More than 1,700 medical tourists arriving this month

webfact

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

Medical tourists will be tested three times for Covid-19: before departing for Thailand, on arrival, and before returning home.

This will be a mess, people will not know nor allow for the the lab time for the tests;going to be a lot of people turned away at airports, <deleted>-off, angry people, people who couldn't make all the requirements in the 72 hour window 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Bangkok post said as follows:

"After the 14-day period, tours can be arranged for them to visit anywhere in Thailand," he said.

hope this is true... 

Just called the embassy they told me to talk to a hospital and checkout their packages and then to contact the embassy again and they could arrange it for me. He couldn't tell me anything that would happen after the 2 weeks quarantine simply because Thailand did not tell the embassies anything yet.

Does anybody have a list of the 60+ hospitals that are a part of this?

I think pretty much all of the larger "internationall" hospitals are part of it, and they can arrange everything.

Incidentally for Cambodians entry can be overland per oen hospital I spoke with recently using just 1 checkpoint where an arrangement is in place.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Ten days ago they said 30,000 medical tourists had registered with them, now it's only 1,700?

1700, this is 0,00425 % of tourist arrivals 2019. What a rebound to normal levels. (sarcasm)

Why they even bother with it. Hard to understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berti said:

1700, this is 0,00425 % of tourist arrivals 2019. What a rebound to normal levels. (sarcasm)

Why they even bother with it. Hard to understand.

Pressure from the international hospital lobby, no doubt. The likes of Bumrungrad must have been really hurting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The medical tourism and wellness programme offers two types of quarantine depending on treatment: Hospital Quarantine for patients receiving short treatments within their 14-day quarantine and Alternative Hospital Quarantine for longer procedures such as infertility treatment (Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer or GIFT).

I have a note from a major BKK hospital that I need to follow up ("short treatment") on my recent total hip replacement surgery. I don't need to be in the hospital for 14 days and would be perfectly willing to do normal ASQ... but ASQ sounds like it will only be available for people receiving long-term hospital services.

Guess I need to contact my local Thai Embassy for further muddyfication.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Wellne$$

~o:37;

Yes, everything you're NHS or public health insurance in your home country wouldn't pay for. 

What I just wonder: would a Western doctor's medical advice be enough to qualify as a medical tourist? 

18 hours ago, YetAnother said:

This will be a mess, people will not know nor allow for the the lab time for the tests;going to be a lot of people turned away at airports, <deleted>-off, angry people, people who couldn't make all the requirements in the 72 hour window 

Welcome to the NEW covid reality.

16 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Myanmar and Laos accounting for more than half of these "medical tourists"???

There is something fishy here...

Nose jobs?   Can I get in for a sex change and then say the bill goes to the previous "guy"....

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

They haven't mentioned the full frontal lobotomy, which they will obviously need in order to comply with the medical tourist visa requirement.

Sorry, but your comment reminded me of the song lyric I think is brilliant: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have to have a full frontal lobotomy. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Myanmar and Laos accounting for more than half of these "medical tourists"???

There is something fishy here...

Oh! Ye of little faith.....Read few years back of how Thailand counts its medical tourism numbers,..by enquiries only,now India by procedures,but Thailand is so damned expensive just wonder why anyone comes

16 minutes ago, Cadan said:

The usual Thai complexity.

It's amazing how simple so many things in Thailand can be. I find that forum posters tend to overcomplicate the simplest process, however. In this case I think it's wise of Thailand to try to avoid a reintroduction of COVID. Probably inevitable, however, as time goes by.

who really wants to come ?

Whoever wants to go for a hospital visit? I don't really want to go to an upcoming dental appt. What do you need, a lollipop and balloon?

Confusing message is that they can travel around Thailand after 14 days ? 

How is that in the least confusing? Know how to read a calendar?

Edited by BigStar