Thais in Pattaya concerned by foreigners not wearing face masks

rooster59

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Been out trying to buy a mask that will help stop a virus with no luck. Only ones available are the near useless paper like or homemade cloth ones.

Yes. I only have those. But I soak it in Alcohol, hand disinfectant or tiger balm. Smells better then!! ????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thais seem to be hiding all the good quality ones, mostly they wear quite good ones, the only ones i can find are the useless ones mainly for show

Try looking at the scores of alternatives online, Ali Express, Shopee, for example, they'll be with you in a few days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elzear said:
26 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

Why not compare masks to condoms?

It's really great going without, but are you really ready to take the risk.

And live with the consequences ??..??..

Indeed.. and may I ask: when do you wear a condom ? When going into a confined space ... Or maybe you also wear one when limp and walking down the street .. 

55555....regarding condom use, I find some spaces more "confined" than others.  And I'm quite experienced in this matter.  Oh nevermind.

3 or 4 weeks ago I had on a mask walking around the shopping mall checking each pharmacy looking for gel and masks. At one store I commented to another farang who was waiting the line it was really hard to find masks these days. He was not wearing a mask and started on about they are largely ineffective and joking how mine didn't fit right and he could see my teeth as I smiled and all the little viruses were creeping in from the sides (in UK accent). I didn't want to get into a confrontation so just told him I wear a mask to keep my hands off my face.  He was quite after that. 

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

exactly 

The danger is that at some point in the future the Thais are going to use "farangs not wearing masks" as blame for the Thai epidemic that so far is generally unseen because they are not testing 10'000 PUI and those Thais infected are now spreading it like wildfire as we are starting to see in news reports

Anutin already blaming the dirty Europeans. 

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Try looking at the scores of alternatives online, Ali Express, Shopee, for example, they'll be with you in a few days.

Read somewhere Thailand post is not processing mail/parcels till Apr 13..... wonder if this includes incoming stuff as well.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

They've said the same thing every month and in every report on the subject... PS - They can't "avoid" any shortages when there have been nothing but shortages ever since the beginning!!!

It would be nice if their ramping actually translated into masks available for sale to the public on a readily available basis, which it hasn't... Instead, few selling locations, long queues and lucky to get a couple drugstore masks per queue-up.

And meanwhile, Thai companies are exporting millions of masks overseas, unhindered by their own government.

sounds like NY

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There is no single approach for this, it has to be a combination

Community education

Hand Hygiene

Cough, spit, sneeze hygiene

High levels of Testing 

Social Distancing

Social Isolation

Masks can be part of that, but they must be used correctly.

Yes they can be...as long as they aren't made mandatory.

Too many knee jerk decisions are made here, without considering the practicalities or consequences.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Read somewhere Thailand post is not processing mail/parcels till Apr 13..... wonder if this includes incoming stuff as well.

It's not true, the postman comes to my place every day, as usual, I had a Shopee delivery a couple of days ago also.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I ordered some on Ali 3 weeks ago and paid extra for shipping upgrade but they still didn't arrive.
On Shopee they only have those cloth face masks and Lazada have nothing.
https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=face masks&locations=-1&page=0
https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=face+masks&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.4cf23795DvRfX5

Edited by monkfish

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

we all make our own choices based on what is in front of us 

You will never agree to anything I say on here - glad to see you have stopped your obsessive stalking of my posts - that really was "just weird"

I've never stalked anyone on here, obsessively, or otherwise and if you think that my responding to your obsessive comments on a public forum is stalking, you know where the "report button" is, but just be careful of inaccurate complaints.

3 minutes ago, monkfish said:
23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I ordered some on Ali 3 weeks ago and paid extra for shipping upgrade but they still didn't arrive.
On Shopee they only have those cloth face masks and Lazada have nothing.
https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=face masks&locations=-1&page=0
https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=face+masks&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.4cf23795DvRfX5

If you use the search system properly Shopee has lots of choice and you have to check with different sellers on their delivery times and choose local suppliers for the quickest delivery, obviously.  I've had a Shopee delivery of masks in the last few days and if you're being so particular about the type of masks that you want perhaps you should just stay home instead of complaining about availability.

14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

If you use the search system properly Shopee has lots of choice and you have to check with different sellers on their delivery times and choose local suppliers for the quickest delivery, obviously.  I've had a Shopee delivery of masks in the last few days and if you're being so particular about the type of masks that you want perhaps you should just stay home instead of complaining about availability.

Can you give a link to the seller you purchased from because when I search for domestic there's none.
Or post a link with the search results you get.
Yea I didn't think so.

Edited by monkfish