Signing your name and telephone number in Tesco

AndyAndyAndy

1 hour ago, tropo said:

The are genuine 50% sales. I know the prices. Aldo, Guess, Playboy, just to name a few. Fashion shops need to get rid of old stock, and it has been sitting around getting old for 2 months. I have never seen fake 20%, 50% or 70% sales in the major fashion stores.

What this means is you can buy good quality gear at market prices. Get down their and support them!

I stick to my Singha Lager Beer t-shirts even if advertisement for alcohol is illegal. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, madmen said:

Stay home

Nah. A bit like a prison sentence after awhile. It is completely unnatural and at a given point downright unhealthy to remain locked in the house all the time. No thanks. This is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse!

I don't think it is only for contact tracing as for that would nto need to sign on the way out.

I think it is also ostensibly to comply with the rule about not spending more than X hours in a mall.

No way is anyone going to sit there are compare ledgers so purely for show in that regard.

Entering TOPS todayt the thermal scanner was defective and giving high readings on almost everyone. The lady told each customer to wait a second then retook it holding it pointed downward about 12w inches above the shoulder....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MisterTee said:

Mr. bloggs is trusting to the point of idiocy.

Names and phone numbers kept confidential in Thailand?  How long has he been here?

Been here 25 years, and with the same mobile phone number since mobile phones were a thing.  No-one is saying your data is perfectly safe all the time with every company you use, but I can count on one hand the amount of telemarketing calls I have had.

See?  That's called answering a direct question - some of you guys should try it sometimes instead of just replying with an insult and not backing up anything you say or replying to questions or offering anything factual.   So I'll try again, what evidence is there that the contact tracing numbers get sold to telemarketers?  Even some anecdotal evidence - even a rumour - that you have heard of someone getting telemarketing calls since using the app to check in somewhere.  One story?  Anything?  Please don't come back with "Joseph Bloggs is a sheep" or something, try answering an actual question.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stadtler said:

You must rub the token between your fingers and then place it on your forehead.  It's for good luck.

Good luck.

Nonsense. You go in and out six times collecting the numbers to use on your next lottereee ticket.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

And where is your evidence that the Covid app is passing your number to telemarketers?  Please share.

And where is your evidence that the Covid app is NOT passing your number to telemarketers?  Please share.

????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

And where is your evidence that the Covid app is NOT passing your number to telemarketers?  Please share.

????

Eh??  Sorry, that is a child's argument.  If someone makes a claim it is up to them to provide evidence, that's how it works.  It is not up to everyone else to provide evidence against that claim.

"I can juggle 17 batons simultaneously whilst they are on fire and I am riding a unicycle".  Prove it.  "Nope, you need to prove I can't juggle 17 batons simultaneously whilst they are on fire and I am riding a unicycle".  If you can't prove I can't then it means that I can.

If someone claims your data is being sold to telemarketers then sure they have evidence to back up that claim.  No?  Otherwise why make the statement?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Eh??  Sorry, that is a child's argument.  If someone makes a claim it is up to them to provide evidence, that's how it works.  It is not up to everyone else to provide evidence against that claim.

"I can juggle 17 batons simultaneously whilst they are on fire and I am riding a unicycle".  Prove it.  "Nope, you need to prove I can't juggle 17 batons simultaneously whilst they are on fire and I am riding a unicycle".  

If someone claims your data is being sold to telemarketers then sure they have evidence to back up that claim.  No?  Otherwise why make the statement?

"Eh??  Sorry, that is a child's argument"

it is just your own question answered by same line ….. call it "mirrored" . both questions are valid , and you call it childish......

BTW I solve that QR fantasy my own way …. I think a certain office go get many call's 55555,....really this breach of privacy is becoming ridiculous 

Edited by david555

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Eh??  Sorry, that is a child's argument"

it is just your own question answered by same line ….. call it "mirrored" . both questions are valid , and you call it childish......

