Full Face Helmets and Masks.

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Is this a <deleted> take?

Who are you going to near to infecting when you're on a bike with a full face helmet? are you worried about the helmet getting CV-19?

No traffic lights in your area, no mad scramble to be away first....?    ????

• Like 1

I see many Thai people , with helmets or not, who wear a mask when riding a motobike ; you think they can be infected at 60 km/h or at traffic lights ?; you think it's useful or not, because I have a full helmet and normally I don't take my mask ( only when I walk ) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

you think they can be infected at 60 km/h or at traffic lights ?

Yes you can.

Tests have proven a person  infected can project droplets for a distance of 26 feet which can linger in the air for several minutes as the particles are virtually weightless.

Therefore a person in front of you even at 60Km/h can leave particles of droplets in the air that you will then pass through.

I always wear a mask beneath a helmet with visor down. I also wear glasses and the only downside is condensation on the glasses when stopped waiting, which clears as soon as I'm moving again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well where is the filter. 

The visor and helmet will block any spray from sneezes and coughs. Where's the filter in those cotton and fashion masks? droplets can get on the mask, face, hair and then are touched, people probably touch their hair as much as their face

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The visor and helmet will block any spray from sneezes and coughs. Where's the filter in those cotton and fashion masks? droplets can get on the mask, face, hair and then are touched, people probably touch their hair as much as their face

Debatable except those without hair. ????

My full face helmet has outside air inlets I expect they are somewhat protection what I am trying to say to fralangies is set an example it's not that hard to be less arogrant.

I often wear the "heat out" cooling style Balaclavas under my helmet. They help you stay cool and stop your helmet getting too sweat soaked. I think one of those under a full face helmet is probably as good as a mask. 

image.png.c65b425bbf443d7a231fea8aec368572.png

you can also get masks specifically designed for helmets.

image.png.8cdbb28c8bb6f072a7e1f4163e9fbebb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wearing a paper (or cloth) mask under a helmet is tricky but I find it not that hard after practising a couple times. 

Normally, when the front of the mask and the visor are down, I'll have the mask under the chin as well. When I lift the front, I'll lift the mask. If I'm just lifting the visor (like at an intersection) then I won't bother as I'll be closing it again in a few seconds.

The chances of any infected droplets reaching me are so minuscule that I probably have a better chance of being abducted by aliens (again) !

Note: the last time I was abducted by "aliens" - they were fellow foreigners (often referred to as "aliens" by the Thai authorities) and by abducted I meant dragged into a seedy establishment and forced to watch naked women dance on stage.

• Haha 1