The Midget is on her Way

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

She just called me and asked do I need some vinegar, why would I be needing vinegar? And bye the way I bought you some macaroni, it's mind boggling we have 2 big packets of pasta in the kitchen

We have already decided on whats for dinner tonight "Chicken Wings" which we already have, done in her new state of the art Air Fryer courtesy of Lazada online shopping expedition 

Bought myself an air fryer yesterday. Bit of an exercise as the Haier brand I wanted had just sold out on lazada with prices over 4000 baht being touted for the remaining few by no-star vendors... caveat emptor.  Looked at shopee and they showed same nil stock but pre-order with 3-4 weeks delivery for 3500 baht. That's over double RRP so no thanks. Lucked out at Thai Watsadu in Nongbua Lamphu which had the last one in Isaan captivity for 1500 baht. Sorted.

Done some chips last night... awesome. Back bacon, black pudding, beef sausages and eggs this morning... brilliant. Chicken wings tonight... gyoza and pies tomorrow. Diet?... GONE!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bought myself an air fryer yesterday. Bit of an exercise as the Haier brand I wanted had just sold out on lazada with prices over 4000 baht being touted for the remaining few by no-star vendors... caveat emptor.  Looked at shopee and they showed same nil stock but pre-order with 3-4 weeks delivery for 3500 baht. That's over double RRP so no thanks. Lucked out at Thai Watsadu in Nongbua Lamphu which had the last one in Isaan captivity for 1500 baht. Sorted.

Done some chips last night... awesome. Back bacon, black pudding, beef sausages and eggs this morning... brilliant. Chicken wings tonight... gyoza and pies tomorrow. Diet?... GONE!!!

Yes, diet shot to the flaming bowels of beelzebubs house.

Screenshot_20200517-122621_Gallery.jpg

I got a reprieve......

Our washing machine gave out about 5 days into the quarantine.....Mother board failed, but if the start button is hit between 10-30 times it can "catch" and start....I've been basically looking forward to this day to get a new washer, everybody's been frustrated.... They've hand washed more than a few times....

Tell the wife - let's go get a new one = answer - not now, ours still works.....

She could care less about the shopping bit....

My wife is easy to be around 24/7 = except shopping - where everything is scrutinized (even if just something interesting along the journey).....Every label, stitch & seam is closely inspected....... Takes 3 times longer, while I percolate.....

I call it 10 step shopping (vacations/pic ops too) and it drives me crazy - I'm a work the list and go.....Hunter versus shopper......

So - I get a double reprieve today.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I got a reprieve......

Our washing machine gave out about 5 days into the quarantine.....Mother board failed, but if the start button is hit between 10-30 times it can "catch" and start....I've been basically looking forward to this day to get a new washer, everybody's been frustrated.... They've hand washed more than a few times....

Tell the wife - let's go get a new one = answer - not now, ours still works.....

She could care less about the shopping bit....

My wife is easy to be around 24/7 = except shopping - where everything is scrutinized (even if just something interesting along the journey).....Every label, stitch & seam is closely inspected....... Takes 3 times longer, while I percolate.....

I call it 10 step shopping (vacations/pic ops too) and it drives me crazy - I'm a work the list and go.....Hunter versus shopper......

So - I get a double reprieve today.....

Guess that is better than this method....

Image result for Lady shopping but not buying gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Get some proper chips man

I would but the Whirling Dervish cut these up from the potatoes in the cabinet.  She said that if she makes them fatter, I will also get fatter...I told her there is no need for oil, its an air fryer, so I can not get to fat........she just laughed

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I read somewhere the other day may or may not have been TV ,  ' How to make fries like KFC '. WHY ?

Sorry to see that boredom and such has set in toofarnorth, I myself unfortunately have been watching cooking shows, yes too much time on my hands.

• Like 1

OP, you are doing it all wrong, will you never learn? My GF can head to as many stores as she wants, by herself or with a friend. I think her record was 6 hours in Maya, Chiang Mai.

However, if I am not with her, she only has her money to spend. Strange that she would prefer spending mine.

Vinegar goes with french fries, or maybe she intends to complete the job of pickling you while you are sleeping.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

What are those 6 battered things in ur fryer, they look appetizing.

By the way, what brand airfryer do u have and how much?

The ones I see on Lazada are insanely expensive.

Smarthome MV-022 from Lazada 1900 Baht 3.5 ltr there is only 2 of us maybe not big enough for a family

5 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

What are those 6 battered things in ur fryer, they look appetizing.

By the way, what brand airfryer do u have and how much?

The ones I see on Lazada are insanely expensive.

Those are beer battered chicken breast pieces the Whirling Dervish made.  She uses Heineken in her batter.  Put's just a little bit of vegetable oil on the chicken before she rolls it in a little bit of egg until she puts it in the beer and flour batter she makes, then she lets it dry on a wire rack for a minute or so before she puts it in the Philips air fryer we bought.  The chips she made were to thin for me, she cut the hell out of the potato using her knife (Hope she never uses that knife on me...lol), then rolled them into a little vegetable oil with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Then she cooked it all for 30 minutes at 180...they came out great, but then each air fryer is a little different. The air fryer was 2500 THB on sale, normally advertised for around 6990 THB, bought it during one of there many sales. It is the Philips Turbostar..But there are many others out there.  I have had good luck with my Philips appliance here......

