There is no evidence that XX has a Corona virus infection".  Based on symptoms and physical exam only? Wouldn't that be sufficient?

corona-faq-thai-200363-03.jpg

Note the reference to direct testing, not physician examination and being symptom free.. 

I was also sent an austrian one, which is the same, explicitly states that a COVID19 test has been performed and the result is.. Etc.. 

However, it appears the Thai embassy is performing an examination based test for Thai citizens in London, not a test result. 

https://thisrupt.co/current-affairs/a-first-hand-experience-thais-coming-home/?

Health-Certificate-to-enter-Thailand-March-April-2020.png

11 hours ago, Chicagoan said:

"Foreign travellers from the United States, Germany, France, Spain and Italy have been barred entry for 30 days starting from Tuesday, with a ban of the same duration imposed on foreigners from Iran beginning on Wednesday. "

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3075860/coronavirus-cambodia-cases-spike-travellers-countries

Better hurry. I think you have to stay in Cambodia for 1-2 days. You might be better going to the overland border and paying some tea money. Anyways, i think you can get this paper work done in Cambodia done easily enough, get tested at the hospital, find local insurance.

Edited by Don Chance

According to one post -- "No big deal. According to TVF experts, no one wants to come to Thailand anymore anyway. The government should just impose a total ban like many other countries. "

What if you are happily married to a Thai woman or have other ties to this country.  I do not understand the forum members who are always negative on Thailand.  I was lucky to get into Thailand from the USA yesterday without the certificate or testing.  I will stay put for 14 days although I am not sick.  Why do not people understand that this can become very serious.  We need to come together at this point in time.

• Like 1