Thailand to lift alcohol sales ban on Sunday

27 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Flash Sale. 15 litres of SID for sale.

Ha ha, doubtful that many will know what you are talking about. SID, when brewed right was sort of ok???? if you could filter the sand out of it 5555.

Edited by Catkiwi
spelling

33 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Just throwing in my 2 cents, but if you want to quit alcohol for good, there is a drug that’s available over the counter cheap called Gabapentin. It operates on the same gamma-Aminobutyric acid receptors as Alcohol and makes withdrawal and cravings a trivial ordeal. This drug is a miracle cure for alcoholism and as an added bonus, it lifts your mood and makes you chatty like booze does.

You can use it recreationally and it’s an incredibly safe drug, you would need to take quite a bit of 300mg pills to even approach bodily harm. I take about a dozen a day spaced out over the entire day. It’s original use is an anti-convulsant and anti-seizure drug, but studies have shown its beneficial for alcoholism and alcohol cravings. You won’t be drunk, but you also won’t want to be drunk because your GABA receptors will be plumb-full of Gabapentin and it will zap your alcohol cravings like you can’t believe. This drug help me quit alcohol for good, now I’m down to having an occasional glass of wine with my girlfriend when we feel like it.

Alcohol was really messing with my sleep, I would only get about 4 hours of sleep if I was lucky, and I would spend hours awake in bed trying to get back to sleep. GABA is incredibly important for your wellbeing and Alcohol fries them with enough abuse. You can heal them, but it’s going to be a long and painful journey of sleeplessness and other bad things.

Getting loaded everyday is not a good thing, and I really am concerned with some of the members here, seems like they thrown in the towel in life and just resigned themselves to being drunk as a sailor all day and that they can’t live without booze. 

Try Gabapentin. Start off with 600mg and work your way up to 900mg. It takes a few days to really take effect so keep dosing daily and eventually you will feel it’s effects and your withdrawal of alcohol will be less painful and the cravings will be less severe. 

I am not a doctor I’m just telling you my story and how this drug was a miracle cure for me to quit drinking for good. I was downing a fifth of vodka or sangsom everyday and sometimes would go back to the store drunk as a skunk and get another small bottle of sangsom and drink that as well. Alcohol is the devil and it’s going to ruin your life if you abuse it like I was.

Yeah I’ve had several old friends that it ruined who are dead now and maybe someone will listen and use your advice. I got a wife as my guard dog and other things to not slip like you. But I did like the movie leaving Las Vegas.
Gonna drink until I die is my theme. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, djayz said:

Could it be that the breweries have coughed up enoug dosh for new tanks, submaries and Rolexes? 

I'll believe it when I see the ice melting in my glass of beer Chang Sunday evening. They could do yet another u-turn and change their minds yet again in the next 24 hours. Wouldn't surprise me one iota. 

That's a good point. 

In many posts prior to this recent change of heart there were suggestions of link to PM request from the rich folk to assist government. Some of mega rich own beer companies. 

Just an observation.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Poor advice.......

You are probably someone who will go to immigration to do a 90 day report before 31 July........ Just in case ????

Maybe but more importantly I have enough booze to last me until 31 July.......Just in Case ????

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

Thai immigration will be overseeing operation Barmaid at selective outlets. Non Thai nationals will need to bring a copy of the Royal Gazette with them and read out the declaration. They will also need copies of their black green and pink books , 2 translated copies of their last high school report and have a bank statement showing they have 3 million baht in a Thai bank for the last 90 days. The bank statement must not be older than 8 and a half minutes.

Don't forget that all of those documents have to be photocopied in duplicate with your thumbprint on each copy.

Edited by TingTawng

6 minutes ago, jimn said:

This is dangerous advice. Plese ignore.

Gabapentin, sold under the brand name Neurontin among others, is an anticonvulsant medication used to treat partial seizures, neuropathic pain, hot flashes, and restless legs syndrome. Wikipedia

Exactly, drinking a one litre bottle of Sang Som will bring the same result!!

Edited by Catkiwi
  • Haha 1

I can just imagine the government is losing out on an enormous amount of tax,

could that have something to do with it?

