Which Bands or Artist have you seen live?

Sek Loso, Carabao ,

In the states ,fleetwood mac,moody blues,crosby still and nash,grand funk,Chicago ,J.giles band,aerosmith. I'm sure there is a few more but I can't remember due to... Oh! Brian Adams ,Cher,Wild Orchid,four tops,BB King 

The Monkeys.cindy lauper, beth midler. 

The Eagles!

Edited by Yankeesvsredsox
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, Moonlover said:

First live concert I went to was a Tommy Roe/Del Shannon UK tour in 1962/63. Also featured was The Beatles! 

When I was writing my post yesterday, a voice in my head kept asking 'who was the backing band for this concert?' I knew it was a British band but the name eluded me. But wonder of wonders, last as I was settling down to sleep, it came to me. It was the Barron Knights.

I also now recall seeing Tony Hadley (ex Spandau Ballet) put on a great solo show in a marquee in Ross-on-Wye. That was some time in the early 2000s. In that same era I saw Jet Harris (ex The Shadows) perform in a village hall somewhere in Gloucestershire. That was quite nostalgic evening.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

When I was writing my post yesterday, a voice in my head kept asking 'who was the backing band for this concert?' I knew it was a British band but the name eluded me. But wonder of wonders, last as I was settling down to sleep, it came to me. It was the Barron Knights.

I also now recall seeing Tony Hadley (ex Spandau Ballet) put on a great solo show in a marquee in Ross-on-Wye. That was some time in the early 2000s. In that same era I saw Jet Harris (ex The Shadows) perform in a village hall somewhere in Gloucestershire. That was quite nostalgic evening.

We can see you led an exciting life there mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The WHO at , I believe, Charlton Athletic football ground. 

This one?

THE WHO

SUMMER OF 74

Charlton Athletic FC

5-18-74.

The Who, Humble Pie ,Lou Reed , Bad Company . Lindisfarne, Maggie Bell, Montrose .

• Like 1

On 8 May 2020 at 9:41 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The Scorpions, in Bangkok in MBK about 1996. Everybody was sitting. I had a press card at that time and I was in front of the first row. ????

scorpions.jpg

Caught these guys about 18 months ago touring with Def Leppard.  Been around nearly as long as the Stones, and still going strong.  All looking fit and healthy for septogenarians.

These bands/groups/performers were all seen in Australia starting around 1962.  Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs ( my first live concert ), Neil Diamond, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes ( great songs but boring in concert ), Bobby Browne, M C Hammer, Bon Jovi, Metallica, The Bee Gees, Peter Paul & Mary, Baby Animals, Southern Sons, Jason Derulo, ACDC, The Easybeats, Def Leppard and too many that I can't think of right now. Most memorable was Gunners at Eastern Creek Raceway with around 800,000 in attendance. 

Edited by TigerandDog

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We can see you led an exciting life there mate

Bally hell, I didn't think any of that stuff would still be knocking around! When I saw them, they were doing the instrumental backing for the lead artists, but they did tour with the Beatles later on. And one of them, Pete Langford is still keeping the group alive and performing.

• Like 1

Oh Oh ! Worked at The Narracott Grand , Woolacombe in 1974 Mud appeared there , They came in a tatty van with 'Mud on the road ' stickers all over it. Oh oh, one night in the ballroom Kenny Ball appeared , larf , I was taking a tray of drinks across and around folk dancing . The music stopped and Kenny said ' Go on serve the drinks then we can get back to dancing '.  Happy season working there.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pagan1 said:

Having seen a lot of bands over the years it's easiest for me to say :

Best Night- Dead Kennedys in San Francisco New Years Eve 1981

Best Weekend - Holidays in the Sun- Blackpool 1996  It was a Punk revival festival with many bands looking worse for wear. Sham 69 got the weekend off with a bang. The following year I went again and subsequently up to Morecambe when the festival moved location.

Worst Band - The Virgin Prunes who supported Bauhaus in 1982

seen literally hundreds of bands,far too many to list, but back in around 1982 went to Leeds for Christmas On Earth festival. was underaged at the time but managed to get in, pretty much the same bands you saw at Blackpool.

My favourite punk band was always DK so very jealous as i never got to see them with Jello,

First band live:    Chelsea, 

Best gigs of that era:    The Exploited for pure unadulteratered fun,  Crass , awful musically but had big screens everywhere showing video/images which at that time was something i had never seen

Most times seen:    UK Subs, Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned, not sure how many times i have seen these bands but all of them at least six 

Best Bands ever Live:   Jane's Addition, (those that know,know)   

seen both Roger Waters and Pink Floyd without RW,  for me as much as i like Dave Gilmour,  RW was the better gig, note perfect.

Best find at a gig.  Used to go to Reading Rock festival most years mid 80's ish to mid /late 90's ,  and was totally blown away by Mudhoney, introducing the world of Grunge to the UK, also while visiting mates in Oz went to see a band called Cosmic Psychos just cos i liked the name, again  brilliant

Other most standout gigs: Motley Crue, Motorhead, The Cult, Sonic Youth, The Ramones (in Oz) Bodycount

Carter USM

QUEEN with Freddie 2 times and one time with Adam Lambert, Whitesnake, Rod Steward, Tina Turner, Die Phantastischen 4 (German band) and some I don´t remember right now.

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

This one?

THE WHO

SUMMER OF 74

Charlton Athletic FC

5-18-74.

The Who, Humble Pie ,Lou Reed , Bad Company . Lindisfarne, Maggie Bell, Montrose .

