Military trucks & ambulance parked by Kata Dome

sallecc

Tonight I was passing by Grand Kata VIP condotel (now closed, like all other hotels), and saw 2 military trucks and 1 military ambulance vehicle parked by Kata Dome center (near Kata night market, next to Red Snapper restaurant)... Anybody saw something in local news?

Not sure what's odd about it, the military is going to be assisting the police in all manners of fight against the virus, I saw a guy I thought was police today, had slightly lighter brown uniform, once he got in 7/11, it said military on his back...!

Tonight they closed all sub-districts of Phuket,  the plan is to go door-to-door and chase the bogeyman, no idea where they get these ideas from, they said they will do all this in the next 14 days which is this lockdown period. As I mentioned before, next will be lockdown on your street, your house,  then you are bolted in your room...!

On the other hand they explain many people have no symptoms for many days  and may never develop a symptom at all...! Then from what I heard from a friend their door-to-door operation involves knocking on the door and checking your ID, then check your temperature... !?!? What do you achieve by that...? I bet military/police loves that, I hope at least they catch a few criminals, I doubt they eradicate corona this way though...

Specially if they announce all clear after their useless temperature check and let everyone loose after this period... !

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Agusts said:

Not sure what's odd about it, the military is going to be assisting the police in all manners of fight against the virus, I saw a guy I thought was police today, had slightly lighter brown uniform, once he got in 7/11, it said military on his back...!

Tonight they closed all sub-districts of Phuket,  the plan is to go door-to-door and chase the bogeyman, no idea where they get these ideas from, they said they will do all this in the next 14 days which is this lockdown period. As I mentioned before, next will be lockdown on your street, your house,  then you are bolted in your room...!

On the other hand they explain many people have no symptoms for many days  and may never develop a symptom at all...! Then from what I heard from a friend their door-to-door operation involves knocking on the door and checking your ID, then check your temperature... !?!? What do you achieve by that...? I bet military/police loves that, I hope at least they catch a few criminals, I doubt they eradicate corona this way though...

Specially if they announce all clear after their useless temperature check and let everyone loose after this period... !

WRONG- lockdown is from 13 April.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

WRONG- lockdown is from 13 April.

Sorry, you are right, last night they announced that they will be lockdown on rest of Phuket sub-districts from Monday 13, however, many are already under lockdown, like Patong,  Karon,  Kata , Rawai etc. - well, mainly all farang areas now, but they realised Thais can also catch and transmit this virus too... !!!! ????

6 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Sorry, you are right, last night they announced that they will be lockdown on rest of Phuket sub-districts from Monday 13, however, many are already under lockdown, like Patong,  Karon,  Kata , Rawai etc. - well, mainly all farang areas now, but they realised Thais can also catch and transmit this virus too... !!!! ????

Wrong again. Kata/Karon starts Monday 13th. Think same for Rawai and Chalong.

Patong started 7th April, 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Wrong again. Kata/Karon starts Monday 13th. Think same for Rawai and Chalong.

Patong started 7th April, 

Sorry, wrong. Road between Kata and Rawai is blocked for a few days already.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, wrong. Road between Kata and Rawai is blocked for a few days already.

Is it already blocked, or just checkpoint at the moment (and full blockade on 13th) ?

How is the situation between Kata and Chalong, anybody passed by?

7 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Is it already blocked, or just checkpoint at the moment (and full blockade on 13th) ?

How is the situation between Kata and Chalong, anybody passed by?

As I said "Road between Kata and Rawai is blocked for a few days already. ".

• Like 1

Patong first but after Rawai, Kata and Karon sub-district have already been under lockdown last few days, it was announced by the governor on various news sites in Thai and English. I can't post link here, but check PhuketNews web or Phuket NewsHawk FB and you can find the actual order...(actually there is thread on this forum with all the info).

Patong started on Sunday 5 Apr, until 6pm could get out but not in, 6 Apr both directions  (I know that first hand by experience).

Edited by Agusts

55 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Which road ? There are two from Rawai to Kata...

IMO there is one road between Kata and Rawai, following the coast, and one between Kata and Chalong, the one coming from Chalong circle. So I was referring to the coastal road, been blocked for a few days now. But people have been able to hand me the things I needed, so the coffee machine that was in the shop is now at home in Rawai :). AFAIK also the road between Chalong and Kata has been blocked at around the same time. I did not check myself, but my staff told me they were unable to go to Chalong.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

About the road between Chalong and Kata: Yesterday I drove from Chalong direction to Kata. When arriving to the tambon border to Katat there was a big banner saying STOP and saying it is locked down bla bla. However this banner was not blocking the road itself and some vehicles were indeed circulating. I turned back so I am not sure if further on the road there were any controls or  effective closures. But some vehicles were circulating in both directions.

Strict checkpoints on kata hill heading to Chalong and the viewpoint heading to Rawai for 4 days now, unless you have a valid reason to cross then you can't. The complete blocks will start 13th.

• Like 1