When are we gonna apologise to Anutin?

Pravda

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

UK test per million - 142,000 - total tests over 10,000,000 - about 14% of the population

Thailand test per million - 8,000 - total tests 600,000 - about 0.8% of the population

UK testing all deaths , covid deaths reported even if squished by a bus, knifed, car crash, or even slipped on a banana skin.

Thailand is simply not testing enough, and is definitely not testing everyone who dies.

It's easy to criticise countries being more honest than others.

So patting a xenophile on the back whilst not testing his population is way below the intelligence of most of the TV readers I would think.

If Thailand many death same UK, will do more test sure.

But all the test last month negative, so not necessary for that. 

You think 12% for UK enough? 88% not have test.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The same Anutin who was photographed having dinner with about ten colleagues? All sitting closely together, and not one of them wearing a mask?

You know whats funny is try to find that photo now ;)

Seems the PTB took them all down

I don't care whatever he is . I done nothing wrong , and i am 100% in favour of facemasks , and i find it extremely stupid not to wear them in this time in a public place. I don't apologise for something which i got nothing to do with . That's like saying i apologise for killing that person , while i wasn't even on the same planet . You make laws , and i try comply . I done something not according to the law , ok i have to admit i was wrong and apologise .

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

When hell freezes over. That racist xenophobe has absolutely no place in a position of power or influence. His outbursts influence many Thai people who then continue with the diatribe.

...methinks he is all powerful and will be around for some years to come..the next premier comes to mind.

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

When are we gonna apologise to Anutin?

Shortly after he prostrates himself in front of us and apologizes for the racist bile he spewed out.I don't care if the use of masks was right or not. There was no justification for a senior member of Government to get pissy when his photo  promotion thing went wrong. He refused to apologize for his disgraceful outburst so he is unlikely to find farang queuing up to say sorry to him.

Sounds like you are as pissy as he is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

Not sure what the point of this thread or if it meant to be funny or light hearted, I just find the suggestion of apologizing to Anutin after what he said and did quite provocative.

to get people riled up...

People were wearing facemasks already before the breakout due to the airpolution ,so it was nothing new to them and very easy to get them to wear them for the virus as well . And you'r a fool if you think that he came up with this plan all by himself , the racist pri... . 

20 hours ago, Pravda said:

Ooops... thread not going as expected ????

A mask won't hurt to wear, but it has to be a correct mask,not just a piece of fabric you can see loads of Thai wearing. They don't help a bit when coughing or sneezing. 

• Confused 1

Thailand and many other Asian countries got that right long before most Western countries. I'll give them that, and personally, I started to wear a mask in Bangkok long before it became a requirement.

That said, there's no excuse for Anutin's rude and unprofessional remarks. No need to apologize to that piece of work.

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I think Pravda was referring to body dirty, not mind dirty. Poor old Pravda. He needs a good scrubbing inside and out. ????

I guess I'm off to Pattaya

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

1) If those two Italy tourist just take the mask this not happen.

2) He was correct.

3) He never say word “dirty”.

Hard for translate, it nearly same “<deleted>....... Farangs”

4) He not talk about ALL farang. Can thaivisa member admit SOME farang need shower more. Farang say same, why can thai not say? 

Is true, SOME foreigner stinky a bit.

5) Why care what he say? Why you care him? He not important your life. Forget. 

6) This thaivisa forum, some member say worse thing everyday about thailand. But ONE Thai say ONE thing. Not cry please.

7) not need apologies to Anutin. He will be ok.  

ps 

i think SOME people, smell not good because there body not prepare for tropical condition. Come from cold country.

And use tissue, not the bumgun. 

One shower per day is not enough in Thailand. 

Ps 

Thankyou all the farang wear the mask for help thailand win covid. 

We help together.

thankyou so much.

Thaivisa 2020 award for poster who most kisses government's ass. And second award for using cherry picked facts to support their views in the absence of evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pravda said:

Rightfully blamed Westerners for refusing them. Let's face it.... we are just dirty.

Speak for you're self ,Don't say that Westerners are Dirty Because You Are. 

Some people just don't Want to Wear a Mask Some may even have a Good reason not to wear one . 

• Like 1

The association of mask wearing to numbers of sick people is unproven.

I saw Anutin himself without a mask on several occasions, he did not get sick, therefore not wearing a mask does not make you prone to sickness.

See my point?

Anutin does not require an apology from anyone on this forum. He was not appointed, nor was he likely to have been elected by anyone on this forum.

Perhaps he was right, perhaps there was a better way of expressing what he expressed. But, the impression he gave was not positive to foreigners. He'll be gone sooner or later, but the impression a senior cabinet member of this government gave will linger.

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

i think SOME people, smell not good because there body not prepare for tropical condition. Come from cold country.

And use tissue, not the bumgun. 

One shower per day is not enough in Thailand. 

Ps 

In my view, Tom Yam and Bumguns are the best things Thailand brought to the world. ????
I installed the bumgun in all the House toilets in my home country. My eldest daughter’s family did the same. When in Thailand, I avoid any western managed hotel that Does not have bumguns in the rooms.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 2:14 PM, AhFarangJa said:

When hell freezes over. That racist xenophobe has absolutely no place in a position of power or influence. His outbursts influence many Thai people who then continue with the diatribe.

Exactly.  The idea of nuance or "responsibility' seems to have no place in Thai politics. Donald Trump would fully approve.

18 minutes ago, Gene1960 said:

In my view, Tom Yam and Bumguns are the best things Thailand brought to the world. ????
I installed the bumgun in all the House toilets in my home country. My eldest daughter’s family did the same. When in Thailand, I avoid any western managed hotel that Does not have bumguns in the rooms.  

In farangland we use a Bidet or a bidet shower.....Well, I am posh......????.........????

• Haha 1

I really think he did a great job. I found it always strange if some few booze and sex tourists were fighting against him. They should look into a mirror and understand that their strange addiction is very strange. Paying money to have sex with young girls and often even pay additional money if they don't want to use a condom - they only care about themselves. In the end this is a very big shame and the government should stop this. Thailand should get finally rid of them. They just create an extremely bad image for tourism. Vietnam, Malaysia or Bali for instance never had such a bad reputation caused by such heavily addicted persons. 

• Like 2