Pattaya: Dozens of foreigners flouting virus regulations getting drunk in a bar - owners arrested

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Total nonsense, Tesco trolleys, baskets, packaging has had folks mits on...FACT.

Try thinking outside your "booze" and girlie box before you start talking about education... 

Ok, fine. I'm not going to argue any further with you.

But this tells me all I need to know from you. 

Go to the bars, party and drink and touch each other as usual. 

Don't change behavior, it's all the same as in Tesco. No difference.

Good bye Transam.

You guys kill me today with your mindsets.

Edited by RedPill

Risk Mitigation

What's less risk? ... going to Tesco, keep distance to people and wash your hands afterwards

Or going to a bar socializing in Pattaya with punters and a few beer, with all whats around it?

And that difference is not understood?

For only 2-3 weeks, temporary? 

What's the topic of this thread again? Booz box and girls bars in Pattaya, and people still don't care.

I'm already out of that booz box & girl bar, Transam. I'm trying to tell you.

Edited by RedPill

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Then shut Tesco and any other place that folk go too, on difference at all....

The bar was open for business, the same as Tesco................

Tesco provides an essential service, a bar is an entertainment venue and not esstential to life.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Was that the goal of this virus to cause a global depresion?

The goal if that is the correct terminolgy, as it assumes a virus thinks, (which it dose not) is to survive, but can actually kill the host in which it lives. 

Bit like killing the landlord so you can rent free, in the same home>> silly idea.

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What? Is there something seriously wrong with you? What does it matter if they are drunk or not? Do you believe that people get immune against the virus if they are not drunk? Seriously! What a stupid comment.

When I see fellow foreigners behaving this way, I feel the shame they put over all of us. That places would try to keep open anyway was expected, but that fellow foreigners can´t get of grip of the severity is totally unfathomable. Shame on all of you that are doing this, showing disregard and disrespect to your fellow human beings.

This is blatant arrogant ignorant disrespectful behaviour there is no reason for this behavior 

8 minutes ago, Mal Mal said:

This is blatant arrogant ignorant disrespectful behaviour there is no reason for this behavior 

There is even smaller reason for many people to gather in a group and drink beer in a place that was supposed to be closed and risk catching or spreading the virus.

If you look at the numbers of likes and thanks on my post you quoted, your opinion is also strongly outnumbered. That can be a sign of that there is some kind of reason for it anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

There is even smaller reason for many people to gather in a group and drink beer in a place that was supposed to be closed and risk catching or spreading the virus.

If you look at the numbers of likes and thanks on my post you quoted, your opinion is also strongly outnumbered. That can be a sign of that there is some kind of reason for it anyway.

When I read it, I think Mal Mal agreed with you ... it's blatant ignorant and disrespectful ... from the guys who still do it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Tesco provides an essential service, a bar is an entertainment venue and not esstential to life.

Amazing, so simple.

And where can you take more precise care, because you have to do it, and it's essential for life?

I think it's Tesco's.

But others are only arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, RedPill said:

When I read it, I think Mal Mal agreed with you ... it's blatant ignorant and disrespectful ... from the guys who still do it.

Ok, that might be true, when I looked at it again. Thanks! In that case. Sorry @Mal Mal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Amazing, so simple.

And where can you take more precise care, because you have to do it, and it's essential for life?

I think it's Tesco's.

But others are only arguing for the sake of arguing.

That bar is essential to daily life its called relaxation thats not essential?

9 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

The death rate is not 43% - that is a false assumption and wrong.  

2502 deaths from 31506 equates to 7.9%.

But that is also a false assumption - the 31506 are those very sick and tested - most people  get mild symptoms - some none.

China has 3231 deaths from 81116 and that equates to 3.9% - but that is also false assumption for same reasons.

It will only be when they test many people later and sample who has the specific antibodies to then be able to calculate the true infection rate and the true mortality rate.  Right now it is the sick and risky that are being tested - it is too early to state the death rate or infection rate. The indicators, based on past viral infections is that it is highly contagious and that the death rate (entire popluation) will be about 1%.  But no one knows for sure.  

What you are saying is that the death rate from driving on Thailand roads is 43%. You are only measuring those involved in serious accidents and taken to hospital.  The actual death rate is much much lower - but still way too high.

I agree with you statement but people should realize that 1% will be a very large number of deaths. Population* Expected 80% infection rate (China) * 1% mortality. I will give you UK figures 70,000,000*80%*1%=560,000. Get your calculator out and work it out from the confines of your very sensible self lockdown. Also bear in mind the majority of these deaths will be in the 60+ group. They are building temporary morgues in London with public visibility to shock people into safe practice as a large number are still in denial that's why the Tube is in semi lockdown. Coming to a town local to you in the very near future ???? I'm not trying to frighten you for fun this is far more serious than government's can admit without turning the stock market and banks into empty shells. 

The thing is, usually I don't give much about it. Maybe a few discussions here and there, and then I leave it.

But this is different. You are the anonymous guys who might walk around me. I don't know, I don't know you.

What ppl write and think about this situation and what they say ... that very much concerns me, too.

4 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

That bar is essential to daily life its called relaxation thats not essential?

Not in a 2 weeks emergency state ... no, then it's not essential.

Essential is that Thailand doesn't get into a crisis state and you are laying in an emergency bed in Buri Ram Football stadium. 

Only for the moment ... for 2 weeks, show some discipline. Is it that hard to do? With all the news you get out of the US, Europe, around the world?

