Thailand to allow alcohol sales after three-week ban: officials

rooster59

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Bring back Singha Light and dump that horrible MyBeer.

I have emailed Boonrawd Trading Co accordingly....... still waiting for a reply. 

It's exactly the same beer. Was just rebranded last year. I've been drinking it for years - well, until last month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

What about the province’s that already announced their own bans? 

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said allowing the sale of alcohol reflected a "general relaxation" for the whole country.

"But Bangkok and some provinces can extend the ban if they think [lifting it] will do more harm than good," he said.

7 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Used to be a well deserved reputation but it is now the best and cleanest beer in Thailand. I remember when it was horrible and inconsistent leading to the dreaded 'Changover' but they cut out most of the chemicals and refined the brewing process long ago to keep the alcohol levels consistent.

In comparison, Boonrawd allegedly import chemicals from NZ and use way more artificial preservatives in Singha and Leo.

This info is from someone that is intimately involved with the two companies, and not some bar-stool gossip.

Personally I switched to Chang several years ago and never looked back. I used to be an ardent Leo and Singha drinker but when I switched over I stopped getting headaches if I had a bad hangover so stuck with the Chang. It also has a crisper, fuller flavour IMO.

Well it is probably that long ago since I tried any...I probably won't anytime soon though ????

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Used to be a well deserved reputation but it is now the best and cleanest beer in Thailand. I remember when it was horrible and inconsistent leading to the dreaded 'Changover' but they cut out most of the chemicals and refined the brewing process long ago to keep the alcohol levels consistent.

It's never had formaldehyde in it.

9 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Personally I switched to Chang several years ago and never looked back. I used to be an ardent Leo and Singha drinker

During this WuFlu  prohibition I had no choice but to try Chang again and agree it is now better than Leo which I used to prefer before they changed something a few years ago at the same time alcohol content and  size was reduced the taste of Leo changed dramatically for the worse ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Bring back Singha Light and dump that horrible MyBeer.

I have emailed Boonrawd Trading Co accordingly....... still waiting for a reply. 

If Singha is Lion's pee and Leo is Leopard pee , Chang is elephant's pee what is My Beer made from ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

You think that announcing that the ban would continue for another month was just a bargaining ploy ?

Cynic ????

No they ,The government got Promised THB700,000,000 a Few days ago Maybe the  Lifting the BAN was included in the Deal.:wai:

• Like 1

I don't believe it was to pressure or gain financial aid from alcohol producers. They simply didn't foresee the backlash it was going to have.

Be grateful and happy they do listen to the people sometimes.

I will be lining up at 11.00am sharp to pay for my couple of bottles of Vodka, one nip per night watching Netflix, ok, maybe two, as for beer, well I am sure a lot of it will be flat having sat there for a while, so be careful what you wish for. 

33 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:
3 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

I'll certainly drink to the ozone hole closing and will be raising a toast tomorrow at lunch

Good man.  I'll also plant a tree to celebrate.  

Why not do both?  Good idea!

Edited by LeamchabangLarry

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I will be lining up at 11.00am sharp to pay for my couple of bottles of Vodka, one nip per night watching Netflix, ok, maybe two, as for beer, well I am sure a lot of it will be flat having sat there for a while, so be careful what you wish for. 

10:30 for me, fill up the shopping cart and wait for 11:00 to arrive.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

as for beer, well I am sure a lot of it will be flat having sat there for a while, so be careful what you wish for. 

It's only been three weeks!!  Bottled and canned beer does not miraculously go flat in three weeks.

• Like 2

Read all 6 pages, still don't know what exactly is happening.

Will the ban be lifted as of 3rd May and stay lifted or not?

What I meant to say was that all this off / on prohibition nonsense and the thought of enduring another month of it has made me think I will treat myself to some half decent wine, even though it has become horribly expensive and why I stopped buying. My missus likes wine too, so maybe more than a bottle.

It will be a very pleasurable guzzle.

Edited by OneeyedJohn