Along with that a few concerned calls from breweries?

Lobbying anyone?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, djayz said:

Could it be that the breweries have coughed up enoug dosh for new tanks, submaries and Rolexes? 

Highly likely the reason for the lack of any substantive announcements has been due to them thrashing out the details. I had a feeling that once the decision making had been centralised the ban could have been rescinded at any time once the backroom negotiations were agreed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Oh happy days I wonder why they changes their minds public pressure through social media?
Oh Noo!! Seems now there might be some misunderstanding over the issue better wait for official confirmation.
I can't imagine they can go back on this now it's in all the news though.

More likely the breweries put pressure on the government

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

i got a whole bunch of regency and singha if anyones interested? Had to buy what i could but not what i wanted. Tasted alright when its all u got access to...????

Haha ! I wonder how many expats out there will be wondering what to do with the 10 boxes of Chang and dozen bottles or Hong Thong whiskey they bought yesterday from the local momma & poppa shop, knowing they can go to Makro on Sunday and buy as much Thatchers Cider and Stella as they want ?

I can see a lot of booze donations coming over the next few days, the security guard outside my condo is going to love me ! Haha !

• Haha 2

Ceud mìle taing, My neighbour who likes to watch my television will be in ASAP, and I hae a drouth that wad toom the Clyde!

Edited by Maybole
Typo
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, taxin said:

Haha ! I wonder how many expats out there will be wondering what to do with the 10 boxes of Chang and dozen bottles or Hong Thong whiskey they bought yesterday from the local momma & poppa shop, knowing they can go to Makro on Sunday and buy as much Thatchers Cider and Stella as they want ?

I can see a lot of booze donations coming over the next few days, the security guard outside my condo is going to love me ! Haha !

I like chang, been drinking it for 14 years and guess what? Im still here. Got 5 boxes today.

5 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Creating ANOTHER MILLION OR TWO DRUG ADDICTS!?!? Seriously? Do you still really believe those "Reefer Madness" messages that cannabis is addictive? Haven't you heard that it's been accepted by the vast majority of the world as a much safer substance than booze, that it isn't addictive like alcohol is, and that it has genuine medical benefits? It saddens my heart to see posts like this, offering an unfair comment against cannabis when so many of us are trying to promote its benefits.  

100% spot on. 

2 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

You’re free to look up the studies yourself, why would I lie about this? Someone’s a little cranky because he didn’t get his daily pint?

I've actually heard about this drug. It's very interesting, although I haven't done a great deal if research, but now you mentioned it I will definitely take a look. Luckily for me I've never become addicted to alcohol, but I do like to have the occasional drink on a weekend. But I can go without it for weeks, and months without really caring about it so much. Anyway, thanks for the information, and hopefully it can help some people.

3 hours ago, ericnoodeeka said:

I like chang, been drinking it for 14 years and guess what? Im still here. Got 5 boxes today.

Filled with Formaldehyde. Same stuff they use to embalm dead bodies.

Are you sure you're not a zombie?

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

Really, do you have any proof to substantiate that or are you just parroting an urban myth ?

I believe we have been traumatized in this booze ban, or at least I have. When it first started I wasn't worried, didn't stock up, it will end 15 Apr., no big deal. Didn't even try to have M&M shops sell to me. Then the 15 on the cardboard sign at M&P got changed to 30 Apr., and then.....well you know the rest. If I had to put in a 12 hr work day I wouldn't be thinking about no booze, but we've been stuck at home with lots of time to think about this booze ban.

I don't usually buy beer a box at a time, usually just a few bottles. Not any more ehh, from now on it will be purchased by box. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

This is why case numbers and mortality rates are so low in Thailand. Everyone here is full of disinfectant. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ericnoodeeka said:

Chang has been surprisingly drinkable after their reformulation a few years ago.

... still not my preferred go-to, but It surely tastes better than the days when they used to put formaldehyde in it 

2 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Chang has been surprisingly drinkable after their reformulation a few years ago.

... still not my preferred go-to, but It surely tastes better than the days when they used to put formaldehyde in it 

Chang used to be a decent beer. Now it is just awful.