Fund set up amid claims 83 year old Brit was held prisoner near Bangkok while Thais siphoned off his pension

webfact

Just now, pineapple01 said:

Made me smile, has she let you out in 11 years Giddy. My mates only allowed out with his Lady.????

Do you even live in Thailand, or do you get all your info from Google?

Just now, tropo said:

It's just luck of the draw. I went 10 years without a single problem, then one started that made up for the 10 years of peace.

Half the guys living here left their home country because of problems with wives or girlfriends.

Just now, giddyup said:

Like that never happens in the west, except it's usually their own family that takes advantage.

No, the problems I went through don't happen in civilized countries... however, I'll finish it here as I don't want to mull over 2 years of hell that my wife and I went through. I'm just agreeing 100% with Canuck and disagreeing with you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Half the guys living here left their home country because of problems with wives or girlfriends.

No, never been married and came here as a foreign couple... so that excuse doesn't work in my situation. It was actually having a foreign wife that started the problem as they thought they could bully her and get away with it. If you even start to disagree with Thai people, the rhetoric soon resorts to "This is not your country - f*** off!"

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

Just now, tropo said:

No, never been married and came here as a foreign couple... so that excuse doesn't work in my situation. It was actually having a foreign wife that started the problem as they thought they could bully her and get away with it.

Not everything is about you. I was generalising.

19 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A disturbing sinister story unfolds with arrests I hope????

NOPE---- like a lot of these stories, we get all worked up about all the injustaces and mabe even all the crimes involved but tomorrow along comes another story and "Ron" takes a back seat ,never to be heard of again TIT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Try and get over your prejudices.

Does he or she take you to the ATM every week ?   Jesus , i can honestly say that i've probably spent longer in the PB than you've been in Thailand.......  PB, Only them that know.......  

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Fair enough. It was learning about the justice system and general corruption of lawyers that opened my eyes. A judge told me in private, in person when I caught up with him in a shopping mall (he was a decent fellow and had visited my country and had relatives there, so he was kind of on my side), not long after he had presided over a mediation session at the provincial courthouse - "don't trust lawyers". If judge tells you that, you know we're in trouble.

You might go your whole life without any problems, but it's nice to know someone has your back if the <deleted> hits the fan, and here, no one has your back unless you have a good Thai family that can support you.

Don't get me wrong, this intense dislike of foreigners (xenophobia) is not unique to Thailand. It happens all over the world, but Thai people can be very nasty. They are aggressive. People need to know this. If you are quiet, and keep to yourself, you might be ok, but then again you might not. Surely most expats have spotted this in Immigration offices all over the country. This behaviour does not stop at Immigration offices.

Here's a little gem for you. This is a Thai lawyer, not only a lawyer but one who represents quite a few foreign Embassys in Thailand, including the British Embassy....... My friend had a problem with immigration a while back and gave the immigration officers their pedigree which they well deserved. He thought he was blacklisted (BS) so he asked me to find a lawyer to assist his entry into the country. (Attached answer)  After careful thought we just thought F&^% it we'll chance the border with zilch, luckily we found a decent immigration officer and Robert was indeed our fathers brother !    Barstuard wanted 900 quid just to enter the country for thirty days with his mate in immigration taking his cut as well........ Lawyers ?????   I'd rather trust a Bar Brass with me ATM card and number........ 

665.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Does he or she take you to the ATM every week ?   Jesus , i can honestly say that i've probably spent longer in the PB than you've been in Thailand.......  PB, Only them that know.......  

Who has been here the longest means squat if you spend all your time in bars, some people learn nothing no matter how long they spend in a place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Who has been here the longest means squat if you spend all your time in bars, some people learn nothing no matter how long they spend in a place.

Very few spend time in Bars, just a hardcore crowd who hurt no one anyway.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yeah ok, just keep telling your self fairy stories........ Been there, bought the T shirt, eaten it, drank it, F&^%$ it, speak the lingo, stopped counting brasses after a grand, survived thirty years of de-bauchery and an extensive education in SE Asia......... and you ?   I think even you'd learn something after all that....... Jog on.... 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Allegedly this is false imprisonment and theft in Thailand of an elderly gentelmen. 

Do you know what allegedly means? One person is making this claim, I have yet to see any proof that it's true.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Very few spend time in Bars, just a hardcore crowd who hurt no one anyway.

Dead right, i packed in going to "Bars" years ago, i only go out now to meet old friends and that'll be in certain places that i'll feel ok in........ As for Pattaya i've been once in all the time i've lived in Thailand..... never liked it never will, too many "Giddyup" characters for me....... Johnny come latelys, missed it all..... 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Dead right, i packed in going to "Bars" years ago, i only go out now to meet old friends and that'll be in certain places that i'll feel ok in........ As for Pattaya i've been once in all the time i've lived in Thailand..... never liked it never will, too many "Giddyup" characters for me....... Johnny come latelys, missed it all..... 

Living here full time for 11 years here is a "Johnny come lately"?  That's a bit like the "I used to live in shoebox in the middle of the road" skit.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Living here full time for 11 years here is a "Johnny come lately"?  That's a bit like the "I used to live in shoebox in the middle of the road" skit.

It can drain yer Chuckle Muscle 11 years of boredom..

• Haha 1