Ok I don't want to go round and round on this, but if you make a claim you need to back it up - that goes for anyone and anything.  I have not made any claim, I only asked the poster to back up his claim that the app sells your data to telemarketers.  He hasn't, and no doubt he won't.  Just another typical TVF bash and run with no evidence behind it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok I don't want to go round and round on this, but if you make a claim you need to back it up - that goes for anyone and anything.  I have not made any claim, I only asked the poster to back up his claim that the app sells your data to telemarketers.  He hasn't, and no doubt he won't.  Just another typical TVF bash and run with no evidence behind it.

Another thing that they could have done all those Malls and Big C and Tescos …… they all have costumers cards …. why not just put a scanner for entry and one for out…. they have all the information from those , as I get every 3 months aprox my discount and voucher checks ….. they never thought about that ….. no someone needed to make a program to introduce to government  ….at a $$$$$$

But you are right each at their own choice no need to keep turning around on it ….. I follow their mask wearing , hand sanitizing and lockdown etc ….. but here  it stops for me 

Today I did my 90 day rapport , none of QR there only Temperature taking and handwashing , nothing more ….and those are most in contact with "Anutins dirty foreigners "…. strange ....

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Correct. I don't want to know about it. I have a strong immune system, exercise, eat healthy, am not overweight, am comparatively young, and have no underlying health issues. I stick mostly to myself or practice social distancing and good hygiene, so I'm not overly concerned about passing it off to others. Your original point was that people not wanting to give their personal information must be scared or have something to hide from. My point was that many people simply show some caution and common sense about giving out personal information here, there, and everywhere.

That really makes no difference. 15 year old girl in USA died today from complications from Covid 19. Youngest person in US to die with no underlying problems. Your like all those young kids who went to spring break and Mardi Gra in New Orleans because they heard the virus only affected adults. many got seriously sick. 10 members of 1 family came down sick but only the father died.

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

Normally these signs don't have any meaning and hang their all the time. It is really depressing to see them and knowing that they are often just a lie ????

No they don't. 50% sales are usually twice a year and only on old stock. Right now it's to get rid of old stock that has been lying around for the last 2 months. 

7 hours ago, JingerBen said:

...and not have your name and phone number shared with online marketers.

here's a little true story as some kind of proof that this happens

about 6 years ago, I went to Hua Hin immigration to do a visa extension and they asked me to write my phone number manually on the form (there wasn't a spot for it back then)

a few days later I started getting cold calls from DeVere Group to my cell (Google it up, "devere group cold calls thailand")

they addressed me by full name and talked like I was from Hua Hin (I never lived in Hua Hin, Phetchaburi didn't have an immigration office before so we went to Hua Hin)

now, how do I know who gave it away? because I never gave that number away to anyone before this, passport registration was not a forced thing back then. my name was not linked to my phone number in any way.

so, someone at immigration was giving away (more likely selling) phone numbers and full names of people going there (and who knows what else)

obviously I'm not saying it's happening with this App

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tony125 said:

That really makes no difference. 15 year old girl in USA died today from complications from Covid 19. Youngest person in US to die with no underlying problems. Your like all those young kids who went to spring break and Mardi Gra in New Orleans because they heard the virus only affected adults. many got seriously sick. 10 members of 1 family came down sick but only the father died.

I'm not a 15 year old girl and I've never in my life been to any type of Spring Break party. You're clueless when it comes to understanding anything about me based on a few anonymous posts written on an internet forum. You have a right to your opinions and I have a right to mine.

