I'm ready for all this to end May 1st.. Get back to normal..

Worldplus

3 hours ago, Worldplus said:

Yes I saw the visa post... That's great..

Lifting alcohol ban would be a blessing..

I'm up country and have been frequenting a local waterhole for two for the past 4 years, for at least 2-3 nights a week, the bar doesn't have girls in it, it's just your local expats who get together for some usual chats, BS and a few games of pool.

Would be a breathe of fresh air to get out to have a few cold ones a for a couple of nights of the week just to stay sane, the others grabbing some spag and grub to eat, but I think there will be no discretion given there, a bar is a bar is a bar ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Booze ban extended

Everything same same except a few electrical, clothing and phone shops open. Don't expect bars, karaokes etc to be open till at least July

Agreed. The problem with booze is they have stated AFTER songkran that its now part of the solution so how will they back down from that? Plus side effect is big drop in road deaths .No alcohol until July

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure about the alcohol ban, but in Hua Hin I am getting vibes from local officials that Bars and restaurants will not open until Jun 1st. Earliest. Shopping Malls and things like D.I.Y. outlets probably May. 

Please do not quote, as I say I am getting this from our local p.c. plod via the missus. 

Stay safe everyone, and if you find yourself getting stressed then........do what Sylvester does..............

Fml Sylvester GIF - Fml Sylvester Cat GIFs

18 hours ago, Worldplus said:

Can't cope with another month of this..

Learn to cope. This is going on for months, years. Any loosening of restrictions is going to be very limited to avoid a second more virulent recurrence. It can take years to produce vaccines.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Worldplus said:

What's the chances do you think..

Alcohol ban lifted...

Some restaurants open..

Alcohol ban, they said over songkran but I think they will extend it for another month, although that will create strong reactions. As other said, its available just take a closer look at stores you not usually frequent.

Restaurants, with grab and food panda online, one can survive. Ban might be extended and stay in current form: take out only.

I'm more concerned that many restaurants will remain closed. Owners don't see any international customer base at the moment.

We will know end of the month.

If life feels like $hit right now, think how your friends back home suffer. And they can't get back here this year. Now that really $ucks.

At least we have warm climate, much eye candy, and beach probably expected to reopen, some day. Stay positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone any idea of when non-Pattaya residents will be allowed to go into the city? I work in Chonburi, but not in Pattaya; but I go into Pattaya at weekends to buy Farang Food and, especially, pipe tobacco!

On 4/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, Worldplus said:

What's the chances do you think..

Alcohol ban lifted...

The 1st and 4th of May are national holidays. A 4 day long weekend. The 4th is Coronation day.

The government might want to keep the alcohol ban until this weekend is out of the way otherwise after such a long dry spell there will be a lot of people out on a bender.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, timendres said:

I believe the visa amnesty extension is more about borders being closed, not shutdowns inside the country.

I agree.  Making the amnesty until 31 July suggests they do not expect the borders to have re-opened and flights resumed until May/June, and that all the stranded tourists will have been able to leave before 31 July.