Current requirements for entering Thailand.

The last announcement I heard, only diplomatic passport holders and those with work permits were allowed entry. 

Still the same, or when roughly did it change.?

Many thanks in advance to anybody replying. 

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The part I don't understand though, is the following: The U.S. Embassy for example keeps sending its citizens regular emails about the dwindling numbers of international flights OUT of BKK that can connect to the U.S. And last time I saw, that group of airlines with U.S. connections numbered about a half dozen...

So, in order to have those ongoing OUTBOUND flights, the planes have to be ARRIVING here somehow... And I don't think those particular airlines are doing much repatriation business. So are they flying no passenger planes into BKK or making cargo only trips and then making outbound trips with departing passengers. Or is something else going on?

Passenger planes carrying cargo?

Repatriation flights?

Yes - some flights are arriving but only Thais are allowed off the plane?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The part I don't understand though, is the following: The U.S. Embassy for example keeps sending its citizens regular emails about the dwindling numbers of international flights OUT of BKK that can connect to the U.S. And last time I saw, that group of airlines with U.S. connections numbered about a half dozen...

So, in order to have those ongoing OUTBOUND flights, the planes have to be ARRIVING here somehow... And I don't think those particular airlines are doing much repatriation business. So are they flying no passenger planes into BKK or making cargo only trips and then making outbound trips with departing passengers. Or is something else going on?

I think they are bringing air cargo in. That’s why the planes might be available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Evaair confirmed that they send empty planes from Taiwan to Bangkok and on to the UK so maybe the same for the US ????????‍♂️

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think most are transiting through from other countries and only picking up passengers here.

From the U.S. Embassy emails:

The following airlines are currently offering outbound flights from Bangkok with  connections to the United States:  Korean AirQatar AirwaysEthiopian AirlinesJapan AirlinesAir Asiana, , and Lufthansa.

Be curious to know more about the routes of these flights.  For example, where would Korean Air and Japan Airlines flights presumably originating in their home countries be headed that would necessitate a stop in BKK where they'd only be allowed to pick up passengers, but not let them disembark on a return trip...

4 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Evaair confirmed that they send empty planes from Taiwan to Bangkok and on to the UK so maybe the same for the US ????????‍♂️

So for that route, the Taiwan to BKK segment is empty (no passengers), the plane then stops and picks up outbound passengers in BKK, and then departs to the UK.... Then on the return trip, are they allowing Taiwan bound passengers to board in the UK and stay on the plane during a stopover in Thailand before heading on to Taiwan? Or they're doing to return UK to Taiwan route as a nonstop?

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Passenger planes carrying cargo?

Just guessing, a passenger plane without passengers and their luggage on a particular segment could carry a lot of non-luggage cargo in the hold. It's all weight, one way or another.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Be curious to know more about the routes of these flights.  For example, where would Korean Air and Japan Airlines flights presumably originating in their home countries be headed that would necessitate a stop in BKK where they'd only be allowed to pick up passengers, but not let them disembark on a return trip..

Perhaps flights originating in a country in south asia, south east asia and such. Even from the middle east is feasible.

2 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Does anyone have a clue what the requirements will be to enter Thailand once this ban is lifted I have a Thai wife Id love to see this is ridicules!

Lots of us in the same situation.  I'm in Bangkok but my wife and 5 year-old son are stuck in Laos.  I'm hoping that even if international flights don't start again until June, some land borders will reopen.  

• Like 1

My elderly father had an unexpected hospital emergency room trip yesterday, and though he's OK now, last night I was sweating wondering what would happen if I suddenly had to make a flight back to the U.S. from BKK right now... presumably stay there for a short time on family matters, and then what?  No way to get back home from the U.S. to BKK right now, AFAIK.

And when it does begin to reopen for international air travel at some point, you kind of have to wonder whether they're going to return to their $100,000 medical insurance, pre-flight medical certificate and quarantine on arrive measures that they supposedly had before the total shutdown occurred.... It tends to make the prospect of any international travel for the foreseeable future rather unpalatable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So are they flying no passenger planes into BKK or making cargo only trips and then making outbound trips with departing passengers.

This one, unless it's a TG flight. So TG is flying foreigners out, and bringing Thais back.

Qatar Airways is operating one daily BKK-DOH (DOH-BKK cargo only - not sure about crews? probably flying two crews), and then 3/4 weekly DOH-ORD or DOH-DFW. So it's possible to get to the U.S., getting back to Thailand is obviously a no-go, at least until 1 June, probably 1 July or beyond. I do not believe that you can transit TPE on BR (Eva) until 31 May at the earliest, so cannot go BKK-TPE-LAX currently, but that may be 'old' info.

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Then on the return trip, are they allowing Taiwan bound passengers to board in the UK and stay on the plane during a stopover in Thailand before heading on to Taiwan?

This one, BR 68 LHR-BKK-TPE. No disembarkation at BKK for pax (unless approved Thai/Dip/VIP), assume second crew on board.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I do not believe that you can transit TPE on BR (Eva) until 31 May at the earliest, so cannot go BKK-TPE-LAX currently, but that may be 'old' info.

No, you're right. AFAIK, EVA Air is a no-go for Americans right now originating in Thailand. Can't transit thru Taipei, since all those formerly U.S. bound flights originating from BKK always involve a plane change and hours layover in the Taipei airport.

Separately, I haven't heard if EVA, as the CV situation worsens in the U.S., is still running their direct U.S.-Taiwan segments.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Does anyone have a clue what the requirements will be to enter Thailand once this ban is lifted I have a Thai wife Id love to see this is ridicules

First step might be they make business of all non o visa holders desperate to get back. An expensive 14d quaranten in one of those empty hotels?

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I know the UK government have been chartering planes for repatriation. They fly out 

empty which allows them to land in countries like Thailand who have banned entry

to foreigners.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Many flights arrive with cargo and take ppl to be repatriated back. Of course you need to pay. Many of the big carriers do repatriation flights which are arranged by governments.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This one, BR 68 LHR-BKK-TPE. No disembarkation at BKK for pax (unless approved Thai/Dip/VIP), assume second crew on board.

BR67 (TPE-BKK-LHR) returns as BR70 directly LHR-TPE (at least it has done in the past week).

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My elderly father had an unexpected hospital emergency room trip yesterday, and though he's OK now, last night I was sweating wondering what would happen if I suddenly had to make a flight back to the U.S. from BKK right now... //

That's an interesting point.

I know a good number of expats in pattaya who are "auto-insured" from the health point of view, but without a big capital available.

All of them always said the same thing: "if ever I have some serious health problem, I will fly to my home country where I will have (nearly?) free treatment"...

If ever this problem should happen now, they would be in big trouble : no flight to home, and not enough money for Thai hospital... ????

• Like 1

i hope we can coming this year , if they want people do 14 d Quarantine  they will kill tourism in thailand ; who want to come for stay 14 days in a hotel in bangkok  ; only us  who stay 6 month there is ok lol 

• Like 1

Although Thailand Post cancelled int'l airmail, we're still getting airmail from Canada & the US. I doubt they're using the dedicated couriers' planes so it must be arriving as cargo on the few passenger planes left.

I was pretty shocked at ThaiPost's decision at the start of lockdown. It kind of felt like the end of civilisation.

EMS takes about eight days. Still waiting on a normal, non-trackable airmail parcel, mailed the same day.