Australians to be booted from Bali as international visa deadline looms

ezzra

"Australians to be booted from Bali as international visa deadline looms"

Given the amnesty deadline, Is this an ominous signs of things to come to expats here in this country? who's to say?...

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/australians-to-be-booted-from-bali-as-international-visa-deadline-looms/news-story/2ae31c1d2c7a8b96b6fdac06b9b18084

The foreigners have been granted a 30-day extension but will still have to be out of Bali by September 10, one day before Bali reopens to international tourists, Sky News reports.

Australians who choose to continue living in Bali will have to return home and reapply for a new living permit.

one day before!!? 

they have a weird way of handling tourism on this side of the planet ????

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find they are not exactly tourists 2-3 months after they were scheduled to leave. Many have opted for an extended stay, taking no action to get back home. The whole idea of amnesties was to help those genuinely stranded, not to keep tourism going.

Isn't that what he asked about? Maybe they are not real tourists. But they are people living in Thailand, spending money.  If you get no new tourists I think it would be better to keep what you have.

• Like 1

I don't get you guys.  Many on here keep banging on about why they want tourists to leave.  Does it not occur to you that maybe you're not wanted here.  How about maybe, just maybe, they are tired of being called everything but a child of God and would just like to clean house.  Or, consider they don't care about the money you've spent or are spending.  There is no better time to reset expectations, and maybe massive tourism isn't in the cards anymore - it's been hinted many times over by the powers that be.

And, the incessant number of people calling this their "home" when anything short of permanent residence and/or Thai citizenship makes it so - in spite of the house, condo, car, truck, wife, children, swimming pool, and school tuitions you've perhaps paid for... 

I realize this post was originally referring to Indonesia, but I just happen to be in Thailand, and it's the same story regardless. 

Edited by mosan
Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mosan said:

I don't get you guys.  Many on here keep banging on about why they want tourists to leave.  Does it not occur to you that maybe you're not wanted here.  How about maybe, just maybe, they are tired of being called everything but a child of God and would just like to clean house.  Or, consider they don't care about the money you've spent or are spending.  There is no better time to reset expectations, and maybe massive tourism isn't in the cards anymore - it's been hinted many times over by the powers that be.

And, the incessant number of people calling this their "home" when anything short of permanent residence and/or Thai citizenship makes it so - in spite of the house, condo, car, truck, wife, children, swimming pool, and school tuitions you've perhaps paid for... 

I realize this post was originally referring to Indonesia, but I just happen to be in Thailand, and it's the same story regardless. 

i'm a strong believer that actions speak louder than words which is why i'll leave you to ponder why i, with a wife, home and kids, get a 1 year extension and a clear path to permanent residency (if i so wish) yet "tourists" get 30 days ????

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find they are not exactly tourists 2-3 months after they were scheduled to leave. Many have opted for an extended stay, taking no action to get back home. The whole idea of amnesties was to help those genuinely stranded, not to keep tourism going.

I agree with U, but the people in Bali rely on 1 thing mainly... That's tourism. Y evict the ones already there when U know others arent coming in. Especially not when their governments either don't allow the to fly out or will quarantine them upon returning. Im surprised governments aren't making financially sensible decisions here , especially when U know the overstayers aren't infected. 

1 hour ago, mosan said:

This true as well