Wissanu denies government 'begging' for money by reaching out to tycoons

rooster59

29 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Yinn, you appear to know all the answers? Please explain as to why Thailand needs to rely on donations from any person to support the poor when the country allegedly has over $219Bn in Forex reserves alone?  Why don’t they just use this?

887FEBC1-8A80-4029-B0FE-CA245EE99B5E.jpeg

Land of accountancy errors there looks to be a misplaced "n" there is only $220 left after the usual disbursements by the sound of it ????

35 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Yinn, you appear to know all the answers? Please explain as to why Thailand needs to rely on donations from any person to support the poor when the country allegedly has over $219Bn in Forex reserves alone?  Why don’t they just use this?

887FEBC1-8A80-4029-B0FE-CA245EE99B5E.jpeg

I research some.

*maybe I misunderstand *

i think.... because year 2540 Thailand had economy problem. So, make it not happen again, thailand save the foreign money. 

If baht go low, we can use the foreign money. 

Also, this covid is temporary problem (But big problem, sure) 

We not want to sell the house, to eat today, because will have no house tomorrow. 

I see western countrys give the worker the wage not to work now. Government money = taxpayer money. Is not free money.

Borrow to give it, who will pay back? The taxpayer*+ interst right? 

IMO, I not want that, IMO just be sticky with money now =not have credit problem later. 

Thailand have lot of food. Nobody will starving. House, car, business loan can rest 3-6 months. Bank agree already for some people. 

My family already donation food to help. 

IMO the billionaire will help. Is Thai culture. But they not want to give to Prayut, do themself is better way.

Many do it already. Want to help the people, not want to help Prayut.

ps I know western culture will disagree with Yinn about this topic. I know my opinion some member say I wrong, want argue.

My opinion, up to me, your opinion, up to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

They need their loyalty, why do you think they made the bonus in the first place?

maybe millions are now starving and have no work and it seems the government is unwilling to support them or businesses that are about to go under or already have 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'little P, goes cap in hand'

Given the circumstances that have caused this, he must be like a Yorkshire version of Batman then - the 'capped' crusader.

More like "Robin".............????....................Holy Tintinnabulation!!!

2 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Why not just give all honest ( no criminal record) ex pats the opportunity to buy Thai citizenship thereby removing all visa requirements, gaining a passport and having the same rights as Thais, with just one proviso Doing anything that gains you a criminal record in Thailand will result in removal of all rights and deportation.

It has got to be worth 1.5 to 2 million each for peace of mind for expats and a large pot of money for the government that does not have to be paid back 

Sounds good to me

5 hours ago, Worldplus said:

Perhaps the pm should do 100 laps of his garden like the UK 99 yr old soilder did..

He has raised over 25 mill..

I wonder how much Prayut would get?

convert that £25m to baht......

53 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Poor education, poor as church mice, looked after by a God and propagandized by the CIA. What could possibly go wrong?

Agree with everything else..but don't know where the CIA comes in except they might have had some

"black sites" in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Joeythai said:

No need to beg from the richest, just install an emergency tax and take!!!

They can't, the people they would be taxing are the supporters (the only supporters) of pre-coup Prayuth. He has to be extra polite, and grovel extra-deep and extra-long, though I suspect he'll get his marching orders soon anyway. Did you not see the pictures of Prayuth and Thailand's richest few in the papers a few weeks back? That was him seeking agreement-in-principle. But there will be a price to be paid. There always is. Nothing is for free, even if it isn't legal.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

99% Thai people NOT get money from farang.

Forgetting the millions of Thais who work in farang factories ... in Rayong or Bangkok or Ayuttaya or ... in many places in Thailand
Sex workers are nothing compared to these multinationals.

10 hours ago, Youlike said:

That clown wouldn't even pay tax, why would he donate?

He might do it publicly and then rub their noses and their loss of face in it.

Both Thaksin and Yingluck could do it and publish it on the social madia which would then be classed as fake news by the government.

IMHO he won't get a letter because Prayuth and the government wouldn't be able to srand the loss of "face".

I think that he should do it and announce that he would like the donation to be public and the money to be spent in Issan.

Just think of the fun Thaksin and Yingluck could have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Why not just give all honest ( no criminal record) ex pats the opportunity to buy Thai citizenship thereby removing all visa requirements, gaining a passport and having the same rights as Thais, with just one proviso Doing anything that gains you a criminal record in Thailand will result in removal of all rights and deportation.

It has got to be worth 1.5 to 2 million each for peace of mind for expats and a large pot of money for the government that does not have to be paid back 

Because they don't want us here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

All these Generals retired or not retired are wealthy and collectively if they gave could be tons of Baht.. The nerve of asking the top 20. Yes it is begging. Just say 2500 generals retired and active give 10,000,000 baht each = 62,500,000,000,000 baht. I don't think there is one general out there that cannot easily afford to give the money.

The nerve of P!

You may want to check your math. 

• Haha 1

So all the tycoons and other rich guys has complained about how much they lose.  Now government is going to borrow money and give back with for sure a very high interest rate. That's how you keep your friends happy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Almer said:

How about all expats buy government bonds with a guaranteed return and these bonds can be used to extend Retirement/ marriage visa ?

How about you leave expats out of the equation and let Thailand bail themselves out of the mire.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Almer said:

How about all expats buy government bonds with a guaranteed return and these bonds can be used to extend Retirement/ marriage visa ?

The LOS gov isn't the slightest bit interested in farangland stuff, except when they need something done they cannot do...

Guaranteed Bonds..................????..................Let's wait until ALL the gov offices around the country ALL follow the same procedures with everything first..............????

Anyhoooo, your idea would  leave those with little dosh, me, at a disadvantage.....Any changes should involve us all.......All for one, one for all.....???? 

musk.jpg.44d149f43996a08e7f02d0aa8618c444.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 7:17 AM, colinneil said:

This is very confusing, little P, goes cap in hand to the 20 rich tycoons, then Wissanu says its not begging.

HELLO Wissanu if that is not begging, what is?

you tell me ohhh wiseone......us northerners know what it is

• Haha 1