Give Bt5,000 to everyone: Thai Labour Party

webfact

800_435d951a2b7a0f8.jpg?v=1587357699

More than 20 Thai Labour Party members gathered in front of the Finance Ministry, demanding that the government extend the Bt5,000 handouts to everyone.

The members said they came to “claim their right” to receive Bt5,000, asking the ministry to pay the money equally to all people.

They wanted all citizens aged 20 to have the same right to claim the amount regardless of their occupation by showing only their ID card without having to register and requiring the government to hand out the money through bank accounts. They asked that the process be completed in 30 days.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386398

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-20

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

They wanted all citizens aged 20 to have the same right to claim the amount regardless of their occupation by showing only their ID card

What a sensible idea !   no need for  online  registration that crash and  then refuse  because the family head is a"farmer"   just give out the money  how much simpler could it get ?

• Like 2

Give to those who need it. It's not rocket science is it. However you can virtually guarantee some unscrupulous person is already working out how they can skim off the top. It's a dire situation all round both morally physically. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My former Thai wife tried for the 5k .......... refused because she still had a foreigner last name.

Was that the official reason given to her? 

• Thanks 1

Why should a multi billionaire receive the same as poor old Somchai that sharpens knifes....we all know who the honest hard working tax payers that have been hit the hardest are....that's where it needs to go the most.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My former Thai wife tried for the 5k .......... refused because she still had a foreigner last name.

A touch xenophobic wouldn't you say? What impact should a marriage certificate have against a Thai ID?

My wife was prevented from changing her daughter's surname to her mothers (which changed when we married), on the basis that a court would have to approve it (as opposed to the local Nai Amphur's office), because it was a foreign surname.

Really shameful, but not really surprising.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Nah that ain't right . there are Millions of people who are still have a job and working and still getting their salary. Why pay them? they Don't need it.

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Nah that ain't right . there are Millions of people who are still have a job and working and still getting their salary. Why pay them? they Don't need it.

They also deserve it because of danger money, having to be out in danger of getting the virus.

nurses surely deserve that and more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah too bad that stigma is still alive and rearing its ugly head. I told mine to keep her name as not worth it. Now my kids are under my last name so they might have a problem later with it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah too bad that stigma is still alive and rearing its ugly head. I told mine to keep her name as not worth it. Now my kids are under my last name so they might have a problem later with it. 

My wife has my last name and got the 5k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

They also deserve it because of danger money, having to be out in danger of getting the virus.

yeah, lets just ignore inflation and debt that incur for this and following generation

by printing a million thb for everyone there is.

never mind most workers will quit their job that day thinking anyone will produce anything

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

Why should a multi billionaire receive the same as poor old Somchai that sharpens knifes....we all know who the honest hard working tax payers that have been hit the hardest are....that's where it needs to go the most.

Because means-testing requires an extensive bureaucracy and many people still fall through the cracks. Give everyone a basic amount and anyone above a certain income will be asked to pay it back at income tax time.

• Like 1

A good idea. Just raise tax rates by 1% for those earning up to one million baht - they will pay the money back that way, so people with a high income will not benefit - anyone on under 500,000 baht taxable income will be better off.

8 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

good luck ,where greed rules not much hope. monks will never release their bullion stashes to the masses..they sit on tons of gold in their wats

You must have a touch of that WooHoo Flu.  Maybe you should think about getting your shots.  ????‍♂️

13 hours ago, Sujo said:

They should give the Nurses a THB 10K Pay Rise a Month permanently.  I meant the  normal Job workers that are still working .