Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

51 minutes ago, justin case said:

Embassies from most countries are pretty much useless expect if you need a new passport 

UK embassy don't even do that anymore its contracted out to vfs.

CW is a pain in @rse at the best of times.  I don't why immigration have made this so difficult, all for a big pile of completely useless never to be looked at again paperwork. When I had to do my 90 day the other week(new passport cant do online until leave the country) the queue ticket lady already had the hump and pretty sure all the IO's will be extra happy and helpful over the coming months. I know if I had to work there I would be no ray of sunshine.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, somebody, please... The max fine for overstay is 20,000 baht, is it not? And that includes being put on the blacklist which means you cannot enter Thailand for the next 5 or 10 years? Does it include any kind of jail time or similar restriction of personal freedom? Or do you pay the 20,000 baht fine, get the blacklist stamp in your passport, and fly off to your home country waving goodbye to Thailand for the foreseeable future?

Because you asked! Here is the chart from CW on overstaying 

79FA7BFE-4125-45E0-888C-AFB02067DD9C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, john thom said:

Justin case- I just received that letter in an email. Don't think U.S. embassy is mailing individual letters. Can only hope it flys-

ok, waiting for update if Immigration will allow it

I know my rogue office will demand original, and better, not more than a few days old on top of that + a new letter every time you go extend for 30 more days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ubonjoe thanks to the original poster for starting this thread. 

im inside CW through the lines about twenty persons away from being served. 

I have the letter in hand from original poster and the letter in hand from PST. All thanks to this community. 

let’s see what happens when I get served will update then should be in next hour 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

@ubonjoe thanks to the original poster for starting this thread. 

im inside CW through the lines about twenty persons away from being served. 

I have the letter in hand from original poster and the letter in hand from PST. All thanks to this community. 

let’s see what happens when I get served will update then should be in next hour 

good luck, i have no idea whether the letter i posted will be accepted or not, i just posted it as i thought it may help.

PST

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

This is not the time for fear mongering. Could they come and find you, yes. Is it probable, no. All reports I've read in the past, the people caught had something else going on at the time (criminal offence, or someone with a grudge reporting them).

Lots of people overstay by accident (didn't check their stamp properly etc), immigration doesn't rock up at their hotel and arrest them. They're simply not that organized, and it also denies them of the 500thb/day overstay fees. Once your overstay exceeds 40 days though (hitting the 20k cap on the overstay fee)...

If I was in a high risk category for CV19, heading to a lockup is probably too much of a risk (as is flying, just to a lesser extent).

That's based on your own decision if you can take the risk. All I say that I had made the experience that there is (most of the time) an option to do something else then overstaying. If they really lockdown every district and the situation gets worse, I don't think the will charge you for overstaying by then. Right now they try to come up with something that you don't have to do it. And yes it's not perfect. And it will get for me complicated too. I'm not happy with it. But to think that they will not come and catch you, maybe by accident. I would not take the risk to end up in that cell. Don't be panic.  Stay save.

Thanks for the updates joe “ cannot contact Eva air seems phone lines constantly busy ! Worried about returning to the u.k - originally here on SETV due for renewal next month .... will play it by ear and I’m sure everything will work out in the end ???? thanks for the update 

6 minutes ago, bestie said:

That's based on your own decision if you can take the risk. All I say that I had made the experience that there is (most of the time) an option to do something else then overstaying. If they really lockdown every district and the situation gets worse, I don't think the will charge you for overstaying by then. Right now they try to come up with something that you don't have to do it. And yes it's not perfect. And it will get for me complicated too. I'm not happy with it. But to think that they will not come and catch you, maybe by accident. I would not take the risk to end up in that cell. Don't be panic.  Stay save.

The risk of catching the virus in the overcrowded immigration is definitely higher than being caught on overstay. And the consequences are incomparable too.

At the moment the Thai immigration did NOTHING positive to help us all in this situation. Will they ever do? I

seriously doubt that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

The risk of catching the virus in the overcrowded immigration is definitely higher than being caught on overstay. And the consequences are incomparable too.

At the moment the Thai immigration did NOTHING positive to help us all in this situation. Will they ever do? I

seriously doubt that.

