Number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand continue to decline

webfact

Number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand continue to decline

REUTERS.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Monday reported 27 new coronavirus cases, bringing the nation's total to 2,792 cases, a senior health official said.

Of the new cases, 16 had come into contact with a previously confirmed case, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

No new deaths were reported for the third consecutive day.

Thailand has had a total of 47 fatalities, and 1,999 patients have recovered.

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng and Panarat Thepgumpanat)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-20

• Like 1

Yes it continues to decline and it also keeps rising,down from 32 yesterday which was up from the day before which was down from the day before which was up from the day before and so on bit like a yoyo really.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Singapore had the situation under control for a while until all those migrant workers who stay in very cramped dorms started to get it, then it spread like wildfire. 100's of people packed in like sardines 10 to a room sleeping on bunkbeds.

Do we have any cramped dorm like conditions in Thailand?

I'm sure the government are all over this issue now they've seen what can happen in Singapore.

Construction work camps is what I'm referring to here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope the numbers are accurate. Problem here in Thailand is the lack of testing which presumably the numbers are based on. Time will tell. I hope things will get better soon for many Thai people struggling with the lockdowns. However, I think it will be a while yet before they open the entertainment venues and allow tourists back in the country

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

You are obviously in a fortunate position that doesn't require an income then... Easy to support further lock downs..

Millions around the world are not so lucky and are at the limit already.. 

We had to close our restaurant and lay off 6 staff, so that's 6 families without a wage earner !!! You tell them it's way too soon... 

Were you not still paying them?

Fortunately, you are in Thailand without the employee responsibilities that attach to Western businesses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes it continues to decline and it also keeps rising,down from 32 yesterday which was up from the day before which was down from the day before which was up from the day before and so on bit like a yoyo really.

No new deaths for three consecutive days, and almost 2000 recovered. They are interesting numbers. 

• Haha 1

Why has the formatting of the official daily statistics changed.

In the beginning the top figs were reconciled to the bottom with numbers in private and govt hospitals + people who had been sent home

The more recent reports don't show this and have different information.

Obfuscation??

early.jpg

late.jpg

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Singapore had the situation under control for a while until all those migrant workers who stay in very cramped dorms started to get it, then it spread like wildfire. 100's of people packed in like sardines 10 to a room sleeping on bunkbeds.

Do we have any cramped dorm like conditions in Thailand?

I'm sure the government are all over this issue now they've seen what can happen in Singapore.

Construction work camps is what I'm referring to here.

We all know it's the climate. Why still so scared?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

I hope the numbers are accurate. Problem here in Thailand is the lack of testing which presumably the numbers are based on. Time will tell. I hope things will get better soon for many Thai people struggling with the lockdowns. However, I think it will be a while yet before they open the entertainment venues and allow tourists back in the country

Your last sentence is the big question mark.  I'm all for getting back to some normalcy.  But if the gov opens the borders now and lets all manner of visitors in, that could be a little dicey.  How would they even do that?  Still many hot spots around the world, including the USA, UK, etc....not to mention China.   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

No wonder you cant make friends.

Both a Livapull supporter and drink cider.

(kidding)

I’ll be the one sat in the corner on my own drinking Stowford Press!????

• Haha 2