Hotel taking bookings from China for dates in June.

champers

Heard a rumour that a major beachfront hotel in Pattaya is taking bookings from China for the month of June. They are currently closed but did say when they closed that it was till June 1st. I won't name the hotel but it would not be hard to guess.

nooooo.  Just get the economy and shops open first.  Importing the virus back in they'll lock everything down again.  

rules of study of science state only change/ add one variable at a time so that you can monitor the effects.  Add 2 or more and you don't know the reason for the effects.

OPen for awhile...monitor, THEN open up the country for international traffic again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

nooooo.  Just get the economy and shops open first.  Importing the virus back in they'll lock everything down again.  

rules of study of science state only change/ add one variable at a time so that you can monitor the effects.  Add 2 or more and you don't know the reason for the effects.

OPen for awhile...monitor, THEN open up the country for international traffic again.

Rest easy. I've heard that Mr. P is a big proponent of the scientific method.

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Some good news.  It will be nice to have the hotels open again--and, hopefully, everything else.  

You spelled your username wrong. You should delete the ‘t’.

8 hours ago, lust said:

You spelled your username wrong. You should delete the ‘t’.

555  What can I say, I'm a glass half-full guy.  That new Singapore virus modeling study has the virus about done in Thailand by mid-June, with a number of other countries also in the summer or early fall.  I was in favor of the April lockdown to make sure the virus did not get out of control, to get the populace used to what will be a new normal for some time to come, and to give the government and businesses some time to plan for how to handle things like social spacing when the country re-opens.

The virus numbers are very low now, and have been for sometime.  Meanwhile, the economy has been devastated, as has people's lives.  Thailand does not have the safety net for citizens that some other richer countries have.  People are getting desperate.  People are standing in long lines for a 100 baht handout or some food.  People are doing harm to themselves out of that desperation.  How much worse are things going to be with yet another long month of lockdown. 

I thought, along with many others, that the lockdown would end the beginning of May but it looks like it will continue for yet another devastating month.  Hopefully, at least some restrictions will be loosened to begin to get the country going again, to begin to get businesses going again, to begin to get people going to work again.

I know it's all going to take time and will be a long, slow process but, in my opinion, the sooner it's started the better--even if the start is slow.   For those who still feel unsafe or feel that they are at high risk, they, of course, can continue to shelter at home for as long as they deem it necessary.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mockingbird said:

...so bat soup is back on the menu then

Yup and dan xiao fen so you can dust off all the old cliches.

83% of them aren't in tour groups too so dont forget to hit that one hard.