Volunteers help clean up Lampang temple

rooster59

Volunteers help clean up Lampang temple

By The Nation

800_d8dad64f9e0a9e7.jpg

Volunteers in Lampang province undertook a cleaning up exercise at Wat Pa Ruak on Friday (June 26) to maintain cleanliness and raise awareness on self-discipline among people in the province.

lampang 2.jpg

lampang 3.jpg

Maj-General Chirawat Chulakul, commander of the 32nd Military Circle, has appointed Colonel Banjong Khawongdon, director of civil affairs at the 32nd Military Circle to cooperate with Muang Lampang district to organise this activity.

lampang 4.jpg

lampang 5.jpg

Volunteers included military officials and citizens in the province totalling 130 people.

lampang 6.jpg

lampang 7.jpg

lampang 8.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390396

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-27

Lets get some dirty farangs in there, as we are already filthy..I'll do it if they give me an Elite Visa!!

Can set up a page for volunteer farangs to stay busy, and give back to thai society..win win right???

They can quarantine me at a temple for 14 days and the cute thais girls can offer me a mama cup!!

The monks in Thailand could well learn from the monks in different European countries.  None go out begging for food on any day.  Many monasteries are self-sufficient, or nearly so as they grow much of their own food, and a few are well known for producing wine, beer, and/or liqueurs which are sold and are famous around the world.  Thai monks could do with a good shake-up as most seem to be in it for doing nothing, although that will never happen as long as people keep providing them with the essentials, like they do the soi dogs.  Good examples to comp[are them with are the monks, etc., in places like India where they provide food on a daily basis for themselves and sometimes hundreds of people every day at no cost.  Could go on but you get the gist of my meaning and it has all been said before.

'nuf sed

On 7/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, wotsdermatter said:

The monks in Thailand could well learn from the monks in different European countries.  None go out begging for food on any day.  Many monasteries are self-sufficient, or nearly so as they grow much of their own food, and a few are well known for producing wine, beer, and/or liqueurs which are sold and are famous around the world.  Thai monks could do with a good shake-up as most seem to be in it for doing nothing, although that will never happen as long as people keep providing them with the essentials, like they do the soi dogs.  Good examples to comp[are them with are the monks, etc., in places like India where they provide food on a daily basis for themselves and sometimes hundreds of people every day at no cost.  Could go on but you get the gist of my meaning and it has all been said before.

'nuf sed

They are not begging.  I've never seen a Thai monk begging.  Any "monk" who is begging is a charlatan; few that there are, they exist.   As I understand it, the early morning walk with alms bowls gives the community the opportunity to make merit and receive a blessing.  Everybody wins.