Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If you don't test people, you don't get the correct information !

It doesn't really matter anyway.

The experts are saying, if the virus is really that bad, our compromised immune systems (from being locked away) will ensure we all end up with it anyway, if there is 2nd/3rd waves.

In that case, we have destroyed ALL our economies for NOTHING,

and caused multiple social problems along the way, many that are worse than the virus itself.

Unfortunately for the world, the constant barrage and fear mongering in the media has made people forget that high 90% will recover from this without a problem.

And Unfortunately, to many idiots across the world are carrying on like Covid is an instant death sentance.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Do you have any credible source for this statement - "3017 people tested"? Or are you just lying, posting fake facts?

Keep in mind, here had been people arrested for posting incorrect information about Covid-19 (see the pinned threads in this forum).

He just posts the official number reported by Thai authorities

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.57.30 PM.png

Edited by RedPill

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it should stay like that, at least, for a week, then we will see... BTW did they tested people to get 0 detection or if nobody was tested thus the  0 detection

im guessing nobody has gone for testing because they feel very sick. Thailand has only tested 286,000 people,,, 200,000 of those the government and wealthy..????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

I disagree. Nothing will be gained by people burying their heads in the sand. Covid is here it's not gone away. Why do you think all the restrictions are still in place? Test, Treat, Isolate and Trace. That way you will get a handle on the true scale of the outbreak.

Yes if you want a true handle just remember TTIT.. ????

4 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

so continue lockdown and curfew until then?

Yes, that's what all the people want who have the means (pensioners, savings etc.) and/or can work from home ... not only here. Many other countries, too.

The rest of the millions of people who lose their jobs and businesses can stick it up ... or queue up for food or 5k baht every day

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, that's what all the people want who have the means/and or can work from home ... not only here. 

The rest of the millions of people who lose their jobs and businesses can stick it up ... or queue up for food or 5k baht every day

seems extreme to me...seems more sensible to gradually reopen with reasonable precautions, masks. hand sanitizers, temp checks, distancing and react with strong testing tracking and quarantining with new cases so society can still function as other societies have done. Admittedly testing capabilities need improvement here.

And those people with means can still remote work or isolate.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Do they get to join the Tasman Travel Bubble now ??

3 hours ago, Eibot said:

Why should they? It's not very excited news to report that Thailand, at the other side of the world has no new infected. Scaremongering and panic is what makes people click.

I don't know. I'm too busy watching Americans die. It looks like they've lost control. 82,000+ dead and rising. Meanwhile Swedish doctors have a government directive to literally kill  elderly Covid19 victims. 

https://rairfoundation.com/swedish-health-professionals-expose-coronavirus-directives-for-the-elderly-basically-kill-the-patients-watch/?fbclid=IwAR1wRi8NfoPWcs4XOabxL5KMHkJmIvACJ10Um9BXcuThLlDEJ833SJFqtx0

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

What would be a proof of the truth in your opinion?

For me, it's having a look in the hospitals and count of dead people (you can not test as much, ok, but you can't hide dead people).

You can hide what they died from. Back to the old died from and died with. Died from makes the list, died with doesn't. death from pneumonia figures would also be intersesting. Diabetes, hypertension and other underlying contions.

So how many hospitals have you been in counting dead bodies? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

seems extreme to me...seems more sensible to gradually reopen with reasonable precautions, masks. hand sanitizers, temp checks, distancing and react with strong testing tracking and quarantining with new cases so society can still function as other societies have done. Admittedly testing capabilities need improvement here.

And those people with means can still remote work or isolate.

Of course this should be done gradually ... I'm not against it. I'm speaking up for the people who really have nothing and lose it all during this process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You can hide what they died from. Back to the old died from and died with. Died from makes the list, died with doesn't. death from pneumonia figures would also be intersesting. Diabetes, hypertension and other underlying contions.

So how many hospitals have you been in counting dead bodies? 

Come one ... you don't think if there really were falling off from the trees as in other countries ... with the same restrictions and measures in place, you would not notice?

If there were overrun hospitals nationwide, that would have been shown on TV, surely! That's inline with the measures and restrictions. Afaik ... there haven't been overrun hospitals and dead people. Thanks god. But also ... keep it real.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Of course this should be done gradually ... I'm not against it. I'm speaking up for the people who really have nothing and lose it all during this process.

Or, since Bangkok seems to be free of Covid-19, could just let it return back to normal, but restrict entry from people who have recently been in Phuket or Yala. 

