"Good news soon": Murder of German who taught English has damaged the image of Thailand, says media

webfact

"Good news soon": Murder of German who taught English has damaged the image of Thailand, says media

6pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The chief of the Prachinburi provincial police said that he expected good news soon after he chaired a meeting of investigators looking into the murder of a German man who taught English.

"Mr Wilhelm" (name transliterated from Thai) was found stabbed in the chest at his address in Soi Bang Pakong 2 in Muang district on Wednesday.

The victim was a popular man with his neighbors and his death was bad for the image of Thailand said 77kaoded, thus prompting a full police investigation.

Pol Maj-Gen Naradech Klomthuksing was talking after an hour and a half meeting at police HQ on Thursday.

He ordered a number of separate task forces to be set up to investigate every angle of the crime.

At this stage equal weight is being given to the possibility that a family dispute, a woman or robbery was the reason for the slaying.

He smiled after the meeting and said that good news would likely follow shortly.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-08

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

He smiled after the meeting and said that good news would likely follow shortly.

Will the good news be that after someone is charged for murder, etc, Thailand will then look good again? 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

his death was bad for the image of Thailand

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

He smiled after the meeting

All this will surely help to solve their main worry.

Wake up ! Reputation of Thailand is already made.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

As many above have rightly stated, that it seems there are many things that "Damage Thailand's reputation".

Frankly, I think more time should be spent by these wizards on figuring out a way to repair the massive damage they have inflicted, in one way or another, on their own country. 

Time for them to remove head from anus.

And I have just seen a pig flying..........:clap2:

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

it was already very damaged before that, should look for the causes close to home, like TAT, IMO, etc.,  not to the death of a farang  RIP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently, I am in Canada.  About three weeks ago, my receptionist's father, who is in his 60's was going to the market when he was attacked by a man, stabbed and his lung was penetrated.  He was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery.  There is a 27% chance of dying from such a wound.  He was fortunate and survived and spent a couple of weeks in ICU in hospital.  He is now home and resting.  The police "viewed" the CCTV and said the camera was too far away to show the culprit.  In other words, without receiving any incentive payment they would do nothing and they didn't.

'nuf sed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The scary part, in my opinion, is the fact that a German was employed to teach English!  No offence to the deceased is intended as I truely believe the is no-one better to teach English than a native English speaker...which excludes anyone from the USA, Scotland, Ireland, Africa and NZ.  Which only leaves the English and Australians.  ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Murder of German who taught English has damaged the image of Thailand, says media

Someone needs a reality check, from the news that has been reported in recent months the image of Thailand with regard to treatment of Farangs is abysmal to say the least.....!!!!

• Like 2