660,000 COVID-19 “high-risk” people under watch of health volunteers

webfact

660,000 COVID-19 “high-risk” people under watch of health volunteers

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM75F7fIiZeuiNiyHIJRSLyQVr

Over the past two months, health volunteers have visited more than 11.8 million households around Thailand and have identified about 660,000 people who are thought to be at high-risk of contracting and/or spreading COVID-19 for monitoring.

Dr. Tharet Krasnairawiwong, director-general of the Health Service Support Department, said today that this group of people includes 59,178 returning from abroad, 463,756 arriving in the provinces from Bangkok and those linked to the boxing stadium and entertainment venue clusters.

The role of the health volunteers is to advise these people to comply strictly with the advice to stay at home and practice social distancing. On the resort island of Phuket, health workers have screened over 3,000 people, since the launch of the active search measure last week to look for new coronavirus infections by targeting areas where infections have already occurred, or where there is a high concentration of workers in the night entertainment business.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/660000-covid-19-high-risk-people-under-watch-of-health-volunteers/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-04-13

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I find this information a bit strange as two months ago life was pretty normal and as usual for everyone so why would anyone waste time and resources going around checking things to try to identify infected people, doesn't make sense...

Two months ago life was pretty normal, not now ! 

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am always amazed at the function of so many "volunteers" in Thailand from emergency response teams to policing, and so many other functions in between, now health monitoring. Wonder what training they receive, and why are these people volunteers rather than salaried?

Similar with firefighters in Oz during recent events.Widely acknowledged volunteers( unpaid )were largely responsible for saving lives and property. A large proportion tho were well trained

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Similar with firefighters in Oz during recent events.Widely acknowledged volunteers( unpaid )were largely responsible for saving lives and property. A large proportion tho were well trained

Oz also has paid RFS members and a fulltime professional brigades.

Thailand has police volunteers/ ambulance/ fire and health volunteers in frontline service

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Some towns (my friend lives in Tat Phanom) are requiring health certificates before you are allowed to venture out of your home. A volunteer will accompany you to the clinic, and after you get cert you can then go out to Tesco or whereever. Crazy stuff. Being watched like lab rats...I'm not sure if it's because he is identified as foreigner but he needs to show passport stamps on demand to prove he has been here and not traveled recently. I know his wife also needed cert but maybe because identified as living in same house as foreigner.

The requirement is for all people or only dirty farangs?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oz also has paid RFS members and a fulltime professional brigades.

Thailand has police volunteers/ ambulance/ fire and health volunteers in frontline service

Exactly and normally those paid professionals would be leading the volunteers through their tasks.Another example surf clubs .Its not rocket science that in times of crisis folk pitch in and say “how can I help” 

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You are not understanding the question, I too volunteer for services in areas of my knowledge and training, and fully understand that,

The question is around the sheer numbers and the role and the training for health monitors, ambulance personel and police volunteers.  

So your worried that there are too many helping out who are not as well trained as they should be! Any real evidence of that?

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I live in a small village in Isaan, the healthcare volunteers, around 8 of them, do an excellent job. They have monitored the returnees, myself included, twice a day during the 14 day self-isolation period. They have made cloth masks, distributed hand sanitiser and offered advice and support.

A checkpoint was ordered by the Tambon Admin, this is staffed by healthcare volunteers 24/7.

Without the volunteer network in my opinion things would be a lot worse.

Credit where credit is due!

Well done.

You're just not as bad as you make yourself out to be then are you maybe you should change your avatar to BigGoodHeartedGeordie.???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am always amazed at the function of so many "volunteers" in Thailand from emergency response teams to policing, and so many other functions in between, now health monitoring. Wonder what training they receive, and why are these people volunteers rather than salaried?

Maybe there are many people in Thailand that actually do a sense of community responsibility.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

what's in it for these volunteers?

they can't be doing it out of good will

They're in it for the money obviously.In the world of social grooming face is a valued commodity a currency if you will,money is a human concept existing only in the minds of humans and takes different and multiple forms in different cultures so if you cause some a loss of face it's like stealing their wallet and so with face being so valuable these greedy people try and collect as much of it as they can get by any means possible including stooping so low as helping others in need and volunteering their services.Don't forget to put the sarcasm filter on for this drivel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

Ok  Ill  start.......yeah they arrived at my gate, pointed a  temp gun at my  staff and said  pass, all done  in full  sun at a bout 11am  in the morning, none  of the testers were a metre  apart two were on one  bike the third  on another, why it  takes THREE  people? when asked  about  farang they said leave me, not that I would  have obliged anyway, they also never  asked  about my Wife who arrived from BKK.

Hope  that  excites you

No, nothing you post excites me. I understand why they said to leave you. People in the area probably already have the knowledge of your way at looking at them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1