Signing your name and telephone number in Tesco

AndyAndyAndy

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then please don't come in shops anymore. Its now a prerequisite because of corvid. If you don't want it then just don't go shopping. Why should the rules not apply to you. This is to protect people and to allow the economy to function again.

I get tired of all those tinfoil hat people who want the economy to open but at the same time are against registration like this that could confine the spread of an outbreak.

Then again Thailand is full of farang oddballs.  

In your excitement to reply you failed to read carefully. I never said I would refuse to give the information, I said I didn't like it. There's a difference. My reply was to somebody who said people who don't want to give personal information must be afraid because they have committed a crime or something. I said some people simply prefer not to spread their personal information without a bit of caution.

I went to Terminal-21 Sunday and I filled out the card, but didn't like it. Are you happy? You are correct, Thailand is full of oddballs. Many of them hang out on TV spewing diatribe without bothering to read information carefully first.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

In your excitement to reply you failed to read carefully. I never said I would refuse to give the information, I said I didn't like it. There's a difference. My reply was to somebody who said people who don't want to give personal information must be afraid because they have committed a crime or something. I said some people simply prefer not to spread their personal information without a bit of caution.

I went to Terminal-21 Sunday and I filled out the card, but didn't like it. Are you happy? You are correct, Thailand is full of oddballs. Many of them hang out on TV spewing diatribe without bothering to read information carefully first.

I replied to you but not only you. If you read the posts there are plenty who refuse or give out fake info. I dont like giving it out but I think now is not the time to moan as this is a new situation. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mises said:

Do you bring your own book/paper and table too?

I don't know about you but I cannot write without also resting my hand on the paper

That's what you wear your gloves for.????

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Madness, you have to draw the line somewhere.

Assuming you have taken your own pen with you ???? 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Oh and an update for you all. The platform is now available in English.

I just followed the link from a QR code. Didn't see a language selection on the checkin/checkout website.

Edited by RloLigor
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RloLigor said:

I just followed the link from a QR code. Didn't see a language selection on the checkin/checkout website.

Never mind. Maybe you'll see it the next time you use it. ????

Edited by Moonlover

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The way I understand it is:

It is contact tracing designed to provide your phone number and the time and date you were at any particular place ( mall, restaurant, etc ) so when any person is found to have Covid19 their movements can be traced and anyone who may have come in contact with them contacted.

The way it works is:

You are presented with a QR code on entry.

Open Line, click on “add contact “ , this will take you to a Line page where the QR code reader is available, choose this option and scan the code, another page will open ( presumably the ThaiChana platform) where you check in.

Check out on exit of mall or restaurant etc.

Signing in :

If the QR code is not set up or you do not have a smartphone/internet you will be asked to sign a paper with your name and phone number.

Ah, good there's an alternative. Line doesn't work on my phone. Too old a version of Android. Used to work, but then they made a change and I'm not going to buy a new phone for Line.

9 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Ah, good there's an alternative. Line doesn't work on my phone. Too old a version of Android. Used to work, but then they made a change and I'm not going to buy a new phone for Line.

Line is not required. It's just a "generic" QR code with a link. My camera app (Xiaomi) can read QR codes.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RloLigor said:

Line is not required. It's just a "generic" QR code with a link. My camera app (Xiaomi) can read QR codes.

Ah. Well, that's good. I accidentally discovered that Line is still on my tablet, and now on my desktop, but I really don't have any use for it. My sister-in-law had somebody install it on my phone and then used to send me pictures of buddha images, which were nice, but not something I really care about. I don't type Thai very well, so never used it for texting.

50 minutes ago, Shocked said:

Even Thai people are angry about this latest attempt to take away your freedom. 

No they aren't.  They might be miffed at the queues but that was only on the first day as everyone rushed to the shops.

And sorry, precisely which freedoms has signing in and out of shops snatched away from you?

