International flights to Thailand won't resume until September, says aviation authority

rooster59

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Perhaps I should consider renting a container on a freighter to visit my family back in the "old country to arrive right in time for Christmas.

Well, nothing surprise me when it comes to what those who still believe in Santa are willing to do ...

15 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Assuming everywhere else is normal too.

Watch National Day in China. 1st October.

The way I understand that news report is

September = 25% capacity

October = 50%

Nov = 75%

Dec = 100%

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Yes exactly, it's called having a choice, glad you understand now. 

As for ''severely dented any prospects of any future employment in their given field''...hahaha..laying it on a bit thick aren't we to suit your argument lol.  If they are good at what they do I'm quite sure the poor souls would get another gig. If not they will be in good company with millions everywhere losing their jobs.

"Yes exactly, it's called having a choice," 

Caring kind of a soul aren't you with your patronising attitude?

Hob·son's choice noun
  1. a choice of taking what is available or nothing at all.

''severely dented any prospects of any future employment in their given field''...hahaha..laying it on a bit thick aren't we to suit your argument lol."

I have never worked "offshore" but I would imagine that the same rules would apply as "onshore" jobs that I have worked. If you walk off the job, you risk losing all salaries/wages due to you, and I would imagine that under the circumstances, your company/employer would be very reluctant to give you a reference of any worth for any prospective future employer

"lol"

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Perhaps I should consider renting a container on a freighter to visit my family back in the "old country to arrive right in time for Christmas.

Cargo ships still have passenger cabins these days. Not a bad way to travel.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He expects most flying in Thailand to be on domestic routes, not international.

Really,

never to old to learn are we

????????????????

"Commercial flights arriving daily, from lot's of destinations across the globe. Plenty of flights to be had. Which this announcement even dumber, as flights never stopped... Options are a more limited than usual, and fares might be more expensive, but again, plenty of commercial flights arriving and departing daily."

Really? TG916/TG917 BKK - LHR has been flying all through this. Try and book a flight on one of those flights!

12 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I thought ones with Thai family members will be given an exception to enter following strict protocol 

Probably will be, all they need is an airplane to get here..    next one is in Sept. But they could always walk it. 

11 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

So no travel bubbles

Only to countries that miraculously had low Coronavirus figures like Thailand. 

They can airfreight massive containers of BS between them at the same time.

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

One statement was from government regarding the opening up and relaxation of rules to allow foreigners with Thai families and others to get back together.

The recent govt announcement and resulting news story here relating to married expats being able to return was a PROMISE of some future announcement and decision to be handed down at some unspecified future date -- not anything that's being implemented/allowed right now AFAIK.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The recent govt announcement and resulting news story here relating to married expats being able to return was a PROMISE of some future announcement and decision to be handed down at some unspecified future date -- not anything that's being implemented/allowed right now AFAIK.

It's been decided and implemented.

The process is established and one can apply via online forms by the local Thai embassy - the same applications as for the WP holders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am quite happy to have switched my flight back to Australia from August to November. However, that's no certainty either.

I did ours in reverse.  Rebooked LHR-BKK return from May 2020 to late November 2020.  Still, I won't believe it until we're boarding for outbound with no restrictions.  

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's so much false rubbish in your post, I don't even know where to begin.

I have time break it down for me so I can learn and give you a counter. I honestly feel Thailand is being influenced by China because China is financing many projects in Thailand 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, unheard said:

That's an online visa form for B and O visa applications. But it says nothing about who they're going to grant them for right now, and what preconditions are required in order to travel, especially during the repatriation only flights period.

This was from the news just this past Monday:

Mr Natapanu confirmed that among the next group to be allowed to enter Thailand are those married to Thai nationals and those who hold permanent residency. Specific details regarding the return of this group is expected to be announced at a later date. 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. Glad I'm not stuck out..

Feel bad for guys stuck outside.

Feel fun for the ones who are stuck outside just because they wanted to travel and have nice vacations in EU or US ! 

hahahaha....

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. Glad I'm not stuck out..

Feel bad for guys stuck outside.

I dunno, it's nice to have to drink good beer in a place not owned by China :tongue:

Anyway, balls to Thighland for a bit, shall let them dither and lose billions on who they allow in for 12 months, I'm off to Spain. :smile:

• Like 1

Thai Airways already announced that they will be resuming flights to 37 countries starting 1 August...

THAI Airways International opens new schedule, set to begin on 1 August 2020.
Starting 1 August 2020:
???????? Bangkok-London: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Paris: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Copenhagen: 1 flight/week
???????? Bangkok-New Delhi: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Denpasar: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Thagar: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Frankfurt: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Guangzhou: 2 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Hanoi: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Hong Kong: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Islamabad: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Karachi: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Lahore: 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Melbourne: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Islamabad: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Nagoya: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Osaka: 3 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Phnom Penh: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Seoul: 6 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Sydney: 5 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Taipei: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda): 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita): 4 flights/week
???????? Bangkok-Vientiane: 1 flight/day
???????? Bangkok-Yangon: 1 flight/day

THAI Airways International suspends flights to Milan, Rome, Moscow, Vienna, Stockholm, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Sendai, Kathmandu, Oslo, and Colombo.

So is this wrong? Or are they going to be forced to not fly and push back this schedule?

102832694_2610877345839990_164285867046618459_n.png

Edited by acenase
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's an online visa form for B and O visa applications. But it says nothing about who they're going to grant them for right now, and what preconditions are required in order to travel, especially during the repatriation only flights period.

Same conditions as for the WP holders:

Upon approval - fit to fly certificate , insurance and 14 day self-paid quarantine.

Diagram.PNG

Edited by unheard

8 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

I don’t believe those numbers at all . The tourism sector employs millions of people directly or indirectly . Be that housing - restaurants - financial support etc etc if they are going to do away with mass tourism they had better start getting the rich and middle class to start paying tax as there will need to be some form of a welfare state or another . 

Many of those millions of people that are employed in a variety of roles to take care of international tourists are also there to cater for domestic tourism, which at 5% or 6% of GDP is less than the international segment at 12% but is still hefty....that's still USD 30 bill. And that means those jobs are still in existence but only required to a lesser degree, let's face it, the tourist industry in Thailand is way over populated with unessential business that are replicated many times over, a cull in that are would actually be a good thing, I think. In the months ahead domestic tourism will become the more important sector which will absorb some of the economic shock.