Possible end to Pattaya lockdown set to be discussed today

webfact

Possible end to Pattaya lockdown set to be discussed today

11.jpg

Pictures: Thai PBS

A decision on  when travel and other restrictions will be lifted in Chonburi will be discussed today (Firday 24)

Provincial governor Phakarathorn Tienchai said yesterday that his province is one much visited by tourists so he was considering the number of cases of Covid-19 in the province itself as well as in Thailand and around the world before making recommendations.

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM8G6rlSuxdLoQk2qpwBycszGTR2t.jpg

Picture: Thai PBS

The province has seen 86 cases including 31 in Pattaya of which 16 were foreigners. A Russian and a French national have died.

A meeting is being held today to discuss what to do after restrictions were put in place to the end of April.

ThaiPBS said some restrictions may be in place until June.

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai PBS

However, regardless of what is discussed, any decision on lifting restrictions in Chonburi will also in part be determined the Thai government’s decision to lift or extend the current emergency decree. A decision on that is expected within the next week.

Meanwhile the mayor of Pattaya Sontaya Khunpluem held a meeting to thrash out ways to help the thousands of homeless and jobless in the resort.

Thai PBS said that there are 120,000 official residents of Pattaya but 200,000 who stay and work there.

Source: Thai PBS

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-24

• Like 1

Where will his tourists come from that he is so anxious to have arrive.  If the other provinces and domestic flights are not opened up, what is his big hurry?  or is it because he disenfranchised the neighboring cities whose people go to Pattaya for shopping....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, tomster said:

Yes.

Most people are capable of using their brain and figuring out that you have much more chance of getting ill from the food you are eating in the restaurant than by catching Coronavirus.

Or by dying in a road accident on the way the bar. Or by electrocution when you turn the light on in the toilet of the restaurant. Or from get a bone stuck in your throat when you eat your meal there.

These are all things that are much more likely to kill you than Coronavirus, you seriously need to get some perspective in your life and stop with the paranoid stuff.

Because you believe to official numbers of 13 cases with how many tests 100? Oh no... Lets put it that way all that died from Covid-19 in Thailand are old, overweighted foreigners because Thais cannot die from Covid-19...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For the Harbin post - https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/china-puts-new-city-10000000-people-lockdown-outbreak-12600044/

Trying to search to see if there are more (credible) sources for that story. It's in the Sun, DailyMail and Mirror (and a few others) but it looks like it's the exact same story (a cut/paste of the original) and I can't located the original story (yet) or find it on a better media site (like the BBC for example).

I see a similar article in the New York Times but I don't have a subscription and don't feel like signing up to their site. The NY Post has an article but their credibility is suspect.

Coincidentally, another story came out of Hong Kong yesterday which claims the total number of infected in China may have been 4 times the number they reported. That is based on research done by academics at Hong Kong University’s school of public health. They published their findings in Lancet. 
Basically they are saying that many infections weren't classified as "covid" (even if they were) and that's why China's reported numbers were so low.

(https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/china-coronavirus-cases-might-have-been-four-times-official-figure-says-study/ar-BB134APa).

This is all because they don't want to have to pay people welfare payments going forward, but ending lockdowns changes nothing particularly in places like Pattaya Hua Hin Phuket because there are no tourists  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eddie61 said:

Lifting the lockdown will bring the death rate on Thai roads every DAY back to the usual 45, roughly the total Covid 19 toll to date. That never stopped anyone from driving...

Tell that to the rest of the world......your Covid deaths fail in comparison to Thailand's road death....you hear that USA, Italy, UK....but then your only care is that your life is not infringed upon anymore.  Sit back and hold on....

32 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

You fail to see, as all those lockdown believers, the bigger picture. Worldwide economic collapse will bring far more misery and deaths than Corona ever will. But I understand the fear. Corona targets the old grumpy ones and TV is full of them.

Well said. Here is real facts, not political BS but facts.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

You fail to see, as all those lockdown believers, the bigger picture. Worldwide economic collapse will bring far more misery and deaths than Corona ever will. But I understand the fear. Corona targets the old grumpy ones and TV is full of them.

That's very true a case of Corona, with some lime wedges does target the grumpy ones.  I never said I agreed with the lockdown, just stated that you and I have no power to change it.....so now that its 4 pm, I will crack another Corona open and add my lime wedge, and enjoy the rest of my day in bliss, take care, moan away, or grumble or whatever it is that you seem fit to do.   Remember that Autopsies and studies now being done show that blood clots are an element of COVID and are being found in the lungs of the deceased and that anti coagulants are having no effect in thinning blood.  On top of that they have found that non diabetics and folks without a predisposition to other life threatening illnesses are now ending up with high blood sugars due to the attachment the virus is making onto the cells.

Edited by ThailandRyan