• Like 1

Jeesus, 3.5 litre sounds quite big.

So if I wanted to do a fish 'n chips, do I just stuff all the raw ingredients in it at the same time, or what.

I ain't seen Gordon Ramsay use one yet.

2,500 I can live with, not so sure about 7K.  Just checked on Lazada and your tubostar is between 9 - 12 K.

Bollucks to that, I like the taste of oil anyway.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
comment
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Jeesus, 3.5 litre sounds quite big.

So if I wanted to do a fish 'n chips, do I just stuff all the raw ingredients in it at the same time, or what.

I ain't seen Gordon Ramsay use one yet.

2,500 I can live with, not so sure about 7K.  Just checked on Lazada and your tubostar is between 9 - 12 K.

Bollucks to that, I like the taste of oil anyway.

You have to wait for there sales which occur...But there are pleanty out there for 1500 THB or so that will work..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mine left at 9 am to open up her salon, and then called me to say she was closing as no customers and was heading to the mall as everything was being advertised at 70% off.  God forbid.  I am glad she has her own wad of cash.....she got a text from the MALL Group, M card telling her all about it.....Looks like Siam Paragon is not safe today.  If you see a 4' 11 whirling dervish, with pinkish blue hair, give her a wide berth....

The whirling dervish just arrived home, she had 6 bags with her, all I did was shake my head and smile.  First thing she did after coming home was give me a kiss, hand me a dessert she had bought me, and then proceeded to hand me a new shirt.......After that I left her at the kitchen table and moved into the study to sit at my desk and drink a glass of wine.  She is still at the table looking at her receipts and singing to herself......god help me.......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kenk24 said:

shopping for ladies is not just a 'what do we need' type experience... it is a fun activity where you walk around and look at things... I don't really get it because for me it is about buying what I need as fast as I can... but my wife needs at least an hour, preferably 2 just to feel complete and satisfied.. [shopping] 

All part of the great mystery ( to men ) of being female. I once saw Top Gear ( the real one with Jeremy, the Hamster etc ) where they had a race between driving a car and a few women getting dressed in a dress shop. The guys won the race before the women had got much past selecting their shoes.

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The whirling dervish just arrived home, she had 6 bags with her, all I did was shake my head and smile.  First thing she did after coming home was give me a kiss, hand me a dessert she had bought me, and then proceeded to hand me a new shirt.......After that I left her at the kitchen table and moved into the study to sit at my desk and drink a glass of wine.  She is still at the table looking at her receipts and singing to herself......god help me.......

As long as it's her own money and it keeps the sex coming all good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All part of the great mystery ( to men ) of being female. I once saw Top Gear ( the real one with Jeremy, the Hamster etc ) where they had a race between driving a car and a few women getting dressed in a dress shop. The guys won the race before the women had got much past selecting their shoes.

There are somethings I have learned to accept... I will give my wife a shopping cart then go off and have lunch, read a book, and come back 30 minutes later and she still has nothing in the cart... same with leaving the house... I tell her let me know when you are ready to get into the car... no matter what, after I get into the car it is an additional 10 minutes. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

proceeded to hand me a new shirt..

My ex once bought me a shirt. Is that a Thainess thing?

I used to buy her really nice clothes that she looked great in. She wore them once and never again. I stopped buying her clothes. Unfortunately the clothes she bought she looked frumpy in- stupid frilly things that granny might have worn. Not that I dared say anything.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My ex once bought me a shirt. Is that a Thainess thing?

My wife is always buying me t-shirts and shorts especially in the sales Christmas before a Samsung tablet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

My wife is always buying me t-shirts and shorts especially in the sales Christmas before a Samsung tablet

I think the shirt was the only item of clothing she bought me and might have been the only thing she bought me. I even had to pay for my own birthday present that she bought me. However, she was never shy about reminding me of mother's day when she expected a present despite not having a living child.

When returning to LOS, I was given the hard word to bring mascara, but only of the super expensive sort not available in LOS.

Talk about being a sucker for punishment!

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're lucky. Treasure every kiss as they may stop. Mine stopped kissing me at the same time as the sex.

I got very lucky with this one, my ex wife nit picked me and would spend everything she could on herself and her girlfriends.  This one hS her own money, does not take a dime from me. The shirt she bought me was a Pierre Cardin button up long sleeve dress shirt.  When she left this morning for the salon she took the new shirt along with an older one of mine with her. I asked her what she was doing. She told me she was taking it to the suit shop next to her shop so she could have the Tailor alter it to fit like my old one and needed the old shirt for the measurements. She also bought some clothes for my grown kids in the US and wanted to know when I could mail them for her.  The rest of the stuff she bought were clothes for her 2 kids that live with us and just a few things for herself......yes I guess I am lucky.....

• Like 1