Come on folks, maybe not a celebration but it is good news.

Not sure the testing will solve anything, if there are people out there & the virus is still spreading it is obviously not making them VERY sick. so a milder form or a 2nd wave that there is some resistence to ??

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Or, since Bangkok seems to be free of Covid-19, could just let it return back to normal, but restrict entry from people who have recently been in Phuket or Yala. 

yes, exactly ... isolate the areas where there are cases and infections.

But not all the way up to Chiang Rai ... for all!

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

The death by pneumonia data (not including BKK) is published on the HDC site and updated more or less daily. Looks like not including BKK, Thailand had about 1,000 deaths by pneumonia in the past week which is about twice the average for the whole country (including BKK) for a typical week.

I'm sure none of those deaths were actually Covid 19 as they would have been in the daily reports.

I found this from early March that thinks they are not. Do you have a source/link please?  https://nucleuswealth.com/articles/is-thailand-hiding-covid-19-cases/

Edited by vermin on arrival

14 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

The death by pneumonia data (not including BKK) is published on the HDC site and updated more or less daily. Looks like not including BKK, Thailand had about 1,000 deaths by pneumonia in the past week which is about twice the average for the whole country (including BKK) for a typical week.

I'm sure none of those deaths were actually Covid 19 as they would have been in the daily reports.

I found this source saying in 2017 Thailand had 60K+influenza/pneumonia deaths or roughly 1150 per week? How does that compare to the numbers you found? https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

50 minutes ago, jaf3 said:

I am pretty sure that this is as accurate as can be considering that totality of the situation. I have seen their public health teams in the villages and islands enforcing quarantines and keeping an eye on people at risk of infection. Very thorough. Good job Thailand. 

100%

Thailand has done an absolutely fantastic job with this. ????????

So much respect, not just for the governments efforts , but also the efforts from the locals and foreigners who have followed the very basic guidelines that were laid out from day one. 

Now onto phase 2,  and that should be to keep some of the current safety measures in place to prevent a second wave from happening.  Remember, all it takes is for one person to infect another, which could then  lead to the possibility of it spiraling out of control.

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Why is that? Surely now you simply let people return back to normal with some conditions such as social distancing. If any new cases do crop up you trace and quarrantine. There is no need to cripple the whole country for such a manageable situation...

Yes, if it was manageable, you could get back to the "new normal". Manageable would mean having adequate testing & tracing network in place. Apparently the people at MoPH know this is not the case, which is why the lockdowns are still there.

The daily recommendation for the same light reading as usual: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-how-to-do-testing-and-contact-tracing-bde85b64072e

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Either the Covid 19 numbers aren't being captured/reported or for some reason, it's just not infecting people in Thailand the way it seems to be everywhere else. Curious. Other places are reporting that it's way more infectious than the typical influenza. But, comparatively, per the reported numbers, here it seems to be less than 1% as infectious as the typical flu. 

"It's not even the flu bro". Funny side oddities arising from dubious base stats.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RedPill said:

If there were overrun hospitals nationwide, that would have been shown on TV, surely! 

agreed!

And not just on TV,  but also social media.

We all know how much Thai people love their phones and social media!  Videos of overrun hospitals would be plastered all over social media by now if that were the case.  

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

With China warning a second wave may have started there, and Germany going back into lockdown in some areas because of daily cases tripling, I don't think people can become complacent. The biggest concern though should be a mutation much like the Spanish flu  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

agreed!

And not just on TV,  but also social media.

We all know how much Thai people love their phones and social media!  Videos of overrun hospitals would be plastered all over social media by now if that were the case.  

What if it were the case that if before all of this Covid-19 spread Thai hospitals weren't running at 100% and so an increase of 10% of business was just taken care of in the way that normal fluctuations of patients would? If that were the case, then the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed, there wouldn't be mounds of dead bodies piling up, and nothing too interesting for anyone to report via social media. In such a scenario, the increased numbers would be there but only obvious if you had the data that the MOPH has. Wouldn't need to be hidden, just ignored or not reported. 

If we change focus from Covid-19 to, say, influenza, Dengue, or malaria, aren't there significant fluctuations from month to month? When we become aware of those, it's from public health data being shared, not people noticing mounds of bodies or social media posts from alarmed family members of victims, right?

Lets give them credit where it is due Most thais were pretty good about this Not much panic buying except when the grog came back on the shelves but overall well done Thailand Now Open all the shops People have no work and many have committed suicide So open up the shops and schools and the borders