TAT to discuss redirecting international bookings for domestic trips to boost tourism

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will discuss with hotels, airlines and online travel agents the idea of swapping customers’ bookings for flights to foreign countries and accommodations there for domestic flights and accommodations instead.

Is that a straw passing by..............LOL

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh yeah ...  I have a ticket to Vietnam & Nikko hotel booking ....

but they'll offer a rtn flight to Hua Hin staying at Lilly's hotel ...   WOW  !!

you mean Willy's hotel.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh yeah ...  I have a ticket to Vietnam & Nikko hotel booking ....

but they'll offer a rtn flight to Hua Hin staying at Lilly's hotel ...   WOW  !!

Ummm no flights to Hua Hin. The airport previously offered only one flight a day... to Kuala Lumpur 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Perhaps its not aimed at the entitled foreigner. Perhaps it's for the Thais?

International tourist bookings?

Entitled Thais.

Edited by Enoon
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Nah, but girls living in Lad Prao would be given a free BTS ride to Sukhumvit, and a room at Nana hotel, instead of their trip to MPs in Korea, or the Middle east.

Thai girls , have been primed / instructed,  to make foreigner , welcome more , than before..

Every little bit helps . Amazing Thailand ..

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

he wanted

Not about what you want dude .. Its what fare paying passengers with booked flights will accept and as already alluded to by other member who wants to trade an Int' flight for a poxy internal flight staying in the back of beyond .. And you bet some of the major tourist attractions likely to be visited will no doubt require some sort of adjustment in their favour .. They won't miss the opportunity to claw some back off anyone who takes up on this .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

Although I have my doubts about the acceptance of this scheme by those who have international holidays booked. 

it should be noted that Thailand has a lot of great resorts and some great things to do, for those who might take up this offer.

I doubt they would accept an invitation to a cheap guest house in Nakhon Nowhere as suggested by other posters.

• Haha 1

The basic thing to know to everyone who do not work in hospitals as a doctor or nurse.

Vietnam want to open a border with Europe. Thailand want to open a border to Vietnam.

One people arriving with coronavirus from Europe to Vietnam will contaminate vietnamese people. 

Vietnamese people go to Thailand as a tourists contaminate Thai people.

It is only question of time. And basic mathematics. I m my clever man but even I understand the basic issue

Basic  economics : domestic tourism can not stimulate tourist sectros unless the domestic pep or have a good ecomoni and can travel a lot.

International tourism bring money  from outside the country to stimulate ecomoni to prosperity and wellness.

Am I wrong?