Has anyone here ever bought something from WISH?

Dario

Never bought anything from them but their prices look unrealistically cheap.

Check consumer reviews of the site on reviews.io and sitejabber about wish, they seem to be almost all complaints.

Edited by userabcd

4 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Wish, Chilindo, banggood, aliexpress, shoppee, just awful, the lot of 'em

Never had any problem with shopee and Lazada and always buy COD, the others I would avoid.

Edited by userabcd

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Never had any problem with shopee and Lazada and always buy COD, the others I would avoid.

all Chinese junk/garbage sellers, cashing in and laughing at us.... it took shopee 3 months to refund my 690 baht, never used them after that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

I also have had no issues with Shopee or Lazada and have paid up front for last year or two.  Shopee is especially good at stopping order and refunding if provider is slow to ship.

13 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Never bought anything from them but their prices look unrealistically cheap.

Check consumer reviews of the site on reviews.io and sitejabber about wish, they seem to be almost all complaints.

Thank you very much for your input, A quick glance at reviews.io says it all: a scam company with only one star reviews. Best to stay away.

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

all Chinese junk/garbage sellers, cashing in and laughing at us.... it took shopee 3 months to refund my 690 baht, never used them after that

Depends what one is looking for and always do some research about what they are selling and always buy COD. If I cannot see or touch my purchase of these small useful gadgets I'm looking for then there is no way I will pay in advance and afterward have to through the hassle of waiting for a refund.

Just now, userabcd said:

Depends what one is looking for and always do some research about what they are selling and always buy COD. If I cannot see or touch my purchase of these small useful gadgets I'm looking for then there is no way I will pay in advance and afterward have to through the hassle of waiting for a refund.

please explain.... COD delivery arrives at your location, you open the package and check all items are there and working/ functioning, while the carrier person sits and waits 555 .... and the Pope is catholic, right?

• Like 2

I bought a gadget from Amazon earlier this year, a knife sharpener, looked brilliant in the picture, had many rave reviews, I couldn't go wrong. was expensive for what it was but never mind. I had/have good quality Sabatier knives in the kitchen but they were never sharp enough for me.

So I was excited when this thing arrived.

It was terrible from the packaging, to the size ( the pictures were so misleading ), the product itself looked second hand, it had scratches and marks, it didn't have the proper logo on it, and worst of all , it just didn't do the job.

I returned it immediately with all the paperwork, but very quickly was refunded by Amazon. Impressive.

But I wouldn't want to play that game with these Chinese scheisters.

9 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thank you very much for your input, A quick glance at reviews.io says it all: a scam company with only one star reviews. Best to stay away.

And you trust a website like reviews.io where companies can just pay a bit to have their reviews padded.

Perhaps you should read reviews.io ratings on trustpilot?

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.reviews.io

Or how about expecting to get what you pay for?

Surely you don't expect top quality merchandise to last you a lifetime if you pay 1-2 dollars?

COD is good, but U are not allowed to touch the parcel before u hand over the cash, so it is not possible to check the item.

U can refuse it if u see something u don't like, like damage, but otherwise u can't check the product.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

And you trust a website like reviews.io where companies can just pay a bit to have their reviews padded.

Perhaps you should read reviews.io ratings on trustpilot?

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.reviews.io

Or how about expecting to get what you pay for?

Surely you don't expect top quality merchandise to last you a lifetime if you pay 1-2 dollars?

On trust pilot there are also some bad reviews, or how about the reviews on better business bureau.

Edited by userabcd

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

please explain.... COD delivery arrives at your location, you open the package and check all items are there and working/ functioning, while the carrier person sits and waits 555 .... and the Pope is catholic, right?

Do not know, have been buying many products on shopee/lazada websites since they started in Thailand and have never needed to return and get a refund for anything I bought on their websites.

OP, google "drop shipping", thats basically what wish is. They basically list Chinese products, when you place an order with them, they then jump on alibaba, aliexpress etc and order the product from china to be shipped straight to you. Thats why it has a 2-3 week shipping time.

Its no different to you going on alibaba and ordering yourself, except they are adding their markup..

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Bought a petrol mower from Lazada. Do you think the delivery man would let me give it a go around my lawn before paying?   NO WAY.  PML

And of course, 30 seconds after delivery, an email comes from them asking you to write a review. Silly.

12 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Bought a petrol mower from Lazada. Do you think the delivery man would let me give it a go around my lawn before paying?   NO WAY.  PML

And of course, 30 seconds after delivery, an email comes from them asking you to write a review. Silly.

Mowers, TV's, fridges, kettles etc...such items I would never purchase online.

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Mowers, TV's, fridges, kettles etc...such items I would never purchase online.

Agreed, but you still cannot try a mower out, or do a wash load before you buy it at the local shop, but it's easier to take it back    PML

To be short and frank: Do yourself a favor and don't ever buy anything from WISH. I went over the first three pages of reviews.io: only complaints!

Edited by Dario

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Aliexpress seems to have increased the time until you can put in a dispute to 3 months from 2. Way way too long to wait for a delivery.

I won't be ordering anything more for the foreseeable

I order some shim washers early March, due for delivery early April.... nada.

dispute period extended another 30 days.

Early May delivery .... nada.

Early June delivery .... nada.

Early July delivery .... Yay they arrived.

dispute period period cancelled next day.

Before Aliexpress I had only done 2 charge backs on my Visa card after almost 200 transactions on Aliexpress I have applied for and received close to 20 chargebacks! 

Aliexpress is to slow delivering, doesn't always have the best price and has some dodgy and incompetent sellers.

Using Lazada more these days.

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Before Aliexpress I had only done 2 charge backs on my Visa card after almost 200 transactions on Aliexpress I have applied for and received close to 20 chargebacks! 

Aliexpress is to slow delivering, doesn't always have the best price and has some dodgy and incompetent sellers.

Using Lazada more these days.

Did you do the chargebacks after the 60 day period?