North Korea's Kim getting treatment after cardiovascular procedure - report

webfact

North Korea's Kim getting treatment after cardiovascular procedure - report

2020-04-21T002215Z_1_LYNXMPEG3K00T_RTROPTP_4_NORTHKOREA-POLITICS.JPG

FILE PHOTO: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un takes part in a meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) in this image released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on April 11, 2020. KCNA/via REUTERS

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is receiving treatment after undergoing a cardiovascular procedure early this month, a South Korean media report said, amid speculation over Kim's health following his absence from a key anniversary event.

North Korea marked the anniversary of the birthday of its founding father and Kim's grandfather, Kim Il Sung, as a national holiday on April 15, but Kim was not seen in attendance.

Daily NK, a speciality website run mostly by North Korean defectors, cited unidentified sources inside the isolated state saying Kim is recovering at a villa in the Mount Kumgang resort county of Hyangsan on the east coast after getting the procedure on April 12 at a hospital there.

Reporting from inside North Korea is notoriously difficult, especially on matters concerning the country's leadership, given tight controls on information.

South Korea's Unification Ministry, which handles inter-Korean affairs, declined to comment on the report.

Kim's health has deteriorated in recent months due to heavy smoking, obesity and overwork, the Daily NK report said.

"My understanding is that he had been struggling (with cardiovascular problems) since last August but it worsened after repeated visits to Mount Paektu," a source was quoted as saying, referring to the country's sacred mountain.

Kim left for the hospital after presiding over a meeting of the ruling Workers' Party's politburo on April 11, where Kim was publicly last seen, the report said.

Pyongyang fired multiple short-range missiles last week which Seoul officials said were also part of the Kim Il Sung birthday celebration. Such military events would usually be observed by Kim, but there was no KCNA report on the test at all.

(Reporting by Hyonhee Shin; Editing by Lincoln Feast.)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-21

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Serious question: Does he have someone lined up as his successor? Or will there just be a huge vacuum that the armed forces will fill?

Finding info from nk is the holy grail, there just isnt any info.

I think his hot sister kim yo jong is a maybe due to her high govt position. But not sure she would get it due to their patriarchal society.

So my view is it will not be her and I doubt very much he will have groomed anyone. I mean he knocked off his brother who would have been a possible.

Unfortunately the public will not take advantage and rise up because they wont even know he is sick, they get no info at all so cannot really get anything organised.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Kim's health has deteriorated in recent months due to heavy smoking, obesity and overwork

I have a recommendation for this guy. Eat much more, and especially indulge in fatty food. Get Fatter! Add another box of cigarettes to your daily intake.

That will fix the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Kim's health has deteriorated in recent months due to heavy smoking, obesity and overwork,

...and in that order too.

I wonder if he's found a cure for Covid yet? I'm sure it would only take him ten minutes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Kim's health has deteriorated in recent months due to heavy smoking, obesity and overwork, the Daily NK report said.

I read elsewhere that he is also partial to expensive brandy (as indeed I am) but in his case in industrial quantities. That won't have helped.

Mind you, it must help to be <deleted> if you have to face the public with that haircut!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sujo said:

Finding info from nk is the holy grail, there just isnt any info.

I think his hot sister kim yo jong is a maybe due to her high govt position. But not sure she would get it due to their patriarchal society.

So my view is it will not be her and I doubt very much he will have groomed anyone. I mean he knocked off his brother who would have been a possible.

Unfortunately the public will not take advantage and rise up because they wont even know he is sick, they get no info at all so cannot really get anything organised.

Lady Macbeth of Pyongyang:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-42985855/the-ivanka-of-north-korea-meet-kim-yo-jong

• Sad 1