Living on Phratumnak

jakubec

I´m considering buying a condo in one of following projects - The Lofts, Park Royal 3 and South Beach.  Is here anybody here who live/lived in any of them to give me pros and cons? I´m interested in things like quality of maintenance, number of tourists etc, day by day stuff. Thanks

Just now, jacko45k said:

Being at the bottom of a steep hill where any WINS or Songtaews are asking premium prices maybe, that has been the detraction for the Pratumnak Beach area there and Wong Amat too. 

Pratumnak isn't Central Pattaya. 

there's m/c taxis there tho, right?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, but some won't pay the asking price when familiar with the 10 baht rides elsewhere. The hill is a hard slog on foot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Trust me I lived there don't do it 

December jan

they will rape you. Buy on the baht bus route or don't buy and resale harder off the BB route 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but some won't pay the asking price when familiar with the 10 baht rides elsewhere. The hill is a hard slog on foot. 

but you're paying for the premium of door to door service with m/c taxi and obviously much more efficient time wise.

everything with a premium comes at a cost.

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pattaya is one of the easiest city's in the world to get about imo, m/c taxi bikes EVERYWHERE.

I fail to see how not being on the bah bus route is an issue when considering a location.

Get on a motorbike taxi in Pattaya?  No thanks.  Plus, it does rain sometimes.  It does get hot sometimes.  I am carrying packages sometimes--actually most times.   Pratamnak is nice--I did live there--but you'll likely be happier there if you have a car. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, newnative said:

Get on a motorbike taxi in Pattaya?  No thanks.  Plus, it does rain sometimes.  It does get hot sometimes.  I am carrying packages sometimes--actually most times.   Pratamnak is nice--I did live there--but you'll likely be happier there if you have a car. 

Almost the entire population of Pattaya / Thailand manage on motorbikes, it's a way of life here, don't see what the problem is?

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Almost the entire population of Pattaya / Thailand manage on motorbikes, it's a way of life here, don't see what the problem is?

some people, like ME do not like motorbike for a taxi......I have not been on one for years (been here ten yrs)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So the baht bus driver takes every single person to right to their front door, don't think so!

they will do but one has to pay a premium rate.....I used to do  this before I got my truck....droped me off right outside my condo building....

On 4/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Henryford said:

I lived on Pratamnack Hill foor a while and it was a real PITA getting to/from the condo. Unless you really love it there get somewhere on a baht bus route.

For the OP live in Pratamnak is fantastic if you have your own transportation, car or motorbike.

The life cost is a little bit higher than in the others part of Pattaya (Rent, markets, restaurants)

so if you are not on a ''tight'' budget, you should be happy here.

One point in the residence where you want to buy there are a lot of airbnb

short term rentals inside, and it could be a real pita during the 6 months of the high season

the main tourists here are from ex ussr republics and they are far from being all smart

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, essox essox said:

some people, like ME do not like motorbike for a taxi......I have not been on one for years (been here ten yrs)

I don't blame you, i ride a motorbike a lot around town but a taxi bike i avoid at all costs, last one a year+ ago, apart from the law breaking, usually no helmet and often no insurance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Safety, to start.  I value my life.  And, as I said, I usually do some sort of shopping when I go out.  Plus I like to be able to go out even when it is raining.  And, be out of the heat, dust, and pollution.  And, be able to chitchat with my partner when we are driving around without shouting at the back of his head.  Don't care for wild dogs nipping at my shins.  Etc., etc.  But, whatever floats your boat. I was just pointing out that there is no regular public transportation in Pratamnuk and a newcomer thinking of living there should be aware of that.  

I'd never driven a motorbike until i came to thailand and if it's just pottering around in the city stuck in traffic it's unlikely you'll have a serious accident.

but to each their own.

Enjoy.

• Like 2