Army to Buy B1.35bn Aircraft to Replace An Old Plane

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

They will spare no expense for the army. They don’t care about the people of Thailand.

Of course they will spend to make the country safe from outside invaders.  My question is why the hell does this Government feel the need to buy sophisticated weapons of war.  Who the hell wants to invade and take over the country other than the Chinese, and that is already being done.  Waste of money that could prop this country up in times of need.  Greed, corruption and elitists buy up such items then run the country into the ground and either flee or get themselves put in jail.  This government however, gave themselves a "Get out of Jail Free Card" with the passing of legislation that says they can never be prosecuted ......go figure.  Wish I could pass a law to help myself that says I get 1% of all interest in the world from all of the banks....lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Where is all this Bahr coming from, me thinks they are spending to the brink of Thailands bankruptcy, they have already obtained several large loans to keep the Country afloat, then when this Government is overthrown there will be nothing left in the coffers... 

Just borrow more to pay off the debt. 

Dianne Abbott. 

SO  many out of work ... food  ques  and  the Army  spends  over  1  bill  ...I am truly  shocked  at  your Gov  Thailand  

God help the normal  population

Perhaps  these  young uni students  can start a movement to  over throw  this  Gov  one  day 

Small  acorns   can grow  into huge Oak trees

Good luck people  of Thailand 

• Like 1

I would have thought that the Thai Air Force would have enough planes to fly all the generals around. But maybe each section of the military doesn't talk to each other. How do they get on if there is a conflict with another country. Charter planes to send in army para troops cant use air force planes?

Replace the old plane with another new model of the same plane.

The General and his buds do not need some fancy jet.  They of course

will have to fly commercial jets for the long flights overseas, but not spend even a half 

of what they will if they buy some corporate style jet.

Geezer

2 hours ago, brommers said:

Just one more example of thoughtless waste of taxpayer money. 

The truth is even worse.

According to The Taiger the army already owns 8 other VIP transport airplanes ????

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/politics/thai-army-wants-to-purchase-1-35-billion-baht-replacement-vip-plane

Why does an army that never won a war have so many VIPS needing so many VIP transport airplanes ???

• Like 1

If this new one is the fastest in the VIP fleet I am all for it.   In the next war,  pre-war, the faster the top General can get to where the white flag is hoisted the better.  The sooner a truce is signed the sooner lives can be saved...Generals lives that is. ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Just to remind you, we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, without precedent in modern times. It's not like we can draw on recent history for parallels. The country is suffering. The tourist industry has closed down. It's not time to spend billions on a single aircraft when the country is basically broke, or rather it would be if it used its reserves to help their population. We suspected they were holding onto cash and crying poor - this proves it. Now you know, beyond doubt, how much the leaders actually care about their people. They are a disgrace to the human race.

Considering the enormous financial support measures put in place here in UK & elsewhere there must be conseqences for any government which does'nt help it's people and in turn the economy. Purchases like this just rub salt into a wound

• Like 1

Useless military generals need new toys...first the submarine now a jet..they didnt get it. Thailand has no hostile armies to come invade them, it's the Chinese who are invading them bringing along their sicknesses and the money to buy cheap the businesses went broke. And Thai generals are not protecting the country but willingly hand over Thailand to their masters in Beijing.

Edited by P100

A troll post has been removed.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Reigntax said:
18 hours ago, tifino said:

hence the obligatory ejector seats 

No. They may eject too early while still over Thailand 

that would mean an ejector seat brake fail?

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The top brass need to fly in style.  Why not waste some more money. Why not procure an aircraft from Thai Airways and retrofit it.....

Because it will be too big, and thereby too expensive to operate, and as THAI furthermore is a private company, market value need to change hands in real money. It's wise to change 30-years old aircraft technology, especially when spareparts become a problem.

And always look at the bright side of life, the army don't buy a more expensive 737 luxury business aircraft, priced around 3 billion baht ($92 million to $108 million), but only an affordable modest VIP-jet...????

• Like 1