Two Americans afraid to go back home, want to remain in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Two American tourists have asked that they are allowed to stay in Thailand as they are afraid of the Covid-19 situation in the United States

That´s priceless! Have actually been waiting for a comment like that. 

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not true - there are still commercial flights flying out of Thailand with paid pax and connections to USA.  They fly cargo into country so are not empty.

really, what airlines have international flights from TH? I can't find any flights departing bangkok.

Edited by i84teen

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

Sensible, who in their right mind would want to go back to the US?

Or Europe? 

I go back to the UK twice a year, but as one of the "Vulnerables" I'm starting to think it may be wiser to stay in Thailand until there's a vaccine available. 

• Like 2

I don't blame them wanting to stay there. I'm in the U.K and things here are not too chipper at the moment either. If I had the option I would be on a plane straight to Thailand. Weather the Thailand statistcs are accurate or not (I'll let you decide) I believe its a lot safer there. I would be happy with a 2 week quarantine (as long as I could stay 3 months +).

If they can "apparently" bring the numbers of infection down more then maybe (just maybe) there will be an insurgance of foreigners to add a boost to the economy.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

they said they wished to remain under Thai quarantine until the crisis in the country eases.

Yes, I am told that there are still a few places at the IDC, they are more than welcome!

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I just spoke to my father, and he indicated that there is now a glut of food at stores and the prices have been reduced by as much as 30% where he is living in Northern California.  His city has also only had 5 Covid-19 infections and they have all been released from the hospital.  Yet the whole of California is still shutdown.

I now live back in the UK, the supermarkets here seem as well supplied as usual, there are a few empty shelves, but not that many.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

They cant leave unless the US sends a plane to pick up stranded citizens while bringing back Thais here . 

The US embassy is still reporting a few flight leaving with connections to the US.

• Like 1