13 foreigners arrested at pool party in Pattaya

rooster59

4 hours ago, SEtonal said:

Can you provide a link where it said 4,000 or 40,000?

40,000 baht fine or 2 years in jail or both was original statement when curfew was announced. We even have a photo of the 40,000 baht fine being issued in Bangkok.

Below 40,000 baht is mentioned again in another post in bolded sub-header (can't bother to look for the original one because of all these annoying VDO.AI videos popping up all over the screen, so go and find original curfew announcement yourself):

In last paragraph of the post below it states 4,000.

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

There is no mention of them drinking alcohol so are just sitting around talking and they all seem to be wearing face masks .  So if they are social distancing i dont see the problem especially when you see what Thai do at the mention of free money and or food .

While I don't condone what they were doing, it may have been an innocent off-street private get-together

and I agree with what you say regarding the recently seen street hand-out debacle...

But we all know and fully understand the 2-tier system in Thailand, you have to obey the side of the fence you belong in.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Just another bunch of morons. Really hope they get 2 year and 100 000 baht fine. There is just no more excuses. Everybody knows this now.

You forgot your usual, "deported after 50 lashes"........????

• Haha 1

Please, lets consider that these people live in this resort, therefore it's their temporary home, how many people have more than two people in a "Thai" room at a time? This is harassment! These tourists will never return! All so some MIB get 30 seconds of publicity! I'm glad I have as little as possible to do with the pui yai's!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

While I don't condone what they were doing, it may have been an innocent off-street private get-together

and I agree with what you say regarding the recently seen street hand-out debacle...

But we all know and fully understand the 2-tier system in Thailand, you have to obey the side of the fence you belong in.

Innocent?

Deliberately breaking the law and being caught does not imply any innocence. I believe the word you are looking for is illegal.

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

You are right. This is a giant conspiracy to lock up foreigners. Must have been dreamed up by the 1% globalist elites in order to control the sheeple. And I'm sure Big Pharma is in on it also. Also, covid 19 is not real, but just hype by Big Media.

you have it all well nailed down in your little world - up to you  

• Haha 1

By the way, apparently, the one can borrow alcohol. Only the sale of alcohol is prohibited. Borrowing isn't.

See the attached photo. The sign on the fridge explains that the one can borrow it!

1587292333363.jpg

Edited by garrya
  • Like 2

Saw three Thais about 6:30 this morning, one of them a motorbike taxi driver, sitting on a bench outside a shop on Sukhumvit. They were drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, not a mask on one of them. Hmmmm . . .

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, they stated Thais also.

But, it sure seems like foreigners are consistently stupid enough to get caught.

Certainly seems people(grassers)  are more willing to drop the dime on farang.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Again some foreigners make all the rest of us look bad in the locals eyes.

While majority of us obey with current strict restrictions, some still can't help themselves.

The Ban on alcohol and group gathering is well known by all now. No excuses.

Throw the book at them, let them pay, either hefty fine or jail. No excuses.

Why not jail them forever or more....

A good book to read at the moment

The challenges facing humanity as the digital future poses, the first detailed examination of the unparalleled form of power called "surveillance capitalism", and the power enterprise's quest to predict and control our behavior.
In this masterpiece of original thinking and research, Shoshana Zuboff provides startling insights into the phenomenon she has called surveillance capitalism. The effort cannot be higher: a global architecture for behavior modification threatens human nature in the twenty-first century, just as industrial capitalism disfigured the natural world in the twentieth.
Zuboff brings to life the consequences when surveillance capitalism goes from Silicon Valley to all economic sectors. Great wealth and power are gathered in ominously new "behavioral future markets", where predictions of our behavior are bought and sold, and the production of goods and services is subordinate to a new "means of behavior modification."
The threat has shifted from a totalitarian Big Brother state to a ubiquitous digital architecture: a "Big Other" operating in the interest of surveillance capital. Here, the crucible of a unique form of power is characterized by extreme concentrations of knowledge and free from democratic oversight. Zuboff's comprehensive and moving analysis only adds to the threats to the 21st century in society: a controlled "hive" of total connection that seduces with promises of total security for maximum profit - at the expense of democracy, freedom and our human future.
With little opposition from law or society, surveillance capitalism is on the verge of dominating the social order and shaping the digital future - if we allow it.

the-age-of-surveillance-capitalism.jpg

Edited by Bangkokazy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

There is no mention of them drinking alcohol so are just sitting around talking and they all seem to be wearing face masks .  So if they are social distancing i dont see the problem especially when you see what Thai do at the mention of free money and or food .

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

I am sure that if indeed they were consuming alcohol there would have been incriminating photos supplied and also the arrest of the proprietor who supplied the alcohol   

Why are you trying to justify their actions?  What part of a ban on gatherings do you not understand?

• Thanks 1

I don't know why so many want to punish them, jail them, even kill them. If all you're saying is correct than by being there around the pool near others, and possibly even drinking alcohol, they are doomed already. Better not put them in jail and infect the others there.

Or is it simple jealousy, which makes you hate them, that they get a fresh beer among friends, and you don't?

52 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I don't know why so many want to punish them, jail them, even kill them. If all you're saying is correct than by being there around the pool near others, and possibly even drinking alcohol, they are doomed already. Better not put them in jail and infect the others there.

Or is it simple jealousy, which makes you hate them, that they get a fresh beer among friends, and you don't?

Ok, I bite ...

I have never heard anyone on this forum saying anything against a pool party with beer (or even chicks, happened a lot before in Thailand) over many years. No one has anything against it. 

Never, only until 2-3 weeks ago. Especially, since Thailand 'officially' went into a state of emergency, by law. Just as a side note.

... and there are new rules in play, fines, jail threats etc.

That's not jealousy ... just keeping up a little bit with the current changes and news happening to Pattaya recently, something minor, like a "LOCKDOWN" of the city, you know. 

Other than that ... party on!

Edited by RedPill

4 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

As the longer this while thing drags out, the more it impacts people in situations of poverty. If their actions merely delayed pool parties for the rest of us, in the event of an outbreak, it wouldn't be such a big deal. There's more at stake though.

Agreed they're not the only ones guilty of it, they're just the ones that got caught. That's the gamble you take.

9 hours ago, J Town said:

Saw three Thais about 6:30 this morning, one of them a motorbike taxi driver, sitting on a bench outside a shop on Sukhumvit. They were drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, not a mask on one of them. Hmmmm . . .

In fairness, you should have been self isolating watching re-runs of the Dick Emery show. 

4 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

In fairness, you should have been self isolating watching re-runs of the Dick Emery show. 

I was making my weekly run to Makro. I've kinda grown fond of food, in my mind it's essential.