19 hours ago, djayz said:

Was in TL yesterday and was "invited" to sign the book. I was absolutely appauled twhen I realised that I had to sign using the same pen as a million othe people before me. What's the point? Are they deliberately trying to pass it on? 

Got me a double dose from the lady with the handsanitizer. 

When I went into one of the restaurants, the same all over again!!! 

Just use the hand sanitizer when you're finished signing.

• Like 1

Just now, Stadtler said:

The freedom to be anonymous.

You can enter a fake telephone number and remain perfectly anonymous if that's so important to you and if you imagine someone is going through those numbers and then "tracking" you for some unspecified reason.  They would just see you going down to pool, in to office to grumble, back to room to post about it on TVF, back to pool, back to grumble.  Why would they really bother?

How about the freedom to be irresponsible and selfish and not take the precautions seriously and responsibly?

I remember people on here lauding Singapore for comprehensive contact tracing, yet when Thailand does the same it is the worst, most stupid thing in the world.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oldie said:

I was yesterday in Central Festival Pattaya. The whole procedure is pretty useless. The names on the lists are often hard to read and often the phone number is missing. Some shops didn't care at all anymore. And name and phone number - you can write what you want. 

I'm sure the system will quickly "fade away".

Yesterday in Terminal 21, after signing in to enter the mall, I had to do the whole process over again to enter EveandBoy... and even take a card with a number as this store has a 115 person limit inside.

I'm ok with this - it's good to be able to shop at stores that have been closed for 2 months, but I feel sorry for the shop owners. Apart from major franchises they are going to disappear fast. You can already see lots of shops that have pulled out of Terminal 21 over the closed period. Some didn't open as they know it will cost more to open than stay closed. Even Swensens didn't bother to open. Most small restaurants have a 5 person limit at one time, but you'd be lucky to see one customer at dinner time (6pm).

We didn't go into some stores as we would have been the only customers and I didn't want to put the staff through the hope of getting a sale, only for us to walk out again with no purchase. There's lots of 50% sales and still no customers. It is very depressing to see this. We went to the food court at Central Marina Mall. It was 7pm and there we 2 other customers in there.

So right now, no tourists and Thais have no money to shop. It's a disaster. Terminal 21 was already doing it tough pre-covid 19. I shouldn't have written this post as now I'm even more depressed ????

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shocked said:

You should get a job working for the government. Your perfect for the job. Sheep.

So no evidence then, thanks for confirming.

Anyone noticed a spike in telemarketing calls the last few days?  Must be lots of reports.  Anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acharn said:

Sorry for making it sound like Line is required, it’s not, but as Line is king here that is the way they will point you to the QR code reader.

The code reader can be downloaded as a separate app, there’s a whole bunch of them.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'm sure the system will quickly "fade away".

Yesterday in Terminal 21,...

There's lots of 50% sales and still no customers. It is very depressing to see this.

Normally these signs don't have any meaning and hang their all the time. It is really depressing to see them and knowing that they are often just a lie ????

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Normally these signs don't have any meaning and hang their all the time. It is really depressing to see them and knowing that they are often just a lie ????

The are genuine 50% sales. I know the prices. Aldo, Guess, Playboy, just to name a few. Fashion shops need to get rid of old stock, and it has been sitting around getting old for 2 months. I have never seen fake 20%, 50% or 70% sales in the major fashion stores.

What this means is you can buy good quality gear at market prices. Get down their and support them!

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Been in Central.world Siam paragon and other places ! Just write down first name comes into my head and 10 numbers beginning with a zero

That's really bad advice. Eventually, even the government morons in charge will catch on. Then they'll do something like require the security guards at the entrance to call the phone number to be sure it's real before they let you in. Always use a real phone number, one that you are sure will always be answered, and answered quickly. The number for reporting a rigged meter in a taxi, for example. The number for reporting an extortion attempt by an immigration officer. The Tourist Police number ..... 

• Sad 1