Im wearing my p100 filter mask to i/o, do you think I'll have any problems except people unaware of how contagious it is staring/sniggering?

image.png.62a77a36f3230c81de18973bc577557b.pngimage.png.bb85fe729cab08c27d3d822af640f3c2.png

Edited by richiejom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Thanks for the updates joe “ cannot contact Eva air seems phone lines constantly busy ! Worried about returning to the u.k - originally here on SETV due for renewal next month .... will play it by ear and I’m sure everything will work out in the end ???? thanks for the update 

Yes Eva is constantly busy. The hour long wait for phone contact them made me miss the last flight I could get into Taiwan on March 18 with all the evening flights canceled and the only available one after midnight. They hadn't even been notified of the travel ban-I had to read them the article from an English language Taiwanese newspaper. They called me back after the office closed when I was in the shower. I called back immediately, but the office was closed and then no message, e-mail or additional call from them. I should have just ran to the airport and sorted it out there. I will probably pass on them next time.

4 minutes ago, bestie said:

Do you sell it? ???? 

No I bought 2 from Shopee last week for me and my wife, its the only p100 one I could find... someone else bought one the day after me, he has 2 left... tested it  yesterday, completely fresh air inside:

https://shopee.co.th/3M-หน้ากากพ่นยาฆ่าแมลง-ตลับกรองแก๊ส-3303K-100-หน้ากากไส้กรองเดี่ยว-3200K-แผ่นกรอง-7711-ฝาครอบ-774-i.21741925.252860476

My wife shops on there all the time, I just top up our Airpay wallet app account, you can top up at 7/11 if you cant do it online

Edited by richiejom
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Im wearing my p100 filter mask to i/o, do you think I'll have any problems except people unaware of how contagious it is staring/sniggering?

image.png.62a77a36f3230c81de18973bc577557b.pngimage.png.079ec63fd3e3855b8f7bf9f40809b52c.png

I would think they will make you take it off for photo when you enter(they asked me to do that a week or so ago) and if they need to speak to you and can't understand you they will probably ask you to take it off ... if you want full on protection I have a set of motorcycle goggles and some kraken headphones I can sell you for the right price ???? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richiejom said:

No I bought 2 from Shopee last week for me and my wife, its the only p100 one I could find... someone else bought one the day after me, he has 2 left... tested it  yesterday, completely fresh air inside:

https://shopee.co.th/3M-หน้ากากพ่นยาฆ่าแมลง-ตลับกรองแก๊ส-3303K-100-หน้ากากไส้กรองเดี่ยว-3200K-แผ่นกรอง-7711-ฝาครอบ-774-i.21741925.252860476

My wife shops on there all the time, I just top up our Airpay wallet app account, you can top up at 7/11 if you cant do it online

WoW that's awesome. Thank you so much. I haven't expect that from you. You very kind man.... ???? 

I will take a look at it for sure.

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I would think they will make you take it off for photo when you enter(they asked me to do that a week or so ago) and if they need to speak to you and can't understand you they will probably ask you to take it off ... if you want full on protection I have a set of motorcycle goggles and some kraken headphones I can sell you for the right price ???? 

I have swimming goggles for me and my wife, Im considering wearing those as well..................If they only ask me to take it off for photo and talking thats still a win, as long as I can wear it around the crowds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, richiejom said:

I have swimming goggles for me and my wife, Im considering wearing those as well..................If they only ask me to take it off for photo and talking thats still a win, as long as I can wear it around the crowds

damn ... I thought I was going to make a tidy profit ... I found it not so difficult to avoid the crowds if you are prepared to wait and don't get there at opening time, I just stayed out of the way and checked my queue number every 30 mins 

3 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

Result: DENIED and given seven days extension. ????

came in on visa exempt stamp. And extended one time already. Came with original poster letter and also generic USA embassy from other poster. 

immigration official insisted the letter need my name and that I need to pay the embassy money to crate it. 

I showed her the unavailable appointment slots printed out from USA embassy website. She said it was not her business. I told her I could not get an appointment and and there are no walk ins. Fell on dear ears. 

there was a young American girl with the same letter and email correspondence from embassy (I didn’t have email correspondence) and she was denied too. Perhaps because they seem to have an argument (I could hear them from the sitting area) the young American girl did not get even seven days. 

as I was waiting for my passport and extra seven days an elderly gentlemen also came in with the same letter. 

the immigration officer repeated her story and insisted we all needed this letter. This was in the “K” section the section for visa exempt arrival extensions. 

I saw two other people with the letter get rejected. Not looking good. 

at least seven days puts me past Malaysia lock down? What are my options for visa runs on April 5?

what a headache.  

Which IO did you go to?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UdonRoy said:

Just came out of Udon IO. They said I must have the letter from the British embassy, no it's no buts. 

I was also told to overstay at the cost of 500baht a day until I can produce said letter! 

Trying to contact them via phone and mail but no joy with that. 

So an Immigration Officer advised you to overstay?  I'm not calling you a liar....but it would be unusual that an officer responsible for keeping illegal stayers out of Thailand would actually advise one to do so.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Haha 2