Could be. I only remember the Who. ????

Saw loads of gigs mainly in the 70's, Led Zepp (3) Deep Purple (3) Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Wall tours, The Who (3) Rory Gallagher (5) went to Reading  (1978) and Knebworth Festivals (1976 and 78).

Later did the punk scene saw Sex Pistols at the Electric Circus Manchester (Anarchy Tour) also Generation X, The Stranglers, The Adverts, Rich Kids, Magazine,Slits, Slaughter and the Dogs plus many I've forgotten.

Most memorable gigs were Springsteen at Slane Castle Ireland 1985 'Born in the USA' Tour, Genesis 'Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' Tour and Slade around 1980 doing a Chistmas concert at Rotters nightclub in Manchester.

last concert I went to was last year Lynyrd Skynyrd farewell tour.

• Like 1

Guns n Roses in Bangkok.  Hot as BALLS for an outdoor show with 50,000 people but the band was incredible.  Axl was unbelieveable.  his voice was great.  his chubby old man body running around in leather coats and tight jeans, hitting all the high notes.  great show.

• Like 1

OP this post is turning into a dementia test!

So many i've seen on others posts I'd forgotten about.

Post about Tuxedo Princess reminded me of a few beers with Stevie Ray Vaughn's band on return to my hotel in Newcastle during residents only drinking. They were the only ones in the bar keeping the barman up, were trashed but SRV ws nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Post about Tuxedo Princess reminded me of a few beers with Stevie Ray Vaughn's band on return to my hotel in Newcastle during residents only drinking. They were the only ones in the bar keeping the barman up, were trashed but SRV ws nowhere to be seen.

We are here to help you. feel free to ask questions 

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Saw all of the greats - Stones, Who, Zeppelin, Kinks multiple times, but the best show was Springsteen & E Street band at the Old Palladium in NYC 3rd row in 1978. Amazing!

My favorite live band was The J.Geils Band. What energy!

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We are here to help you. feel free to ask questions 

OK you asked - what nationality were the two blokes sat in my seats when I arrived at a Kraftwerk concert in Glasgow Apollo in the early 70's.

????

13 minutes ago, xxoahu22 said:

Guns n Roses in Bangkok.  Hot as BALLS for an outdoor show with 50,000 people but the band was incredible.  Axl was unbelieveable.  his voice was great.  his chubby old man body running around in leather coats and tight jeans, hitting all the high notes.  great show.

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

OK you asked - what nationality were the two blokes sat in my seats when I arrived at a Kraftwerk concert in Glasgow Apollo in the early 70's.

????

Indians?

Just now, ChipButty said:

Indians?

Germans of course, minus the beach towels.

Turns out they didnt have tickets at all, sneaked in early and moved around till no one claimed their seats. Fanatical German Kraftwerk fans.

• Like 1

Quite a lot over the past 45 years....but everytime I was blown away when I see The Prisoners and the other bands fronted by Graham Day....here are Graham Day and the Forefathers at the 100 Club in 2017.....garage punk with the finest songs ever....

Last concert in Bangkok was seeing the national treasure Waipod Petchsuphan earlier this year at some charity concert. Waipod starting at around 7:00 min.

Edited by xn47140
  • Like 1

Rabid festival goer for many years so no chance of remembering them all - dementia maybe ????

Anyway, most memorable - Toss up between Bob Dylan in a small Dallas venue, seemed like a pub in 1996. The guy and his musicians are always superb but the intimacy was very special. Then Byron Blues Festival over 14 years So many standouts, but for me Fat Freddy's Drop, Eric Burden, Bela Fleck, Bo Diddly, and Cat Empire (they don't do it on "vinyl" like they work on stage). Was often disappointed by the big names and pleasantly surprised by lesser names at the time. And usually found that Age does not weary them ????  

Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, Willie Nelson, David Bowie, B-52s, The Cure, Toumani Diabate, Selif Kita, and Half of Led Zep (Page and Plant) were standout concerts. And top Sydney bands in the 70s: Midnight Oil, Mental as Anything, Rose Tattoo, Cold Chisel and The Sports  - loud, hot and tight!

Most memorable for the wrong reasons - Knebworth 1976: 10CC hassles with their live recording, no-one gave a <deleted>, as they seriously delayed Rolling Stones. Whatever they took to get up, Mick and the boys were done by the time they hit the stage. Got to see the Stones again in Sydney, Toronto and Fort Worth.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1

Never was a big concert fan but have seen a few, Joe Cocker a few years before he died, Rollin Stones, Rod Piazza and the Mighty flyers a blues band out of California, George Thurogood, John Mayall and the Blues Breakers, John Lee Hooker not very good, Gay Little Hearts one of the first Japanese girl bands in the early sixties, There was a great Philipina band in Oloangopo city from 63 to 66 those guys were great there rendition of the Lion Sleeps tonight was fantastic

Have been lucky enough to see a lot of my favourite singers and bands live

David Bowie, the Beastie Boys, Dr. John, Teenage Fanclub, Belle and Sebastian...

With all that, still think that some of my favourite live experiences are seeing an unknown band in a tiny venue.... 8 people dancing at the front and you could touch the band! 

• Like 1

Rolling Stones, Ravi Shankar, Rod Stewart, Young Rascals, Steppenwolf, Blue Oyster Cult, George Benson, Freddie Hubbard, Pharaoh Sanders, Jackson Browne, Sly and the Family Stone, Herbie Hancock, and others.

• Like 1