Edited by RedPill

6 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Next time someone gets the flu in thailand shut it all down. Come on Thailand theirs been worse over the years this is ridiculous. So you have no problem stopping your daily lives for this?

Oh dear

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I sense a little bit of bias in this post. Hmm, might you be from India, perhaps? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

However, what you replied to was why I feel shame. That´s simply because other people doesn´t seem to care. You comparing Europe and the US is irrelevant. If they behave bad and irresponsible in a situation like this, then I will also feel shame for being a part of the same human race.

Is your Chinese component happy with the press it receives on TVF?

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps if you are in ICU you may rethink the neccessity of a bar 

From current experience about 1 in 500 need ICU so there's no need to bandy that implied threat around.

2 hours ago, allen303 said:

Out of curiosity I googled several articles on the Spanish Flu of 1812.  One thing in all the articles is no one knows for sure where it originated. However at least one historian believes that newly discovered records show the outbreak began in 1917 in Shanxi Province, China, and that the flu was spread by Chinese laborers hired to work in France and Britain during World War I. This also would explain why the disease was so well-traveled across the globe. Many of the infected were part of the Chinese Labor Corps who moved through the east coast of North America and Canada on the way to Europe. So, to say Kansas for sure is not fact.

However, we know for a fact where this one came from, so good try on your deflection for the chicons. Don’t you just hate google!

I did NOT say "for sure", which you would know if you bothered to read my post properly, I said "best evidence suggests".

NO I don't hate google, and YES I read up well on the topic and of course there are numerous theories, like the one you quote, which suggest alternative origins -great way to get a grant for the Phd thesis. The theory which started early on and has survived the longest is the Kansas origin one. 

NO it is not a deflection, I just find the tendency of Trump and others to turn this into a nationalistic xenophobic rant rather disgusting, but sadly for him par for the course. His faithful expect nothing else from him.

There have been many epidemics in human history, originating in many different places, they are global tragedies not the basis for a myopic nationalistic blame games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And how do you know if you are infected or not, when you can spread the virus 14 days before you eventually feel any symptoms?

I find it hilarious that you do not understand that every single individual have to contribute. It´s only the individuals that can work together to minimize the spread of the virus before a vaccin is ready to be used on the open market. How do you think the governments can have any chance if the individuals work against them? Do you believe they have a magic wand and everything just goes away?

If you seriously trust any government to control or defeat the virus you are not watching the news.

The Robert Koch institute published a paper in 2012 warning of a coronavirus pandemic and its implications. For eight years the German, the UK, the US, the Italian all governments could have prepared.

They have done nothing.

On 1st December a patient with symptoms was hospitalised in Wuhan. On 30 December it was public knowledge that this virus was underway. Nothing was done by governments outside China.

On 27 January the first German was infected. The German government did nothing. Lufthansa out of themselves decided to cancel flights from China. Meanwhile plenty of flights from China kept arriving in Germany, without being checked.

They did nothing.

Only when it is too late they want to isolate, when the virus is in already, spreading. I mean to even suggest governments have a handle on this or have a chance is misplaced optimism.

The governments have no magic wand, all they have is hard working researchers like those from Curevac, which Trump wanted and failed to buy, who may find a vaccine. So yes, they may produce a magic wand to defeat the virus.

However, you as a single individual can stay at home and self-isolate until you're blue in the face, I can guarantee you that drunk idiots will go out and do whatever they want. So there's no point really.

The best you can hope for is for medical scientists to do what they're supposed to. And forget about governments. They have failed us all.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Stop arguing ... do what you can do yourself, today. That's what it is about and what Mazzo says.

You can't force others to close borders, or stop licking food from the same spoon.

Do what you can do today. At least that. It's that simple. Or better, a good start.

But that is a common sense point of view that I proposed and Mazzon basically said that wasn't enough. Common sense, a logical outlook and consideration for others in times of any crisis. Indeed as you say, you can't force others...which is again what I intimated when giving a personal lifestyle example but Mazzon says you can impose this on others (see post #210).

How many here take the time out to try to understand what we are dealing with? First line of defence is knowing your enemy. Viruses don't function like bacteria and can be a thousand times smaller. Virus mode of reproduction is different and need a host cell for reproduction. Many bacteria are symbiotic and providing they stay in their respective environment, don't cause problems (E. Coli is a good example). On the other hand the majority of viruses cause illness. Their structure is etc etc etc. (no I'm not trying to look expert 'cause I'm not, just to indicate if I can do it so can others). No virus as yet overtaken the influenza virus for its pandemic capabilities and from disease control reports (2017) is the most likely candidate to cause a severe pandemic in any year.  Such reports cite behavioural changes in people can be both positive and negative...this is the point we are considering here, isn't it. Obviously none of us want Covid 19 to become like the influenza virus and the good news is that microbiologists around the world already have Covid 19 under the microscope (literally) and have learned about those protrusions which give rise to its general category, 'corona' (from 'crown or the Sun). Within the past few hours it has been reported that the growing knowledge of how the virus works has accelerated the search for drugs already available. Some of the drugs were talked about on this forum earlier but apparently that list has now been extended.

So 'chin up' as they say help is on the way, Ha!????

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

It's often the case, a burden I have to endure ???? 

Just don't ask Mazzon to pin the 'blue ribbon' on you.  Yeah you made me smile, Ha.

Edited by TKDfella

1 minute ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

Bar closed or open.    it's all down to the size of the brown envelope !!!

You reckon? fear is the new TVF cliche, brown envelopes are so yesterday! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1