Visa-Exempt-Entry permitted?

Hi guys,

I had one visit with 60 day tourist visa from December last year until beginning of February this year. I stayed for 48 days.

I met a girl who is my girlfriend now and I came back to visit her on a 30 day visa-exempt-entry again after 2 weeks staying at home ( in Europe )

I accidentally had one day overstay but the immigration said no problem coming back to Thailand.

I left two weeks ago.

Now I booked a new flight in two days. Yes I have health insurance covering Covid, yes I have negative Covid-Lab-Test and Health Certificate.

Will I still be able to enter with visa-exempt-entry?

Will I stell be able to extend this by 30 days while being in Thailand?

I read so many different things on different sites online, I am really confused.

Thanks in advance!

• Sad 2

If you are not from Italy, Hong Kong or South Korea you should theoretically be allowed to enter. Depending on from where you come you have to be quarantined for 14 days.

There are quite a few ifs:

Your flight in two days could be cancelled.

Your flight out within 30 days could be cancelled.

Rules are changing every day, maybe in 2 days there is a rule which doesn't allow you to enter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you are not from Italy, Hong Kong or South Korea you should theoretically be allowed to enter. Depending on from where you come you have to be quarantined for 14 days.

There are quite a few ifs:

Your flight in two days could be cancelled.

Your flight out within 30 days could be cancelled.

Rules are changing every day, maybe in 2 days there is a rule which doesn't allow you to enter.

I come from Germany.

Can I still extend my 30 days by another 30 days with my history?

3 minutes ago, Covid19Everywhere said:

Can I still extend my 30 days by another 30 days with my history?

You will get another 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days. There is no limit on the number of extensions you can get other than only one per entry.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will get another 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days. There is no limit on the number of extensions you can get other than only one per entry.

Thanks a lot!

So I can stay 60 days now, can fly out and fly in (if possible in 60 days) and get another 60 days?

Thanks again for the helpful answers, very appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Covid19Everywhere said:

So I can stay 60 days now, can fly out and fly in (if possible in 60 days) and get another 60 days?

That would be possible. But at this time if you were unable to fly out and back to get another 30 days you could apply for another extension under new rules issued due the corvid 19 emergency. See the topic a I posted yesterday.

Just now, Covid19Everywhere said:

It specifically does not exclude it and has unlimitied coverage.

I would email my insurer and try to get something in black and white specifically addressing COVID. Thai authorities are not good at thinking outside the box. 

• Like 2

My insurance explicitly say on their website:

"The Coronavirus or Covid-19 is a disease in terms of the insurance conditions."

I printed out this website and my insurance policy together to show at check-in and if neccesary at thai airport. If they don't understand because it's German, I can pay translator or use Google Translator ???? 

Edited by Covid19Everywhere
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Covid19Everywhere said:

It specifically does not exclude it and has unlimitied coverage.

COVID-19 did not exist when you subscribed to your policy.  Best to visit your insurers website as many now contain information on whether or not it is included.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just for interest, where is your onward flight to. Also for others can you outline what was involved with the medical. Meaning how long did the process take etc.

Back to Germany. 

In Germany we already have special drive-throughs, we get checked in our car and get the result the same day in the evening. You can get tested when you have symptoms or were in contact with an infected person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, banglay said:

There are still  scheduled flights arriving daily from Chinese regional airport into BKK  ..Thai Logic at it's best .... check out BBK arrives yourself you will be amazed to see who is still allowed to fly into Thailand

But who is able board those flights and enter Thailand?

39 minutes ago, banglay said:

There are still  scheduled flights arriving daily from Chinese regional airport into BKK  ..Thai Logic at it's best .... check out BBK arrives yourself you will be amazed to see who is still allowed to fly into Thailand

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures

As a matter of interest, why do you think flights from China should not be landing? China is the only country in the world with the virus 100% under control. People are not leaving hospital to get on planes to come to Thailand, and there is no longer any presence of the virus among the general Chinese population (even in Wuhan).

On 3/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, BritTim said:

As a matter of interest, why do you think flights from China should not be landing? China is the only country in the world with the virus 100% under control. People are not leaving hospital to get on planes to come to Thailand, and there is no longer any presence of the virus among the general Chinese population (even in Wuhan).

After a week of no cases they now have some new ones reported, mostly from Chinese returning to China.

Edited by overherebc