Rayong senior officer promises Bt100,000 to anyone who contracts Covid-19 after visiting Rayong

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“People who wish to visit Rayong, as well as Rayong people who want to travel to other provinces, will not be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine,

That was how the problem all started!

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“If anyone visits Rayong and contracts Covid-19, I will personally pay them Bt100,000 after they show concrete evidence, verified by the Ministry of Public Health, that they actually contracted the virus from Rayong locals.”

And good luck getting all that on your sick-bed in quarantine!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

If the minister can afford to hand out 100.000s of baht maybe he should hand it to the local people who have lost jobs and are hungry it’s clear that he has. O ey banged up in the safe if he cam come up with such a crazy idea time to take care of those who are desperate . ☹️☹️☹️

"The province was gripped with fear of a new wave of infections after an Egyptian soldier, who stayed in a hotel there, was found to be positive after he had left the country"

The Thai people are scared of their own shadow. Prayut is to blame. A scared old man.

When the Egyptian was found positive, instead of being shocked, surprised and scared and saying it was like getting hit by a plane, he should have said ...

we will look into it to stop it happening again, but we are prepared for events like this which are inevitable, our test-trace-isolate system is mobilized to address situations exactly like this and people don't need to panic. And that by the way many countries are operating with low levels of coronavirus suppressed by social distancing and test-trace-isolate and local lockdowns. It is NOT necessary to have zero cases. In fact aiming for zero cases is a recipe for killing the economy.

Edited by Ketyo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Should  tell the man in the  middle  that those plastic  face guards wont help?

Of course he just wants to avoid damage to his district. Nothing unusual. 

Edited by Oldie

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“I am confident that Rayong people are free from Covid-19,” he said. “If anyone visits Rayong and contracts Covid-19, I will personally pay them Bt100,000 after they show concrete evidence, verified by the Ministry of Public Health, that they actually contracted the virus from Rayong locals.”

Wow this guy likes a safe bet !

"Gripped with fear" is one thing but judging my partners reaction they are shocked that these Egyptians were allowed to bypass the lockdoen to enter the Kingdom and move around freely. To be fair, Prayut has acknowledged that.

• Like 1

Wow amazing; I can see a new Thai  entrepreneurially business opportunity opening up there; free COVID-19 infections for a 50,000 Baht fee.

A bit of satire......................

• Haha 1

Got to give this idiot the balls for even getting in front of the camera's to even make such a offer like if they are actually going to pay out if a claim came in?  I beg you if a Farang got it even thought they have been locked down here since the beginning caught it now in Rayong.

Where is all this money from since they won't even help poor Thais accept for a few bags of groceries which they make them stand close together in the hot sun sweating.

4 hours ago, Mung said:

what the hell is wrong with this country lol 

Yes indeed - this news has been posted on Facebook from another Thai news source (which I shall not name or copy). I received the post this morning on my Facebook page and it has gone worldwide via my large group of friends for "starters". The heading though, was more like "Tourists, come to Rayong for your holiday and if you become infected with coronavirus, we will give you 100,000 Thai baht" As you can imagine, the response is "unbelievable" to say the least!! Wait for the "fake news" response from the Rayong authorities. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Does the virus have a stamp that says where you contracted it?

So the Virus narrative is getting complicated , when you try and control, you have to be prepared for consequences...