Majority of 'working girls' in Pattaya are not wearing face masks.

bbabythai

You can see it in the malls all around the on their Chins  or Nose fully exposed , those idiots coming up to you  without mask handing brochures, I tell them f o , most wear fashion mask which do nothing 

18 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The OP said "I believe this because there is a large cluster of ignorant uneducated girls who have no idea about the risks of this pandemic- all of whom have intimate relations with their customers being part of their job description".

I think these "ignorant uneducated girls" are a lot smarter than the OP.

its easy to be judgemental when you have money and privilege. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Have been living here very long and know some girls working not in bars. At the moment most of them don't have a job and so no income. Even before the income wasn't very high. But not a single one of them would ever work as a prostitute.

Its great that you happen to know such wonderful and perfect people.

I have yet to meet a very 'bad' bargirl.

Most do whatever is required to support family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murraynz said:

Its great that you happen to know such wonderful and perfect people.

I have yet to meet a very 'bad' bargirl.

Most do whatever is required to support family.

Yeah....no! 

They might do it for money, though not necessarily to support family. I've met a few whose families don't need support.

When you are 'friends' you tend to get a bit more of the story than when you are their potential income.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bbabythai said:

In my conversations about covid 19 with various sample of P4P girls I noticed that most of them say either 'this is thailand' or 'we dont have corona here' or 'I have been here x yrs and never been sick'. 

Its duly noted that once a vaccine is created and everyone has taken it then there is nothing to worry about...

Let me think now... They snoggle, blow, bend, etc and there are more deaths from HIV/AIDS than COVID. Do you really think their worried? 

16 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

It is only dangerous to very old or very ill people. Isolate those people, if they want to be isolated, and let everyone else get on with life. 

I am afraid if you take away the old farangs here in Pattaya there would not be many customers left for bars. 

Right now personally they are right!  If you haven't noticed we have been locked down everyone has indirectly been quarantine due to tourist not being able to enter Thailand for more than 14 days. 

Their opinion will have to change when Thailand start to allow new visitors certainly the number are going to rise how much will they be able to contacts the larger numbers is the big question but the number will increase and so will everyone's habits including the girls.

So mean time enjoy the attention for myself when I go out and the girls don't want to exchange some spit!  Now I got to go through my list even before I buy her a single drink if she answers she is scared of getting the virus I tell her politely bye inside I saying to myself NEXT!????

Edited by thailand49

Well they have to make money to survive. What do you expect?

Maybe if they get a monthly check as some of the government paid doctors you read telling their <deleted> here they would stop working and practice social distancing.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, anchadian said:

It's the police that should be doing their job by regularly checking bars in Pattaya.

If there hasn't been one local case in Pattaya or in the country for many weeks now and no tourists are allowed into the country, who are supposed to infect who? Think about that a while. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a general misconception that the wearing of a mask protects the wearer from a viral transmission. Unfortunately, even with a state-of-the-art N95++ filter, the pores in the fabric would be akin to trying to stop a mosquito flying through the Pattaya underpass.  There is, of course, limited protection in preventing the virus from passing into any mucous membranes if it is attached to such items as fine water vapour, dust or other contaminants but the main protection of wearing a mask is in the wearer transmitting considerably less viral load than without one - largely by the same method - adsorbtion to water vapour in the breath. Most of the transmission occurs by adhesion of the virus to exhaled air and water, in which masks have been proven to be what can largely be deemed as highly effective in reducing.

There are numerous peer-reviewed papers on the efficacy of masks as an effective measure to stop a carrier from disseminating the virus and the bottom line here really, is that masks are not so much for the benefit of the wearer as those whom the wearer comes in contact with. With such a high success of inhibition it follows that masks should have been worn from the very start and if they had been there would likely have been a very different scenario from what the world is looking at today.

The main problem with this virus is, and has been since first unleashed upon us, the extraordinary duration of asymptomatic transmission which has resulted in millions of people becoming infected.

As for the topic in question it doesn't really matter if we are talking about girls in bars, men in offices, families in picnics, or farang having a night out; the options are all the same....either we all wear masks thereby maximising resistance against airborne transmission, we don't bother wearing masks thereby minimising that resistance, or we create antibodies - either from infection or injection - and hope that they last longer than the two months some research papers are now suggesting.

By and large I think the Thai people have done a damned good job in their efforts to resist this pandemic. But we are all human, we all want our lives back, we all have to eat and with debatable reassurances coming through the media it's little surprise that many are discarding their masks and doing whatever they can to get food into the mouths of their families.

I fear this story has a long time to run yet.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, anchadian said:

It's the police that should be doing their job by regularly checking bars in Pattaya.

It should be more important for the police to get out on the roads and catch all these drivers who are over the limit among other things than checking bars where no one is doing any harm except to try and

enjoy themselves.

• Like 1

I was in Thermae in Bangkok for a few minutes last night. As it opened there were a few over 30 girls, and less than 10 guys. I think only the waiters were wearing masks. I was there to talk to one of them for an old friend who is out of town. But the girls were looking good, albeit a little desperate.

2 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I was in Thermae in Bangkok for a few minutes last night. As it opened there were a few over 30 girls, and less than 10 guys. I think only the waiters were wearing masks. I was there to talk to one of them for an old friend who is out of town. But the girls were looking good, albeit a little desperate.

I was in Thermaes 40 years ago.

Most popular song was ' Last train to London '

I missed that train but about ready to catch the last plane.

The name might be the same but that is about all.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, bbabythai said:

I was doing some 'field research' in Pattaya a few nights ago and noticed that the majority of the sample (working girls) are not concerned about catching

the Covid-19 virus.  99% of them are not wearing face masks and don't care about social distancing. 

If I was you, I would stay miles away from any bar area and P4P-girls, until the Covid-19 virus is fully under control...:thumbsup:

On 7/22/2020 at 9:14 PM, Youlike said:

Those girls and boys also don't care for HIV.....they are Thai.

Then why do they demand use of condom?

Edited by Mac98
Add clarification.
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, Pilotman said:

'working girls not wearing face masks and not practising social distancing'; rather a statement of the blindingly obvious don't you think.  Bit difficult to do their job otherwise.  

But but but my friend is a working girl she works on a farm and she never worn a mask????

16 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

You can see it in the malls all around the on their Chins  or Nose fully exposed , those idiots coming up to you  without mask handing brochures, I tell them f o , most wear fashion mask which do nothing 

My nose will always be fully exposed except for a few seconds at the entrance to the BTS or shopping centres etc. I need to breath without feeling uncomfortable, everyone is not the same.

8 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

But but but my friend is a working girl she works on a farm and she never worn a mask????

haha, I bet she has.  I have never yet seen a working girl on the farms not covered up like a devout Muslim lady. They hate the Sun on their skin.