Brits would fine neighbours for these ‘offences’

webfact

Brits would fine neighbours for these ‘offences’

What do you think most annoys people about their neighbours? No 1 might surprise you

David Buckley

1.jpg

What do you find most annoying about your neighbours and wouldn’t it be nice if you could fine them to show them the error of their ways? A Czech proverb says, ‘a good neighbour increases the value of your property’ and that could well be correct. However, what can we do when our neighbours are not the ones we’ve always dreamed off? How could we punish their most annoying habits?

With these questions in mind, the experts at Saveonenergy.com/uk were curious to find out which bad habits Brits think their neighbours should be fined for, and how much they would fine them for each ‘offence’ if they could. To find that out, they asked 3,504 Brits their opinion on the delicate matter.

What do Brits consider to be their neighbour’s most finable ‘offence’?

Getting into an argument? Loud noises while bonking? Sunbathing when almost naked? For me the latter is only a problem if you would prefer that they kept their clothes on. But, no – it’s none of these. The habit that gets under people’s skin the most is when their neighbours are parking in front of their drive, with 81% of Brits saying they would fine neighbours £35 for it if they could.

2.jpg

Full story: https://londoninspire.co.uk/brits-would-fine-neighbours-for-these-offences/

1RHcVpx.jpg

-- © Copyright London Inspire 2020-06-11

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I'm surprised neighbours dogs taking a dump in you garden isn't right up there but I guess it depends where the sample survey was done - inner city for example

Already laws many places in UK dogs not allowed out if not on a lead and fines for fouling public spaces. Never saw dogs running around loose where I used to live - country town.

• Like 1

Rule 234 of the Highway Code includes not parking in front of an entrance to a property.

The rest of them are just jealousy, for sex noises and stupidity for the rest. Overflowing bins is an issue for collection services which seem to be getting worse year on year.

Loud music is an environmental health issue and lays with the local council.

Too much barbecuing is a facile comment.

Leaving the lights on, whilst environmental unfriendly is <deleted> all to do with you....and if I want to sunbathe naked in my own back garden, stop looking in my garden, perve.

• Like 1

to be honest you'd be an idiot to park in front of someone's drive. coming from the uk i can say i've never seen, or even heard of, anyone parking and blocking someone's drive. so bit of a nonsense article.

some people, without drives,  think they have the right to the parking space on the street directly outside their house - they don't. but this happens and would have been a better topic/example for the article.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Missing noisy pets.

Especially barking dogs

Funny you should mention that, I was back in the UK last summer and it was one of the things I commented on...you hardly ever hear dogs barking incessantly in the UK...as opposed to here where there is hardly a pause for breath ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Rule 234 of the Highway Code includes not parking in front of an entrance to a property.

The rest of them are just jealousy, for sex noises and stupidity for the rest. Overflowing bins is an issue for collection services which seem to be getting worse year on year.

Loud music is an environmental health issue and lays with the local council.

Too much barbecuing is a facile comment.

Leaving the lights on, whilst environmental unfriendly is <deleted> all to do with you....and if I want to sunbathe naked in my own back garden, stop looking in my garden, perve.

Highway Code rules are not laws. 

There is no right of way to an entrance onto a public road. Police will not fine or take action if someone blocks your driveway. Unless there happens to be parking restrictions already in place.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

to be honest you'd be an idiot to park in front of someone's drive. coming from the uk i can say i've never seen, or even heard of, anyone parking and blocking someone's drive. so bit of a nonsense article.

some people, without drives,  think they have the right to the parking space on the street directly outside their house - they don't. but this happens and would have been a better topic/example for the article.

We used to live near a pub. Constantly a problem with customers blocking our driveway. Some abusive when requested not to park there and some refused to move off. Never occurred to them the police might be interested from a drink'drive perspective. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

forget not ,we are talking about thais; they could'nt care less about this and a host of other annoyances

If they couldn't care less, wouldn't that mean they don't consider them annoyances?  And if you're not constantly annoyed by this or that, doesn't that improve the quality of your existence?

Or, you can walk around angry all the time.  Up to you.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Funny you should mention that, I was back in the UK last summer and it was one of the things I commented on...you hardly ever hear dogs barking incessantly in the UK...as opposed to here where there is hardly a pause for breath ????

True. I know I should not ask, but why does the Thai dog behave differently?

Noise certainly is a big annoyance here. Thais cannot abide silence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Blasphemy mate !!!! How can anyone do too much BBQ'ing !!! Crikey !!!

The real 'crime' that should be fined is not bbq'ing enough. And the one that should get life with the keys thrown away is bbq'ing and not inviting your neighbours.

Oh and possibly even worse, is having a bbq and there's no beer because you don't drink.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

True. I know I should not ask, but why does the Thai dog behave differently?

Noise certainly is a big annoyance here. Thais cannot abide silence.

Most Thai people does not stimulate their dog socially.

They think they are so cute when they are a little puppy, but when grown up they treat the dog like a nuisance and only feeds it.

Dogs go crazy and barks non-stop..........