Do Thais think about T-shirts with English on them?

Lacessit

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That shirt is from the 1 every 15 minute program.  That's a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) program with a fairly realistic crash of a vehicle that is staged on their campus.  Dead students wander campus with someone dressed as death walking with them, and they see the fire department cutting up the car to get to others inside.  Law Enforcement is on scene and puts the Impaired driver through field sobriety tests before arresting them for DUI.  It is no wonder Thai's have no idea of the statistic that 1 person dies every 15 minutes on the roadways due to a drunk driver.

Interesting, learn something new every day. Thanks. Is that American, or somewhere else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Interesting, learn something new every day. Thanks. Is that American, or somewhere else?

Canada was where it officially started but it was started shortly after in California. You can look it up on-line if you would like.  My agency started the program in Chico, Ca. with Chico P.D.back in the 1990's.

http://everyfifteenminutes.org/aboutus/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

This is not a new problem; thirty-five years ago I queued for check in at Denpasar Airport, Bali, heading back to Oz. The hoon two places in front of me was wearing this on the back of his t-shirt. Between him and me was a nun. My embarrassment was acute. 

image.png.f132d677eaf884799471270c55953e08.png

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert

3 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

I once saw a young child's'-size t shirt for sale in a market proudly emblazoned with the words "Nice C*nt" (With the missing letter IN it). When I went back the next day to photograph it for an incredulous bunch of mates, it had SOLD!

someone bought the c*nt eh. 

• Haha 1

Many years ago had the sister and bro in law visiting from NZ. We took them on a speed boat across to Koh Samet. The boat boy had a black T shirt on with bold white letters that said F#&k You - You F#&king F#&k. I thought yes, big boost for Thai tourism right there!! To expound on the experience, that same trip, a young Canadian (I think) girl was stabbed to death in a communal shower block at a beach resort next to ours by, whom turned out to be a boat boy. They did nabb him within a day or so and he was tried and sentenced to the death penalty, All very fast track for face saving points. Back then, they still showed the death by firing squad action on the news. Never did find out if it was our kid with the T shirt or not cos he had a bag over his head but if it was I wished his T shirt phrase back on him!

color is way more important.  at a kindergarten school, teacher had a shirt with a big F... this ...... on it.  another kid with a massive middle-finger was talking with a monk.  another kid with the F word again.  My friend worked there at the time and was afraid to say something.  maybe it wasn't kindergarten...but anyhow these kids were under 10.  imagine picking up your kids and all the teachers are wearing F   F  F   F   F   F........  ok, picture time.  great, put that one up on the wall to show everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

This is not a new problem; thirty-five years ago I queued for check in at Denpasar Airport, Bali, heading back to Oz. The hoon two places in front of me was wearing this on the back of his t-shirt. Between him and me was a nun. My embarrassment was acute. 

image.png.f132d677eaf884799471270c55953e08.png

Until you marry them . Then they are in your face all the time. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Nothing like all the farangs with Chines characters tattooed on their arms who know exactly what they mean. 

I read a joke somewhere, a westerner with characters down his arms and chest. Someone asked asked 'what the Chinese characters meant'.

His response 'I asked for Japanese writing'.

• Haha 2