'Delicious taxes': Thai protesters use Japanese cartoon hamster to mock government

webfact

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha!

Started off with a micro-sleep that became something more permanent.

He should have pulled over for a drink of water, or an energy drink.

Perhaps a can of Red Bull - or maybe not - he could have then driven his wheel into someone, thus requiring him to flee the wheel PDQ.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, thanks to the yellows Thailand has a feckless, military government.  Strikes and much bigger protests are the only way to get rid of current usurpers.

I hope more join them - older Thais who are fed up with a Junta government that cannot govern with intelligence or integrity, that it becomes a  wider expression of all Thai people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Saddest part is that likely nobody in that group of protesters is paying any tax...

Erm students dont pay tax as students? Once they start working hopefully in the field they are studying for, they will eventually pay tax
Those there that arent students, may be there because their taxes are not being spent in the areas the taxpayer wishes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Tell that to the Yellows with their hand-clappers, whistles and other paraphenalia.

Worked for them.

I don’t think it was the clappers that helped so much as support (tacit or otherwise) from the oligarchs and the military.

• Like 2

I am not sure armchair critics should be mocking harmless ridicule and call for more robust action. Remember what happened when people protested during Gen. Suchinda's "reign"  in a way you might think was more like a real protest. Don't hope for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paiman said:

What a sad comment.

The silly part is that the junta government is still in charge, even not elected by the population and they have kept none of the promises.

Time to wake up and act. This movement has my full support.

Everybody in this country pays tax.  It’s called VAT.  The benefit received by citizens is well below the 7% paid.

Agree, support them 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Not sure if on topic.  Anyone remember hammy the hamster , Tales of the river bank , Johny Morris ?

I remember it, but didn't remember it was narrated by Johnny Morris.

A quick wiki check confirmed it, and was a Canadian produced series.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surasak said:

If the government choose to use force againts these students, I feel sure the government will feel the force of the rest of the world againts them.

If the conscripts that are being forced into the military sided with the protesters and turned to their gun on the generals something might change

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I see trouble ahead. The government will hit back with 'Hello Kitty' and stuffing will flow in the gutters........

Quite possibly, but who's stuffing will that be?

8 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I hope that the government will not make the mistake to use force in oppressing this movement . ( hamsters against guns ... )

The government would just issue a statement after the fact stating they believed that Thailand had a rat problem that had to be dealt with to preserve the security and happiness of the nation.