Thai media 'exaggerating' Covid-19 situation in Beijing

webfact

13 minutes ago, JCP108 said:
3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is a separate market to the main Xinfadi wholesale food market in Beijing’s southwestern Fengtai district where the original outbreak occured.

Probably the salmon, not the workers.

You forgot: Is the new outbreak market upstream from the first one?

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I believe it takes about 3 years for a salmon to grow large enough to eat.

Unless the Chinese use their infamous practices of injecting some chemicals, which makes them grow and multiply much faster

On 6/15/2020 at 2:40 AM, webfact said:

Chinese health authorities suspect salmon imported from Norway or workers carrying the virus who were not detected to be the source of the new outbreak. They said both assumptions are possible, but the first one is more likely to be true

yes, the first one is MORE likely to be true when compared with the second one.

but either of them have a 0.0000000000000005% chance of being true; nonetheless, the first one does have a higher percentage (not listed).

lol

Beijing health officials said gene sequencing showed the virus strain causing the new outbreak was related to that in Europe.

Beijing city spokesman Xu Hejian warned reporters: "The epidemic situation in the capital is extremely severe.

"Right now we have to take strict measures to stop the spread of Covid-19."

Since the virus emerged in China late last year and spread worldwide, there have been more than eight million confirmed cases and over 441,000 deaths.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11882114/beijing-grounds-flights-coronavirus-mutant-strain/

46 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Beijing health officials said gene sequencing showed the virus strain causing the new outbreak was related to that in Europe.

Beijing city spokesman Xu Hejian warned reporters: "The epidemic situation in the capital is extremely severe.

"Right now we have to take strict measures to stop the spread of Covid-19."

Since the virus emerged in China late last year and spread worldwide, there have been more than eight million confirmed cases and over 441,000 deaths.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11882114/beijing-grounds-flights-coronavirus-mutant-strain/

The dominant strain in Europe probably mutated in China before it spread like wildfire in Europe, it's still in China, no real surprise that it would spread.

Come now, Stadtler laughs at this story.  Since Beijing lies about their numbers, even some exaggeration would only bring the numbers to something more factual.

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

Thailand shut down all the schools and cancelled the flights too even though the daily cases are almost zero for the past few weeks. 

Thailand must be covering up too judging by your opinion?

Anyway, I haven't verified whether what you said is true because there's lots of fake news on the internet.

There is lots of fake news, Eric. What isn’t fake was the WHO saying China was withholding information on covid leading up to the pandemic. We know the CCP lied before, but this time it’s different, right?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/china-delayed-releasing-coronavirus-info-frustrating-who.html

They just admitted it's not the salmon, everyone with a small amount of brain would know that.

It blows my mind there are really people believing the salmon got infected in Norway and carried the virus to China.

Edited by Anton9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

The salmon are from norway, whats your point?

My point is that I didn't reply to you, so what is your point?

And no there is no salmon from Norway, there are salmon eggs

On 6/14/2020 at 10:26 PM, ukrules said:

1 - Where is it going to come from in September if it's gone? They have quarantines on all international flights, nobody gets in without passing through the quarantine. This is admitting failure before even attempting to win.

2 - Just because they didn't detect any cases for 55 days it does not mean that it's gone. Perhaps there's an as yet unknown reservoir.

Blaming it on salmon, lol ????

Salmon contains plenty of Vit D that is thought may help against infections, now we're supposed to believe salmon (specifically salmon from Norway) itself is a problem, if I was a 'conspiracy nut' I would think they're attempting to get people to stop eating salmon to increase spread of the disease.

I wonder what they did in Norway to annoy the Chinese (Nobel prizes?). Norways infections are way down the list of infected countries. They did a much better job than China.

The Japanese eat a lot of salmon......look at the figures for Japan.

55 Days in Peking. It's a great movie too.

• Haha 1