How long until the Pubs open again?

WineOh

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Around here mrs been told 10 days to discourage and stop anyone doing Song Gran water stuff, pretty silly really everyone knows where to get it if want it. 

...........pretty silly really everyone knows where to get it if they want it.   Yea but what about booze ?

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Never! ????

Not wishing to cause you undue upset, Mr liverpool fan.

It must be pretty galling to have played so well, with that elusive premier league title within a few points of achieving...........

Now this, and maybe having the rug pulled from under your feet.

Not a Liverpool fan, but if you dont reach that goal, someone up there seriously dislikes L.F.C.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think restaurants with no booze May 1.  Distance rules.

Bars June 1.

Do you have any specific reasoning for your forecasts? Do you believe the virus situation will be suddenly overcome and social distancing will then quickly be gone?

Please share. And please wash your hands for 20 seconds and often.

Edited by scorecard

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are you here to tell him he's an alcoholic??

I don't think stock-piling is the sign of an alcoholic.  Doesn't everyone have enough crates set by for the nuclear winter, or whatever comes our way?  Cans and ammunition.  And toilet roll.  And beans, to get the best use out of the toilet roll.  And a tin opener...

End of month in certain areas I would say. Surrathanni was going to lift the ban on 15th but extended it till 30th.

Any longer and people will start getting rowdy due to no income , isolation ,having to pay crazy rents for business that’s shut etc. 

I think concerning pubs bars restaurants  ect  would be looking at just before the high tourist season  opens if there is one this year

Proberly open in  about 4-6 months but just my thoughts 

No doubt my first  guess would be the Chinese who will be welcomed with open arms 

19 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I'm not. 

I like walking to a final destination (that being the pub).

Kinda like a reward for walking a long way.

Not the same when there is not an ice cold pint at the end of it.

The calories from the pint are most likely more that you'll have used walking there.

19 hours ago, Joe2050 said:

Don't dream guys, they won't reopen before several months. Personally I hope for August ????.

Another question is how many will reopen? 25%, 50%?

My guess is August at the very earliest.  

26 minutes ago, eggers said:

Think some may open again, but Gov't likely to extend closure???? Doubt some businesses will not re-open at all !! 

and that's going to be a problem world wide .... I expect at least 50% of businesses will not open again, and they will mostly be the small - medium business owners. 

This will put hundreds of millions of people out of any long term job prospects and it will continue to affect every economy for years .... It will never be the same again as the population growth is much larger now than say 30-40 yrs ago, and as such there are just not that many jobs to go around. imo

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The original lockdown was supposed to last until April 12th. Everyone seems ti have forgotten that and with the daily scramble to get into the newspapers Prayut and the governors are making daily announcements of further restrictions that make little if any sense. A curfew in the middle of the night for example.....how does this stop corona spreading? A ban on alcohol sales....how does this stop people drinking? The place has gone insane and the inmates are running the asylum.

Never waste a crisis, good time to bring in unpopular restrictions, then take a loooong time to retract them, in the name of >>>>>>>

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I'm not. 

I like walking to a final destination (that being the pub).

Kinda like a reward for walking a long way.

Not the same when there is not an ice cold pint at the end of it.

You could always carry a cold beer in a flask to drink when you reach the pub. And when you get home after an equally healthy walk back you could reward yourself with one from the fridge too. That's if your province still sells beer, of course.......

20 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Very few pubs here.

I'd reckon they wont open until they are allowed... most likely june 1st. I think they will be the very last place to open, as people will be too close to each other. Also pool tables etc . People touch with their hands, and last but not least the gov dont want to see people drinking too much and or possibly driving.

19 hours ago, VBF said:

I agree......I've seen conjecture that many will be taken over by big investment groups who will still have funds.

That would NOT be desirable - here in UK we've lost many of the old independent pubs which are now owned by breweries or turned into fancy restaurants.

Not good

Afraid pubs are becoming a relic.     Sad

• Thanks 1