6 hours ago, kekalot said:

here's a little true story as some kind of proof that this happens

about 6 years ago, I went to Hua Hin immigration to do a visa extension and they asked me to write my phone number manually on the form (there wasn't a spot for it back then)

a few days later I started getting cold calls from DeVere Group to my cell (Google it up, "devere group cold calls thailand")

they addressed me by full name and talked like I was from Hua Hin (I never lived in Hua Hin, Phetchaburi didn't have an immigration office before so we went to Hua Hin)

now, how do I know who gave it away? because I never gave that number away to anyone before this, passport registration was not a forced thing back then. my name was not linked to my phone number in any way.

so, someone at immigration was giving away (more likely selling) phone numbers and full names of people going there (and who knows what else)

obviously I'm not saying it's happening with this App

That may have been an isolated case, or not, but you give them too much credit, in being able to use the mass of largely useless information they are collecting with this exercise. They will end up with a mass of data that is meaningless  and unusable.   I am certainly not using my real name or phone number and I don't know any farang  who is. Its akin to registering for free WiFi in Tesco, which they wish to use for target marketing purposes.  I always get connected,  but I never use my right name, passport number  or phone number.  Another meaningless play at showing technological sophistication.     

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That may have been an isolated case, or not, but you give them too much credit, in being able to use the mass of largely useless information they are collecting with this exercise. They will end up with a mass of data that is meaningless  and unusable.   I am certainly not using my real name or phone number and I don't know any farang  who is. Its akin to registering for free WiFi in Tesco, which they wish to use for target marketing purposes.  I always get connected,  but I never use my right name, passport number  or phone number.  Another meaningless play at showing technological sophistication.     

Agree with most of what you say, but I certainly don't go along with the idea that names of farangs matched with their phone numbers is information that is "...meaningless and unusable".

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

See?  That's called answering a direct question - some of you guys should try it sometimes instead of just replying with an insult and not backing up anything you say or replying to questions or offering anything factual.   So I'll try again, what evidence is there that the contact tracing numbers get sold to telemarketers?  Even some anecdotal evidence - even a rumour - that you have heard of someone getting telemarketing calls since using the app to check in somewhere.  One story?  Anything?  Please don't come back with "Joseph Bloggs is a sheep" or something, try answering an actual question.

My best reply would be that it is premature to be demanding specific evidence on this issue at this time. Information is often stolen, hacked or sold months or even years later. One can see stories on the news frequently about information from a variety of sources being hacked or sold. So many people are cautious about giving information because one never knows what may happen in the future. In this case, there are a multitude of computer banks full of people's names and phone numbers being accumulated. It is not inconceivable that there is a potential in the future for someone to want that information. Maybe. Maybe not. Some people are bothered by that, some people are not. To each his own.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, djayz said:

Was in TL yesterday and was "invited" to sign the book. I was absolutely appauled twhen I realised that I had to sign using the same pen as a million othe people before me. What's the point? Are they deliberately trying to pass it on? 

Got me a double dose from the lady with the handsanitizer. 

When I went into one of the restaurants, the same all over again!!! 

You could always carry your own pen. They can be purchased for  as little as 10 baht.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alacrity said:

Some may have a concern that (at some time) immigration could facilitate a crosspatch into the system.

Your phone will give your position to within 3m of your actual location. Something they have wanted to do to foreigners for a long time.

When you purchase a sim card you must register it using your ID (Passport. ID card, etc). From that moment on you can be traced and followed 24/7 using your phone (sim card). They have the option of already knowing your location (within 3m) if they want/need to access it. Immigration have always had that option to follow/trace foreigners if they (legally) needed to. Every Immigration document you fill in has your phone number on as well, as does the file they hold on each foreigner in their database.

So do you really think Immigration is going to obtain and trawl through many thousands of QR and written records at shopping malls to see just who bought a bottle of milk of beer and when they actually did that.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, northsouthdevide said:

I also ignored the que to sign the book, and though I understand the reasoning behind it, I don't intend to pick up a pen that 100 strangers have just been handling. 

Will avoid lotas for the time being. 

I'm thinking the same about my trip to massage parlours, and not picking up a pen whilst I'm there.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, steven100 said:

yes ....  it seems a pretty fruitless exercise, even if it's a case of ' being seen to be doing something '  it still doesn't add up as what purpose does the book serve.

Contact tracing DUH!!!!!