Assange fathered two children while holed up in embassy, lawyer says

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The mother obviously didn’t think about the future prospects of the father, though he himself almost certainly did.

Next legal plea, ‘Father of British born (anchor) children’.

No, they were Ecuadorian born children

• Confused 5

42 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Good to see this great man could have some sort of a life while being unjustly forced into reclusion. We definitely need more like him.

Well it rather seems that you may, in due course, have a couple more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

From the original post (third paragraph):
"Both of the children are British citizens, it said. "

According to whom? Which of the parents has British citizenship? as Far as I'm aware he's Australian, she's South African. 

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

According to whom? Which of the parents has British citizenship? as Far as I'm aware he's Australian, she's South African. 

Not sure how the UK works, but in many countries (like Canada for example) if a child is born in the country, it automatically qualifies for citizenship even if neither parent is a citizen.
In some places it is called "birth tourism" where a pregnant couple (or just her) travels to a select country as a tourist and then births a child in that country.

As the child is automatically a citizen, the parent(s) can apply for citizenship, usually without having to jump through all the normal hoops anyone else would have to.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Guessing the mom has PR or they call it "settled status", if so the kids can automatically get citizenship.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Not sure how the UK works, but in many countries (like Canada for example) if a child is born in the country, it automatically qualifies for citizenship even if neither parent is a citizen.

As is the case in America but very few others as far as I'm aware.